Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Board Management > Thread Hell


A Signing Already?!

Thread Hell


 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2007, 06:44 PM   #46
Pro Bowl
 
Beemnseven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Virginia Beach
Age: 40
Posts: 5,293
Re: A Signing Already?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulskinsfan View Post
Gibbs and Company brought the microscope upon themselves. If he refuses to change course in how players are selected and scouted then Im gonna pile on every chance I get until they prove they deserve the benefit of the doubt.
Damn right.

And Matty, when is the appropriate time for criticizing or applauding any personnel moves?

10 days after the season ending? A month?
Beemnseven is offline  

Advertisements
Old 01-04-2007, 07:04 PM   #47
Special Teams
 
charlielyons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Richmond, Va
Posts: 394
Re: A Signing Already?!

this might end up a good signing, 1st round draft pick DE are very risky, hopefully we are drafting a quality CB or DT and build depth through free agency like every other club.... not a bad move in my opinion....give it a chance 8 sacks are not terrific but 70 tackles is pretty good. he might be fundamentally sound
charlielyons is offline  
Old 01-04-2007, 07:06 PM   #48
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,799
Re: A Signing Already?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
So now we need to blast them over a practice squad type of move?

C'mon this thread is just ridiculous. It was a tough season so I can understand people being on edge, but I really hope we're not going to spend the entire offseason blasting every move no matter how insignificant it is.
Sorry but why bring in a 240lb pass rusher? He can't even give Samuels and Jansen a good look on scout team.
skinsfan69 is offline  
Old 01-04-2007, 07:09 PM   #49
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,799
Re: A Signing Already?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
Christ almighty ... Was this signing announced as the savior of the franchise?? Did I miss something? Are the Skins saying "Well, we've made the big FA move we've been contemplating, now we're done"? Did Redskin 1 ever leave the ground on this one (Hell, did it even get its windows washed)??

They probably saw something they liked, gave him a no SB contract, and will be pleasantly surprised if he does anything more than make the practice squad.

Man - this mob looks to eat its own quickly. Can we at least wait more than one week before we castigate the FO for a horrible offseason??
Just call us a bunch of Piranahs.
skinsfan69 is offline  
Old 01-04-2007, 07:22 PM   #50
Playmaker
 
Longtimefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Germantown, Md.
Posts: 4,832
Re: A Signing Already?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlielyons View Post
this might end up a good signing, 1st round draft pick DE are very risky, hopefully we are drafting a quality CB or DT and build depth through free agency like every other club.... not a bad move in my opinion....give it a chance 8 sacks are not terrific but 70 tackles is pretty good. he might be fundamentally sound



Do we have anyone on the team at DE with more than 8 sacks in the last two years? Sounds like an upgrade to me already. despite the fact he may not even make the team.
__________________
A revolution is coming and it will be televised.
Longtimefan is offline  
Old 01-04-2007, 07:29 PM   #51
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,849
Re: A Signing Already?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnseven View Post
[W]hen is the appropriate time for criticizing or applauding any personnel moves? 10 days after the season ending? A month?
Any time - as long as the criticism is relevant and rational to the move being criticized. Here, you guys are:

A) blasting a back-of-the-sports-section-blurb as if it is some major signing;

B) criticizing the signing w/o commenting on the relevant merits of the player signed and whether or not we are getting a decent value for the money/draft picks spent;

C) treating this signing as an example of front office incompentence when there is absolutely no evidence as to whether or not anyone else may/may not have been pursuing this guy (Hey, what if it turns out we stole him right out from the Patriots noses - would you still be blasting the FO, if this turns out to be a highly coveted player?).

D) (as I stated earlier) acting as if this is "The Big Signing" of the offseason and the one upon which the entire offseason is judged.

As for the references that I have made about time - In this case we know absolutely nothing about the guy except from some CFL blurb. This is an unknown (and likely to stay that way) who's signing is one tiny, miniscule offseason move that we, probably, won't know the true signifigance of until we are much further into the signing period.

It's not like we are talking about a blockbuster trade where the personnel and/ or value (i.e. draft picks) of the trade are well know.

In this case, you guys are simply criticizing to criticize "We did it so it must be dumb." There are plenty of "Our FO sucks" threads out there - go bump them.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline  
Old 01-04-2007, 07:42 PM   #52
Playmaker
 
Longtimefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Germantown, Md.
Posts: 4,832
Re: A Signing Already?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
Any time - as long as the criticism is relevant and rational to the move being criticized. Here, you guys are:

A) blasting a back-of-the-sports-section-blurb as if it is some major signing;

B) criticizing the signing w/o commenting on the relevant merits of the player signed and whether or not we are getting a decent value for the money/draft picks spent;

C) treating this signing as an example of front office incompentence when there is absolutely no evidence as to whether or not anyone else may/may not have been pursuing this guy (Hey, what if it turns out we stole him right out from the Patriots noses - would you still be blasting the FO, if this turns out to be a highly coveted player?).

D) (as I stated earlier) acting as if this is "The Big Signing" of the offseason and the one upon which the entire offseason is judged.

As for the references that I have made about time - In this case we know absolutely nothing about the guy except from some CFL blurb. This is an unknown (and likely to stay that way) who's signing is one tiny, miniscule offseason move that we, probably, won't know the true signifigance of until we are much further into the signing period.

It's not like we are talking about a blockbuster trade where the personnel and/ or value (i.e. draft picks) of the trade are well know.

In this case, you guys are simply criticizing to criticize "We did it so it must be dumb." There are plenty of "Our FO sucks" threads out there - go bump them.


Good analysis......I just didn't feel like typing that much.
__________________
A revolution is coming and it will be televised.
Longtimefan is offline  
Old 01-04-2007, 07:50 PM   #53
Pro Bowl
 
Beemnseven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Virginia Beach
Age: 40
Posts: 5,293
Re: A Signing Already?!

First of all, what you may have overlooked is that many of the comments were posted in jest -- nobody has a clue about this guy one way or the other. I certainly don't.

Judging by the content of these posts, there would be little doubt as to who was really overreacting.
Beemnseven is offline  
Old 01-04-2007, 08:31 PM   #54
Registered User
 
paulskinsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: West VA
Posts: 726
Re: A Signing Already?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
How about we at least let them get out of the gate this offseason before determining they aren't changing course. Sorry but this pickup didn't warrant some of the assanine responses.


GEEE, lets see, Gibbs is not asking for a GM, and players will be selected the same way, which is by an incompetent committee who considers draft picks to be irrelevant. Doesn't seem like anything is gonna change in the FO.
paulskinsfan is offline  
Old 01-04-2007, 08:38 PM   #55
Registered User
 
paulskinsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: West VA
Posts: 726
Re: A Signing Already?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAFKAS View Post
Why is this signing so awful yet you had no problem suggesting this? How is it so different?

TAFKAS, this is/was different because we completely totally 100% suck with mid round picks. OK, I shouldn't say 100%, I think Rock was a mid rounder, but 90%. We could've used a 6th rounder to pick that kid up, and he had huge potential. Show me where anyone says this Canadian kid has any NFL potential.
paulskinsfan is offline  
Old 01-04-2007, 08:43 PM   #56
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,849
Re: A Signing Already?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnseven View Post
First of all, what you may have overlooked is that many of the comments were posted in jest -- nobody has a clue about this guy one way or the other. I certainly don't.

Judging by the content of these posts, there would be little doubt as to who was really overreacting.
Ok, let's see:

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulskinsfan View Post
What a freakin joke. Another great pickup by the current front office/Gibbs talent evaluators. This is pathetic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
LOL! 8 sacks in two years, and remember all they do is throw in the CFL. Great work by our FO!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnseven View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrudLee View Post
Which, of course, means that this costs nothing. Complainers will now need a new "issue" to smack-talk Snyder and Gibbs 2.0 about.
There's plenty to choose from.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulskinsfan View Post
Gibbs and Company brought the microscope upon themselves. If he refuses to change course in how players are selected and scouted then Im gonna pile on every chance I get until they prove they deserve the benefit of the doubt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulskinsfan View Post
Im just waiting for them totally screw up the draft now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnseven View Post
Damn right. And Matty, when is the appropriate time for criticizing or applauding any personnel moves? 10 days after the season ending? A month?
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Sorry but why bring in a 240lb pass rusher? He can't even give Samuels and Jansen a good look on scout team.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulskinsfan View Post
GEEE, lets see, Gibbs is not asking for a GM, and players will be selected the way, which is by an incompetent committee who considers draft picks to be irrelevant. Doesn't seem like anything is gonna change in the FO.
I left out a ton that were critical 'cause they seemed "in jest."

If you're just joking great, but it seemed to me the tenor was another "blast the FO" and that it was created by appeared to be a marginal signing.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline  
Old 01-04-2007, 08:46 PM   #57
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,849
Re: A Signing Already?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulskinsfan View Post
TAFKAS, this is/was different because we completely totally 100% suck with mid round picks. OK, I shouldn't say 100%, I think Rock was a mid rounder, but 90%. We could've used a 6th rounder to pick that kid up, and he had huge potential. Show me where anyone says this Canadian kid has any NFL potential.
We don't f***ing know if he has any potential and he is likely to be getting some marginal contract. Show me something that demonstrates signing him is such a bad move that it requires the vitrolic responses it has elicited from you.

He doesn't even cost us a draft choice. Probably just two goats and a pipeline.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline  
Old 01-04-2007, 08:49 PM   #58
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,849
Re: A Signing Already?!

A four page thread on a CFL DE - it's gonna be a looooooonnngggg offseason.

Chris Wilson = The new and improved Question 3
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline  
Old 01-04-2007, 08:50 PM   #59
Registered User
 
paulskinsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: West VA
Posts: 726
Re: A Signing Already?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnseven View Post
Damn right.

And Matty, when is the appropriate time for criticizing or applauding any personnel moves?

10 days after the season ending? A month?

YOU WILL NEVER GET AN ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION!!!! People who still support the current FO structure will always support the structure. Its almost like some of them are on Snyder's payroll.
paulskinsfan is offline  
Old 01-04-2007, 08:53 PM   #60
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,849
Re: A Signing Already?!

Actually, he got the answer to his question five posts later. It had more than one complete thought in it so you probably just skipped over it.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline  
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.30201 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25