Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Haskins released (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64779)

skinsfaninok 12-28-2020 12:44 PM

Haskins released

Per Rap sheet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skinsfaninok 12-28-2020 12:45 PM

Re: Haskins released

Washington has released QB Dwayne Haskins, per me and @TomPelissero.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SFREDSKIN 12-28-2020 12:45 PM

No surprise, it’s about time. He can go to all the stripper clubs now.

sdskinsfan2001 12-28-2020 12:46 PM

Oh damn. He gon'. Lol Snyder you suck.

Chico23231 12-28-2020 12:51 PM

Fuck this lazy, trifling piece of shit

skinsfaninok 12-28-2020 12:52 PM

Glad that chapter is over. What a waste of #15 pick. O well , on to Philly and the Wild card round I hope

CRedskinsRule 12-28-2020 12:53 PM

Distractions need not apply

Thank God

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Chief X_Phackter 12-28-2020 12:54 PM

Dayuum!

Honestly, this probably would have happened last week if there was no division title to be won, or if they knew Heinicke offered the same if not more ability to get a W.

Wish I was there on the call when Rivera told Danny of this decision.

AnonEmouse 12-28-2020 12:54 PM

Good riddance. Guess it means that Alex is likely fit enough for the Eagles game.

Chief X_Phackter 12-28-2020 12:56 PM

Guess I'll have to choose someone else for my keeper league...

skinsfaninok 12-28-2020 12:59 PM

Haskins 48.4 Passing grade was the lowest in the NFL this season

skinsfaninok 12-28-2020 01:00 PM

Scott Van Pelt just broke down the overall Haskins scenario in Washington… I learned a little bit more than I knew a few hours ago but not a significant amount more… it sounds like the strip club issue seems to be the most serious issue

1. The owner stepped in and forced him to be drafted
2. Jay Gruden felt forced to play Haskins in an effort to save his job since Haskins was Snyder’s guy (Haskins was not ready yet for NFL reps)
3. Rivera gets hired and Haskins was never his guy
4. There was never an explanation for his demotion to 3rd string earlier this season (I just assume it was Rivera trying to motivate Haskins)
5. If Alex Smith was healthy the last 2 weeks he would’ve played instead of Haskins
6. While they’re in 1st place in division (and in COVID world) he went to the strip club following a loss instead of doing anything else football or in-home related
7. Lost captaincy following strip club
8. Left stadium immediately after game and avoided media questions until he got home… and even then he was barely “answering” questions and had extremely low energy (the kid just seems to be mentally defeated when seen on camera)

SunnySide 12-28-2020 01:01 PM

C'est la vie

Wish him the best

On to Philly

SolidSnake84 12-28-2020 01:03 PM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1270622]Scott Van Pelt just broke down the overall Haskins scenario in Washington… I learned a little bit more than I knew a few hours ago but not a significant amount more… it sounds like the strip club issue seems to be the most serious issue

1. The owner stepped in and forced him to be drafted
2. Jay Gruden felt forced to play Haskins in an effort to save his job since Haskins was Snyder’s guy (Haskins was not ready yet for NFL reps)
3. Rivera gets hired and Haskins was never his guy
4. There was never an explanation for his demotion to 3rd string earlier this season (I just assume it was Rivera trying to motivate Haskins)
5. If Alex Smith was healthy the last 2 weeks he would’ve played instead of Haskins
6. While they’re in 1st place in division (and in COVID world) he went to the strip club following a loss instead of doing anything else football or in-home related
7. Lost captaincy following strip club
8. Left stadium immediately after game and avoided media questions until he got home… and even then he was barely “answering” questions and had extremely low energy (the kid just seems to be mentally defeated when seen on camera)[/quote]

Finally. THIS is the punishment that should have been handed down by Rivera. And i guess in the end, it was.

I think it is best for the team.

jamf 12-28-2020 01:03 PM

His rookie contract is fully guaranteed, 8Mil cap hit next year.