Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New Redskin Coach Jennifer King (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64575)

CRedskinsRule 02-10-2020 10:23 AM

Re: New Redskin Coach Jennifer King

[quote=httr198020;1244404]She's not qualified. She's never played in the NFL.[/quote]

She did play in the Women's Football Alliance. Since no women likely ever will play in the NFL (maybe a kicker?) saying not playing in the NFL= not qualified seems overly simplified and highly restrictive

Buffalo Bob 02-10-2020 10:49 AM

[quote=httr198020;1244404]She's not qualified. She's never played in the NFL.[/quote]

There are some football coaches that never played the game at any level. Probably a few in the NFL.

Buffalo Bob 02-10-2020 10:52 AM

[quote=CRedskinsRule;1244409]She did play in the Women's Football Alliance. Since no women likely ever will play in the NFL (maybe a kicker?) saying not playing in the NFL= not qualified seems overly simplified and highly restrictive[/quote]

I have never even heard of the WFA. The only women's football I recall was that dumb lingerie league from years ago. I think you would need to be some off the wall pervert to enjoy half dressed women crashing into each other.

CRedskinsRule 02-10-2020 10:57 AM

[QUOTE=Buffalo Bob;1244415]I have never even heard of the WFA. The only women's football I recall was that dumb lingerie league from years ago. I think you would need to be some off the wall pervert to enjoy half dressed women crashing into each other.[/QUOTE]I hadnt either, but my point was more that no woman has played in the NFL. Using that as a bar to getting an assistant coaching job would seem patently unfair, particularly if the person in question had played at some level other than street ball.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

MTK 02-10-2020 11:11 AM

Plenty of successful coaches and GMs never played in the NFL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SunnySide 02-10-2020 11:24 AM

If they are going to let girls coach in the mens NFL .. then logically they better start letting guys work at Hooters. Damnit.

^^ thats my position and aint nothing yall gonna say is gonna make me change my damn mind. I had it with this PC crap being pushed down my throat! Where the hell is my bannana hut?

Chief X_Phackter 02-10-2020 11:25 AM

I don't get why there is so much pessimism with this move. It's not like she's taking over the offense, or now solely charged with the development of Haskins. You have to start somewhere, and not having any NFL playing experience is definitely not a disqualification. Pretty sure Belichick, Gibbs, maybe even Parcells, amongst many others never played a down in the NFL. There are so many coaches, past and present that if held to that bar would have never gotten the opportunity. I'm not saying that she will someday be on their level, but if she can teach what RR wants taught, and he trusts her, why the hell not. Can't be any worse at teaching than whoever in the hell was here last year. Give her a chance...

Schneed10 02-10-2020 11:26 AM

[quote=MTK;1244419]Plenty of successful coaches and GMs never played in the NFL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

Including the greatest coach ever, Bill Belichick.

Schneed10 02-10-2020 11:27 AM

We have more dipshits on this board than I thought.

SunnySide 02-10-2020 11:29 AM

[quote=Chief X_Phackter;1244421]I don't get why there is so much pessimism with this move. It's not like she's taking over the offense, or now solely charged with the development of Haskins. You have to start somewhere, and not having any NFL playing experience is definitely not a disqualification. Pretty sure Belichick, Gibbs, maybe even Parcells, amongst many others never played a down in the NFL. There are so many coaches, past and present that if held to that bar would have never gotten the opportunity. I'm not saying that she will someday be on their level, but if she can teach what RR wants taught, and he trusts her, why the hell not. Can't be any worse at teaching than whoever in the hell was here last year. Give her a chance...[/quote]

Youre missing the point. This is PC bull crap of just giving her a job she didnt earn. We all know there is no way this woman is the most qualified person for the position because of the simple fact that she is in fact a woman. Period.

Also, its being rumored that she, in fact, has never played a single snap in the NFL.

Schneed10 02-10-2020 11:30 AM

I just love these people that are fans of Ron Rivera only to turn around the second he hires a female coach, all of a sudden they are the experts on who is qualified to be a coach.

Schneed10 02-10-2020 11:31 AM

[quote=SunnySide;1244424]Youre missing the point. This is PC bull crap of just giving her a job she didnt earn. We all know there is no way this woman is the most qualified person for the position because of the simple fact that she is in fact a woman. Period.

Also, its being rumored that she, in fact, has never played a single snap in the NFL.[/quote]

:laughing2

Idiot

SFREDSKIN 02-10-2020 11:51 AM

For those who ask what has JK done? Here you go:

Rashad Ross on Jennifer King: “When things weren't going right, she was good at keeping my head in the game and understanding it."

[url]https://twitter.com/john_keim/status/1226480032874422275?s=21[/url]

sdskinsfan2001 02-10-2020 12:03 PM

This whole thread is turning into 💩💩💩

Whether I think she is the best candidate is irrelevant. I think Rivera is going to be a damn good coach for us so I'll put my trust in his decision making on his assistant coaches.

C'mon draft season, we need you here badly!!

EARTHQUAKE2689 02-10-2020 12:12 PM

[quote=Schneed10;1244423]We have more dipshits on this board than I thought.[/quote]

Soooooo many more.