Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Post Draft Free agency targets (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64833)

KI Skins Fan 05-05-2021 09:12 AM

Re: Post Draft Free agency targets

[quote=AnonEmouse;1283072]Boston, Kurl, Reaves, Everett and Forrest would do me fine. [/quote]

I got a peaceful, easy feeling while I was reading the names of the players you proposed for our safety room as I was listening to The Eagles. And I know they won't let me down.

KI Skins Fan 05-05-2021 09:21 AM

[quote=GridIron26;1283234]Normally I would agree with you as I don't usually want us to go after those players with history of injuries. Although for this year, I'm kinda nervous because we will play against multiple good/great QBs. Hooker is talented, along with our current defense players' talents, Hooker's talents can help bring our defense to top 3, if not #1. Boston's talents isn't close to Hooker's but the injury factor is big.. I wouldn't oppose to the idea of WFT bringing him in if they like him.[/quote]

It seems like we get hosed every time we sign a player with a long injury history.

FrenchSkin 05-05-2021 09:30 AM

Main need for me right now is signing another LB. Holcomb and Davis need a 3rd one next to them, Bostic was highly disappointing last year.
KJ Wright as Olb has my preference, 1yr deal, we can afford it.

Chico23231 05-05-2021 01:01 PM

Gotta find a spot for Tom Wilson on this team

BaltimoreSkins 05-05-2021 01:49 PM

[quote=Chico23231;1283265]Gotta find a spot for Tom Wilson on this team[/quote]

This

Chief X_Phackter 05-05-2021 04:27 PM

Did they draft Toney to be a LB?

mooby 05-05-2021 04:40 PM

I would like to go Scalper-style and expand on this but I'll save it for the appropriate forum.

GridIron26 05-05-2021 04:40 PM

[quote=Chief X_Phackter;1283273]Did they draft Toney to be a LB?[/quote]

No I think they drafted Toney to be a situational pass rusher, or at least for this year. Read this [URL="https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/football-team/washington-isnt-completely-closing-door-ryan-kerrigan-reunion-after-draft"]article[/URL] - it will tell you Rivera and WFT's plans for Toney and Bradley-King.

Defensewins 05-05-2021 09:38 PM

26 year old Kwon Alexander is "making incredible progress" per Dr. Reef.
If we could get him for cheap and let him be a backup until he finishes his rehab. He was a very athletic LB.

[URL="https://www.si.com/nfl/saints/news/kwon-alexander-making-progress"]https://www.si.com/nfl/saints/news/kwon-alexander-making-progress[/URL]

[URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0C6N4GVJHS0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0C6N4GVJHS0[/URL]

FrenchSkin 05-06-2021 05:41 AM

[QUOTE=Defensewins;1283289]26 year old Kwon Alexander is "making incredible progress" per Dr. Reef.

If we could get him for cheap and let him be a backup until he finishes his rehab. He was a very athletic LB.

[URL]https://www.si.com/nfl/saints/news/kwon-alexander-making-progress[/URL]

[URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0C6N4GVJHS0[/URL][/QUOTE]Yeah sign long term on an incentive based deal, if he's 100% next year that's a great signing !
If you want short term security KJ Wright may be the way to go, but long term Kwon is great asset of healthy.

Envoyé de mon SHV48 en utilisant Tapatalk

EdmundDorf 05-06-2021 05:55 AM

If you saw the interview with JDR recently he has stated that they will be starting Jamin Davis at OLB, I suppose because they need to work him in rather than have him calling the defense from the MLB spot as a rookie. So this goes back to J.Bostic starting at MLB until Davis gets up to speed on the defense. SO the need has switched back from WLB to MLB

EdmundDorf 05-06-2021 05:56 AM

[quote=Chief X_Phackter;1283273]Did they draft Toney to be a LB?[/quote]

JDR stated that they will be cross training him at LB

AnonEmouse 05-06-2021 05:59 AM

I think they'll err on the side of caution (plus he's more likely to re-sign with NO if that's on offer). We've been so burned with injuries like Love, Foster, Galette, Guice (not to mention his behaviour!) etc. lately, I just can't see them taking a flier on another that may not work out. Achilles aren't the career killers they used to be, but he's played no more than 1/2 a season the last 4 years, so it's not just the latest injury.

njant 05-06-2021 08:25 AM

I would love to sign Kwon Alexander big time athletic linebacker

AnonEmouse 05-06-2021 09:31 AM

[quote=EdmundDorf;1283293]If you saw the interview with JDR recently he has stated that they will be starting Jamin Davis at OLB, I suppose because they need to work him in rather than have him calling the defense from the MLB spot as a rookie. So this goes back to J.Bostic starting at MLB until Davis gets up to speed on the defense. SO the need has switched back from WLB to MLB[/quote]

Makes sense. I'm wondering what the depth will look like going into camp; will Davis be #2 MLB and #1 WLB or stay at WLB until ready for a full move to MLB?

Haven't seen anything on Foster; not on the roster list but can't find anything saying he's been let go? Not that I hold out much hope of him playing again, but curious.

CRedskinsRule 05-06-2021 09:46 AM

[QUOTE=AnonEmouse;1283303]Makes sense. I'm wondering what the depth will look like going into camp; will Davis be #2 MLB and #1 WLB or stay at WLB until ready for a full move to MLB?

Haven't seen anything on Foster; not on the roster list but can't find anything saying he's been let go? Not that I hold out much hope of him playing again, but curious.[/QUOTE]Foster's contract expired so he is an unrestricted FA

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Chico23231 05-06-2021 09:49 AM

My guess:

Base

Wil-Davis Mike-Bostic Sam-Holcomb

In Nickel…my assumption is Davis will stay on and Bostic will come off. Which is kinda opposite what usually happens in WIl versus MLB responsibilities in nickel. But Bostic seems to be the liability in coverage

Should be interesting. I think Holcomb is a Solid Sam lb in JDR defense

EdmundDorf 05-06-2021 09:55 AM

I was wondering about this also, I would guess it depends on if or how much they trust Holcomb to call the defensive alignment, if not then Bostic has to stay on the field. Given the amount of nickel they play it could influence how they get Holcomb and Davis on the field

Monkeydad 05-06-2021 09:55 AM

Last night...

[YT]BQTfHDJIuZA[/YT]

Chico23231 05-06-2021 10:02 AM

[quote=Monkeydad;1283307]Last night...

[YT]BQTfHDJIuZA[/YT][/quote]

Oh yeah…watched the entire game. Wilson is a beast, just don’t want him suspended for playoffs.

Rangers are light weight, outside of Wilson…none of the Caps big guys really threw last night. It woulda been an ass kicking if Caps wanted to push the issue

BaltimoreSkins 05-06-2021 10:16 AM

None of the Rangers wanted part of 44 year old Chara last night. Bunch a millennials afraid of the old man. Loved it.

MTK 05-06-2021 10:28 AM

[quote=BaltimoreSkins;1283313]None of the Rangers wanted part of 44 year old Chara last night. Bunch a millennials afraid of the old man. Loved it.[/quote]

6'9" 250? Yeah no thanks I wouldn't care if he was 80. Dude is a beast.

skinsfan69 05-06-2021 10:39 AM

We are more than fine at RB. Very few teams if any have a back that rarely comes of the field. McCaffery is one and now he is battling injuries. I feel like with backs the way the league is, you need to have multiple guys and they all need to be able to catch. That is why I was so against AP ( not to mention his treatment of one of his 20 kids) at this point in his career. He made the offense predictable and was 3 yards and a cloud of dust.

skinsfan69 05-06-2021 10:43 AM

[quote=BaltimoreSkins;1283313]None of the Rangers wanted part of 44 year old Chara last night. Bunch a millennials afraid of the old man. Loved it.[/quote]

Nope. The Rangers are so soft.

mooby 05-06-2021 11:05 AM

[quote=skinsfan69;1283319]Nope. The Rangers are so soft.[/quote]

Loved how he was looking for a dance partner at the beginning and the rags were like "hard pass buddy, no thanks."

sdskinsfan2001 05-06-2021 11:08 AM

Didn't know every thread was for hockey now.

BaltimoreSkins 05-06-2021 12:26 PM

SD, I promise to keep hockey talk to only the threads you read and post

Pervis_Griffith 05-06-2021 01:02 PM

The story on Oshie's Dad is sticking with me. I knew he was declining, but man ...

To be diagnosed at age 47 with Alzheimers, and to go at age 56 .. that's brutal.

sdskinsfan2001 05-06-2021 01:06 PM

[quote=BaltimoreSkins;1283333]SD, I promise to keep hockey talk to only the threads you read and post[/quote]

Lol, thanks broseph.

GridIron26 05-07-2021 07:45 AM

FS Bobby McCain and LT Charles Leno will visit WFT - I don't know much about both but it's good thing that we are looking to add more players for competition at both positions.

punch it in 05-07-2021 08:05 AM

[QUOTE=GridIron26;1283381]FS Bobby McCain and LT Charles Leno will visit WFT - I don't know much about both but it's good thing that we are looking to add more players for competition at both positions.[/QUOTE]

Both grade out as starters in the league, and could wind up starting for us. Leno would definitely bring experience to a very important position. If they are cheap one year signings im all for it.

Chico23231 05-07-2021 08:22 AM

[quote=GridIron26;1283381]FS Bobby McCain and LT Charles Leno will visit WFT - I don't know much about both but it's good thing that we are looking to add more players for competition at both positions.[/quote]

I’d still take Tre Boston over McCain.

I don’t know much about either, but Leno is a really solid player grade-wise according to PFF. Him and Lucas seem similar. Not opposed to getting better on the Oline.

njant 05-07-2021 09:03 AM

McCain is very versatile, played CB,SS and FS, is considered a FPS now definitely a high end stater and our front office guy stokes liked him a lot when he was working in Miami he could be our starting fs for the next few years,Leno probably would start at one of the tackles spots if signed

BaltimoreSkins 05-07-2021 09:18 AM

[quote=Chico23231;1283384]I’d still take Tre Boston over McCain.

I don’t know much about either, but Leno is a really solid player grade-wise according to PFF. Him and Lucas seem similar. Not opposed to getting better on the Oline.[/quote]

Even if they are depth moves we have the cap space it makes us better when injuries occur it is just smart. As they say in theater "use the space"

AnonEmouse 05-07-2021 12:16 PM

I can't help wondering if regardless about what's been said regards his return, whether they are looking at direct competition for Collins. Yes we should consider a FS veteran starter as Reaves is an unknown across a whole season, and we already have Curl (who in my opinion SHOULD be starting), but they could justify cutting Collins loose (or even trading him if there's someone dumb enough) if they could improve the starter at SS immediately. Then it's a matter of keep the vet again next year or promote Curl if he's earned it.

skinsnut 05-08-2021 08:15 AM

dude, curl will start. he earned it

punch it in 05-08-2021 08:32 AM

Curl is FS and absolutely starting. Collins is a SS. Everett and Reaves are SS too. We also just drafted Forrest who is a FS. I think Everett and Reaves are capable for this year if Collins shits the bed.

Defensewins 05-08-2021 08:43 AM

L. Collins did start to look better under JDR’s system. But I am not sure he is still not a liability in the coverage part of the game. Plus his injury could have hurt his game more. Coach JDR did say Collins is slimming down, but for him to say that implies it will help his game and that his game needs that help.
Not what I want to hear for a guy counting $16.98M against the cap next season.
According to NBC sports we could save $7.7m by cutting him post 6/1. If true I would cut him and use that money to sign one of our vets to a long term deal.

skinsnut 05-08-2021 10:37 AM

Curl played strong safety, I dont know many free safeties that have logged sacks. He was Collins replacement when injured. Our gap in talent is Free Safety. Hence Boston would be a FS fit, ideally to replace Apke. Collins is a talent we need on the field somehow, but not at the expense of Curl. Of course they are looking at other FS options including converting CBs to FS. We will see. I guarantee Apke will not be starting FS.

EdmundDorf 05-08-2021 10:37 AM

[quote=punch it in;1283456]Curl is FS and absolutely starting. Collins is a SS. Everett and Reaves are SS too. We also just drafted Forrest who is a FS. I think Everett and Reaves are capable for this year if Collins shits the bed.[/quote]

You have that totally arse about face

FS Everett Reeves
SS Curl Collins

Forrest is a question mark. Had issues in coverage though is fast