Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New Redskin Coach Jennifer King (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64575)

MTK 02-10-2020 06:51 PM

Re: New Redskin Coach Jennifer King

[QUOTE=httr198020;1244474]What does having a small dick or mother issues have to do with this woman not being qualified? Damn you dudes even talk like females.[/QUOTE]

So it’s both, I figured

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CRedskinsRule 02-10-2020 06:54 PM

[quote=httr198020;1244472]She's not qualified at all.[/quote]

It turns out we aren't even talking about an assistant coach position, but a full time intern. I think you need to re-evaluate the bar you are setting. She will be working with the RB coach, who is eminently qualified. Not sure how you can still be against the hire. Just doesn't make sense.

SkinzWin 02-10-2020 09:24 PM

[quote=CRedskinsRule;1244476]It turns out we aren't even talking about an assistant coach position, but a full time intern. I think you need to re-evaluate the bar you are setting. She will be working with the RB coach, who is eminently qualified. Not sure how you can still be against the hire. Just doesn't make sense.[/quote]

Let’s face it folks. We live in a day and time where people like httr198020 and SunnySide like to be pot stirrers just because they can. Because social media gives them the platform to do so, and most likely because they don’t have a positive influence in any other aspect of their life, this is how they deal with it.

I’ve always said this to my staff when faced with pot stirrers and other abhorrently disrespectful people, “you can’t rationalize with irrational people”. It’s a shame that as a collective culture people can’t be happy and supportive for the successes of others, instead of being narrow minded jackwagons. I think the thing to take away from this as I continue to read this absurdity, is to just ignore this type of behavior and continue to discuss the positive about the situation.

calia 02-11-2020 12:12 AM

[QUOTE=MTK;1244475]So it’s both, I figured

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Well played, Matty - notably, he kind of admitted to both. Sadly, I recall other asinine drivel from this guy. Seems a theme.

Schneed10 02-11-2020 08:11 AM

HTTR198020 has to be a Russian bot. That’s how nonsensical this is.

Of all the things to get up in arms about, an intern. Honestly that’s what pushes your buttons? Something’s not right with this dude.

MTK 02-11-2020 08:18 AM

An assistant to an assistant coach, a position she previously held in Carolina, yet she’s not qualified? Yeah makes zero sense. The only thing left to conclude is sexism and maybe even racism.

Chief X_Phackter 02-11-2020 10:16 AM

[quote=MTK;1244514]An assistant to an assistant coach, a position she previously held in Carolina, yet she’s not qualified? Yeah makes zero sense. The only thing left to conclude is sexism and maybe even racism.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

Or just plain stupidism...Actually he's probably overqualified for all three isms.

Warthog 02-11-2020 10:51 AM

New Redskin Coach Jennifer King

I can’t believe I just read someone dis or want to get rid of Rivera over the hire of an intern or assistant to the assistant.

She either does well and grows to become an asset or she will be fired. Then some troll will then say they like Rivera again.

We just went through 20 years of terrible GM decisions by nimrod lackey’s of Dan Snyders. Cerrato and Bruce Allen had minimal football knowledge, common sense nor could they lead or inspire others on the team. They were not respected or trusted by agents or players. They made HUGE decisions for the franchise, mostly that were dead wrong, illogical, with little strategic planning. Bruce Allen was happy with a 7-9 season because we were “almost there”.

FINALLY, they are gone. Dan Snyder is out of the micro-management of the team. We have a HC who has been coach-of-the-year twice. We have a DC who has put together elite defenses. Our OC is ready to run a modern passing and imaginative offense. We may get the best player in the draft.

And ppl are worried about the hiring of an intern to an assistant? Really? Get a grip!
Embrace the new regime and our bright future. If she gets promoted ABOVE the intern level to something of real importance on team’s staff, then we can have a logical discussion. I’m done with this ridiculous topic! I’d rather talk about taking Andrew Thomas or Isaiah Simmons if we trade Chase Young.

Buffalo Bob 02-11-2020 10:58 AM

With her title what will her typical job duties be? I am curious, do pro football teams still grade their own film or do they trust a grading service? If they do their own grading I could imagine that job would be handed down to the coaches that are the lowest on the totem pole as it must be a tedious and boring job.

SunnySide 02-11-2020 12:46 PM

I hope everyone knows I was joking in a cheeky manner on this thread. When I saw tranny and sexist stuff being floated out on page 1 ... I figured no one would get mad if I derailed things.

CRedskinsRule 02-11-2020 01:08 PM

[QUOTE=SunnySide;1244540]I hope everyone knows I was joking in a cheeky manner on this thread. When I saw tranny and sexist stuff being floated out on page 1 ... I figured no one would get mad if I derailed things.[/QUOTE]That is what I figured.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

FrenchSkin 02-11-2020 03:44 PM

[quote=SunnySide;1244540]I hope everyone knows I was joking in a cheeky manner on this thread. When I saw tranny and sexist stuff being floated out on page 1 ... I figured no one would get mad if I derailed things.[/quote]

Honestly, at first I was 100% sure you were joking, but then httr198020's posts were so dumb it made your's credible...

Buffalo Bob 02-12-2020 08:44 AM

[quote=SunnySide;1244540]I hope everyone knows I was joking in a cheeky manner on this thread. When I saw tranny and sexist stuff being floated out on page 1 ... I figured no one would get mad if I derailed things.[/quote]

Maybe it is just me, but it often seems difficult to detect sarcasm and if someone is joking from printed word.

GridIron26 02-12-2020 09:03 AM

[quote=Buffalo Bob;1244587]Maybe it is just me, but it often seems difficult to detect sarcasm and if someone is joking from printed word.[/quote]

It's not just you, it's difficult for me sometimes. When I'm not sure of what individuals are trying to say, I usually do not respond to those posts except to ask for clarification. Except for the one post where I unintentionally unload my frustration toward Mooby when he was being sarcastic :embarrass

SunnySide 02-12-2020 09:36 AM

Saw her interview on Redskins Nation yesterday, she sounded good, definitely knows what she is doing.

Back2RFK 02-14-2020 10:25 AM

If she makes a good sandwich who cares if she knows football.

Burgold 02-18-2020 10:54 AM

call me an old fogey[I am,hehe]and old fashioned on some things,and sports being one,hell I've followed and played sports all my life and I don't want a female coach in ANY FORM,with all the ex-players who could coach running backs we get a girl...ok-what is she gonna teach-A.D.?????

SunnySide 02-18-2020 11:21 AM

[quote=Burgold;1244872]call me an old fogey[I am,hehe]and old fashioned on some things,and sports being one,hell I've followed and played sports all my life and I don't want a female coach in ANY FORM,with all the ex-players who could coach running backs we get a girl...ok-what is she gonna teach-A.D.?????[/quote]

Shes an intern. I imagine she will do things like help run drills .. hold tackling dummies up and push them left or right as the drill requires, throw them the ball, help place cones or whatever around ... maybe even work her way up to holding the stop watch.

You need live bodies for drills. Half the time you had Gurden or Fat Rob or Callahan in there acting a blockers or decoys or people to play the defender etc.

[IMG]https://media.washtimes.com/media/image/2019/07/26/Redskins_Football_52444.jpg-ee0a6.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]https://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com/richmond.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/7/05/705c4420-c98c-5547-b679-35ef69f09018/5b5e41179f2bd.image.jpg?crop=1307%2C1307%2C139%2C0&resize=1307%2C1307&order=crop%2Cresize[/IMG]

[IMG]https://i0.wp.com/www.sportsgossip.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/Screenshot_20190905-150219-1.jpg?resize=1066%2C640&ssl=1[/IMG]

[IMG]https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/Ew3Li3jovC2KN6pwjNLb-w4eCRI=/0x0:2057x3086/1200x800/filters:focal(938x319:1266x647)/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/66286487/1138011502.jpg.0.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]https://static.clubs.nfl.com/image/private/t_editorial_landscape_8_desktop_mobile/f_auto/redskins/yes2q2wwqriuas4rshuh.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]https://sportshub.cbsistatic.com/i/r/2019/02/15/9322527a-0bdb-48a0-ac2e-3e4cba45a588/thumbnail/1200x675/24f33919e5e925815423095927266d62/coachaaf.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]https://femalecoachingnetwork.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/IMG_0030.jpg[/IMG]

You need live bodies to run practice and drills.

I think she can do that, I think she knows what she is doing.

Schneed10 02-18-2020 11:39 AM

[quote=Burgold;1244872]call me an old fogey[I am,hehe]and old fashioned on some things,and sports being one,hell I've followed and played sports all my life and I don't want a female coach in ANY FORM,with all the ex-players who could coach running backs we get a girl...ok-what is she gonna teach-A.D.?????[/quote]

This is why we need old fogeys to go ahead and die off.

Chico23231 02-18-2020 12:26 PM

I think that just speaks to her potential when she is outshines other candidates based on merit. RR doesn’t strike me as a type of guy who is gonna waste time with some pc bullshit hire. Also if anyone on team has a problem, that speaks more to their character. I think this is a non story.

mooby 02-19-2020 09:40 PM

[quote=Chico23231;1244877]I think that just speaks to her potential when she is outshines other candidates based on merit. RR doesn’t strike me as a type of guy who is gonna waste time with some pc bullshit hire. Also if anyone on team has a problem, that speaks more to their character. I think this is a non story.[/quote]

I think nobody has a problem with this, aside from a select few who are still rooted in that decades-old way of thinking about a woman's place in the kitchen/bedroom.

+1 I agree RR doesn't seem the type to do this for disingenuous reasons.

Warthog 02-20-2020 03:17 PM

[QUOTE=Schneed10;1244876]This is why we need old fogeys to go ahead and die off.[/QUOTE]

Dude, come on. He's just stated his opinion, which I happen to absolutely DISAGREE with. Old people will die, but only in our culture that worships the young and new, are the old person’s opinions so often disregarded. If one lives long enough, you’ll will spend much more time living as an “old person”, versus being a “young person”.

I definitely disagree with his opinion, as I believe that Rivera will only pick coaches, assistant coaches and interns based on their POTENTIAL, regardless of sex or anything else. If she doesn’t cut it, she will disappear quietly, because an intern is the lowest and least significant member of the coaching staff.

Burgold 02-21-2020 12:10 PM

[quote=Schneed10;1244876]This is why we need old fogeys to go ahead and die off.[/quote]haaaaaaaaaaaa...I AIN'T DEAD YET,and yeah I'm gonna say it-PRO FOOTBALL IS A MAN'S GAME TO BE PLAY BY AND COACHED BY MEN...YEAH I SAID IT!!!

MTK 02-21-2020 01:07 PM

[QUOTE=Burgold;1245099]haaaaaaaaaaaa...I AIN'T DEAD YET,and yeah I'm gonna say it-PRO FOOTBALL IS A MAN'S GAME TO BE PLAY BY AND COACHED BY MEN...YEAH I SAID IT!!![/QUOTE]

You’re a moron

Yeah I said it

Burgold 02-21-2020 05:01 PM

[quote=MTK;1245110]You’re a moron

Yeah I said it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]If folks stop[buttkisssing]and say what they really feel,but not in today's world..oh and by the way-I don't think that men should coach in the[WNBA]women have wanted a league of their own for a long time,so let them coach it,but opps there I go being a [moron??]again!!

BaltimoreSkins 02-21-2020 05:20 PM

[quote=MTK;1244381]As long as it’s not a tranny we’re good[/quote]

Don’t knock tranny cuisine it can be delicious and occasionally confusing

httr198020 02-22-2020 04:34 PM

[quote=Schneed10;1244511]HTTR198020 has to be a Russian bot. That’s how nonsensical this is.

Of all the things to get up in arms about, an intern. Honestly that’s what pushes your buttons? Something’s not right with this dude.[/quote]
First of all, I'm not up in arms about anything. I'm expressing my opinion. You girls are the ones with your panties all in bunch.

MTK 03-08-2020 02:08 PM

[URL="https://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/28862487"]Jennifer King: A pioneer for female coaches in the NFL[/URL]

MTK 01-22-2021 08:33 AM

[URL="https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30756374/washington-jennifer-king-makes-history-again-first-black-woman-full-nfl-coach"]Source: Washington's Jennifer King to make history again as first Black woman to be full-time NFL coach[/URL]

Monkeydad 01-22-2021 08:45 AM

[quote=Chico23231;1244407]I really think this is a big non-issue. She will be fired like everyone else if they don't succeed, so regardless I'm gonna support that mission.

It would be totally different if it was a prominent role...its not, but the criticism would only be valid because of inexperience.[/quote]

I agree. I don't care what's in the coach's pants as long as they can do the job.

The resume doesn't look impressive with Alliance Football on it, but Coach Ron has worked with her before, so he must trust her to get a job done. We still don't even know what role she's filling yet.

Monkeydad 01-22-2021 08:46 AM

[quote=SFREDSKIN;1244342]NFL already has female officials and now coaches. When will the 1st tranny player show up?[/quote]

Already happened. Coach Ron is quite the pioneer.

[img]https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F9LM2dzp.jpg&f=1&nofb=1[/img]

AnonEmouse 01-22-2021 11:07 AM

Always thought he wore #1 to represent one of a kind :)

mooby 01-22-2021 06:27 PM

I look forward to the day when female football coaches and refs being promoted isn't a historic occasion, and just another press release article honoring somebody who deserved a promotion.