Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   F...Snow (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=61201)

CRedskinsRule 03-04-2015 02:25 PM

F...Snow

I know it's great for the kids, but when you are constantly scheduling and rescheduling it does nothing but cause headaches. Guys cancelling around it, having to plan full days for guys when you know they are going to call out at the first flake. I have a headache, and it isn't even funny.

It could have been expanded to F...Winter, because I am more than ready for this winter to be over, but the snow and the pattern of it, just enough to maybe be an issue maybe not, is killing me.

MTK 03-04-2015 06:27 PM

Re: F...Snow

Boston would agree.

mooby 03-04-2015 07:05 PM

I agree, and we haven't even gotten that much snow this year in the dmv. I'm definitely looking forward to spring.

JoeRedskin 03-04-2015 09:00 PM

Done. Just done.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Hog1 03-04-2015 11:26 PM

No Comment......

SirLK26 03-05-2015 12:56 AM

^I was just wondering if I would be an ass to mention that it was 76 and sunny here today. :D

CRedskinsRule 03-05-2015 08:08 AM

Yes that would qualify as being an ass.

MTK 03-05-2015 10:35 AM

I'm tired of the cold more than the snow. Yesterday it was 36 and that's the warmest it's been in six weeks. Our Feb was one of the coldest on record.

ArtMonkDrillz 03-05-2015 11:37 AM

Damn snow has ended up costing me a few hundred dollars because a few of the wrestling tournaments that I was scheduled to referee had to be cancelled. So damn annoying.

It really needs to be spring!!!

mredskins 03-05-2015 06:08 PM

Driveway shoveled, snow stopped, general tso dinner, and a beer. Feels good.

JoeRedskin 03-05-2015 06:58 PM

[quote=Mattyk;1108354]I'm tired of the cold more than the snow. Yesterday it was 36 and that's the warmest it's been in six weeks. Our Feb was one of the coldest on record.[/quote]

Yup. This whole 20-30 degree weather just has to go.

One of the biggest inconveniences is that the old snow and ice just won't go away. On commuter streets (not the main drags but not side streets), it just freezes and driving is terrible b/c all the streets that are normally two lanes become one lane because the other is filled with unmelted snow and ice. All it takes is one putz/asshole and no one goes anywhere. My commute home takes three times as long just b/c the average speed is ~20 mph down a (now) one lane street.

I just want it to f'ing melt and go away.

March had better damn well go [I]out[/I] like a f'ing lamb.

MTK 03-05-2015 07:41 PM

[quote=JoeRedskin;1108388]Yup. This whole 20-30 degree weather just has to go.

One of the biggest inconveniences is that the old snow and ice just won't go away. On commuter streets (not the main drags but not side streets), it just freezes and driving is terrible b/c all the streets that are normally two lanes become one lane because the other is filled with unmelted snow and ice. All it takes is one putz/asshole and no one goes anywhere. My commute home takes three times as long just b/c the average speed is ~20 mph down a (now) one lane street.

I just want it to f'ing melt and go away.

March had better damn well go [I]out[/I] like a f'ing lamb.[/quote]

lol 20-30 would be nice

[URL="http://www.timesunion.com/tuplus-local/article/The-February-from-hell-6108063.php"]Our average daily temp for Feb was 12 degrees[/URL]

punch it in 03-05-2015 08:07 PM

Yeah 30 is pretty much a beach day. As I get older it becomes very apparent why senior citizens all move to Florida. Im so on that bandwagon.

Ruhskins 03-06-2015 02:14 PM

I'm done with snow. Luckily in MD it seems that this was the last of it (crossing fingers/knock on wood). I'm convinced that my 1-year old is sick of having to stay home when her daycare closes.

JoeRedskin 03-06-2015 11:32 PM

[quote=Mattyk;1108393]lol 20-30 would be nice

[URL="http://www.timesunion.com/tuplus-local/article/The-February-from-hell-6108063.php"]Our average daily temp for Feb was 12 degrees[/URL][/quote]

Just goes to prove - Someone always has it worse. We have friends/family in Minnesota who were pretty much "Yeah? So?"

Baltimore's historical daily average daily temp in Feb. is 38. This year it was 26. I think it's fair to say it was abnormally cold all along the north eastern seaboard this past Feb.

Regardless. I am still done. We are actually supposed to have a couple days this coming week where it may hit 50. Gonna feel like the middle of summer.