Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Board Management > Thread Hell


Vince Young overrated?

Thread Hell


 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2007, 11:39 PM   #121
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Vince Young overrated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigD View Post
As I was watching CBS and saw that the Titans were about to kick the winning FG, I was laughing and thinking to myself, Jsarno is going to have a field day if Collins wins this game for them. Who knows, maybe you are right after all.
LOL...I was practically salivating hoping Collins would win that game for them. HAHA.

Oh well, a lot of people can be told the sky is blue and they won't agree, it's just human nature to hate to change their own perceptions.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline  

Advertisements
Old 10-25-2007, 11:41 PM   #122
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Vince Young overrated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Kinda seems like what you're doing here. You jumped on here like this last game proved that the Titans are better off without VY or something.
You're right...I haven't been talking about this exact subject since last year or anything.

This last game is just more proof you choose to ignore.

If it walks like a duck...oh what's the point, you aren't capable of looking at this argument objectively.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline  
Old 10-25-2007, 11:44 PM   #123
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Vince Young overrated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnemo65 View Post
JSARNO, I think they should do a reality show where you become the GM of an NFL franchise. Seriously, I would pay anything to see that.
#1- Never said I'd make a better GM.
#2- if they did make a show I would sign up for it in a freakin minute.
#3- if it does happen and I do make it, I will charge you 1 million dollars because, and I quote you, "I would pay anything to see that".
#4- there are VERY FEW people in the world that knows football more than I do. I live it...all of it.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline  
Old 10-25-2007, 11:45 PM   #124
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,608
Re: Vince Young overrated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
You're right...I haven't been talking about this exact subject since last year or anything.

This last game is just more proof you choose to ignore.

If it walks like a duck...oh what's the point, you aren't capable of looking at this argument objectively.
You think they should start Collins the rest of the way?
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 10-25-2007, 11:53 PM   #125
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Vince Young overrated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
You think they should start Collins the rest of the way?
Honestly I think Collins is nothing special (said so in a previous post). I think if either of them are their permanent solutions they won't acheive much. I do think Collins earned the next start though regardless of Young's health. You can't argue with how the offense was the best ever in the Young era.
SO in short, I would say, he should start the next game no matter what, then I will reevaluate.

One thing that I have noticed no one has given credit to is Fisher and his staff. They are amazing, and should be given a world of credit. The most underrated coaching staff in the league IMO.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline  
Old 10-25-2007, 11:59 PM   #126
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,608
Re: Vince Young overrated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
Honestly I think Collins is nothing special (said so in a previous post). I think if either of them are their permanent solutions they won't acheive much. I do think Collins earned the next start though regardless of Young's health. You can't argue with how the offense was the best ever in the Young era.
SO in short, I would say, he should start the next game no matter what, then I will reevaluate.

One thing that I have noticed no one has given credit to is Fisher and his staff. They are amazing, and should be given a world of credit. The most underrated coaching staff in the league IMO.
Fisher is a great coach, no question about it.

As to Collins, should we ignore the fact that he was pretty dreadful at the beginning of last year? How much credit should we give the defense, and special teams for last week's win? Granted the defense folded like a tent in the 4th quarter but they did have some key takeaways. And do you factor in VY's abilities as a rusher, or just ignore those?
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 10-26-2007, 12:13 AM   #127
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Vince Young overrated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Fisher is a great coach, no question about it.

As to Collins, should we ignore the fact that he was pretty dreadful at the beginning of last year? How much credit should we give the defense, and special teams for last week's win? Granted the defense folded like a tent in the 4th quarter but they did have some key takeaways. And do you factor in VY's abilities as a rusher, or just ignore those?
The fact that Young can run means he gets consideration over Collins...if he couldn't run, then Young should never start another NFL game for anyone.

Just an interesting tid bit about his "dreadful" (which I do agree with FYI)season last year, he played in 3 games, and had 269 yards passing in week 3 which would have been a career high for Young. Also, do we ignore the fact that Collins has led a team to a super bowl? Or ignore the fact that he's thrown for 4000+ yards, and threw for 3000+ yards 6 consecutive seasons?

About credit to the defense...really? Last week was the only week they DIDN'T show up.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline  
Old 10-26-2007, 12:26 AM   #128
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,608
Re: Vince Young overrated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
The fact that Young can run means he gets consideration over Collins...if he couldn't run, then Young should never start another NFL game for anyone.

Just an interesting tid bit about his "dreadful" (which I do agree with FYI)season last year, he played in 3 games, and had 269 yards passing in week 3 which would have been a career high for Young. Also, do we ignore the fact that Collins has led a team to a super bowl? Or ignore the fact that he's thrown for 4000+ yards, and threw for 3000+ yards 6 consecutive seasons?

About credit to the defense...really? Last week was the only week they DIDN'T show up.
You seem to take a lot of stock in yards passing as a benchmark for success don't you?

Regardless, the defense as I pointed out did not play great (particularly the 4th) but didn't they have 6 takeaways? And at least 3 put them deep in Houston territory?
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 10-26-2007, 09:06 PM   #129
Franchise Player
 
Sheriff Gonna Getcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 8,317
Re: Vince Young overrated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
Oh well, a lot of people can be told the sky is blue and they won't agree, it's just human nature to hate to change their own perceptions.
Agreed, you simply don't know when to admit that you are wrong.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline  
Old 10-27-2007, 02:41 PM   #130
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Vince Young overrated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff Gonna Getcha View Post
Agreed, you simply don't know when to admit that you are wrong.
LOL. At least I make one hell of an argument.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline  
Old 10-27-2007, 02:43 PM   #131
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Vince Young overrated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
You seem to take a lot of stock in yards passing as a benchmark for success don't you?
I put a lot of stock into A LOT of stats. Such as what I have already mentioned, like his worst passer rating, his low yardage, his horrible td% etc. Also his average 11-9 record.

It seems some people including yourself put way too much stock on his scrambling ability.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline  
Old 10-28-2007, 03:24 PM   #132
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,608
Re: Vince Young overrated?

Here is a site that shows how awesome Vince Young is (couldn't resist)

Truthfully, Young is stinking it up today. They're still ahead though
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 10-28-2007, 03:57 PM   #133
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Vince Young overrated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Here is a site that shows how awesome Vince Young is (couldn't resist)

Truthfully, Young is stinking it up today. They're still ahead though
LOL.
Yeah, I wonder how some will spin this game.
The Titans beat the Raiders 13-9 but got no help from Young with his 42 yards passing on 6 of 14 attempts. Only 11 yards on 7 carries too.

Culpepper had 4 turnovers...bout time to throw Russell in there and let him learn.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline  
Old 10-28-2007, 04:11 PM   #134
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,625
Re: Vince Young overrated?

I saw a lot of the game and I can say VY got no help from his WRs. Drops all over the place.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 10-28-2007, 04:55 PM   #135
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Vince Young overrated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
I saw a lot of the game and I can say VY got no help from his WRs. Drops all over the place.
Is there a way to see how many official drops they had? I can't seem to find a place where they keep that stat.

How many drops do you think they had? (keep in mind, just because the ball hits a hand doesn't mean it's a drop, a drop is something that is easily catchable, but not caught.)
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline  
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.66672 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25