Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Snyder (the absolute worst owner in all of sports) to stay on a owner (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64822)

Dlyne8r 07-20-2023 07:07 PM

Re: Snyder (the absolute worst owner in all of sports) to stay on a owner

[quote=mooby;1343127]I thought Josh Harris' bit about growing up a fan of the team and knowing the responsibility was a bit out of touch - those words don't carry the same weight after Dan Snyder said the same shit in his opening press conference.

Harris at least has the track record of success with the Devils and the 76ers though.[/quote]

Had same reaction after reading that and recalled how excited we were when DS bought the team way back when only to be let down. But if I were in his shoes I probably would have said the same thing. What else could be said? Not going to rain on this parade however and just going to bask in the optimism.

mooby 07-20-2023 09:17 PM

[quote=Dlyne8r;1343131]Had same reaction after reading that and recalled how excited we were when DS bought the team way back when only to be let down. But if I were in his shoes I probably would have said the same thing. What else could be said? Not going to rain on this parade however and just going to bask in the optimism.[/quote]

He seemed a bit nervous - but I guess I would be too if I knew I had to follow up one of the worst owners in the history of the league.

I'm cautiously optimistic, he seems the type to recognize he needs to hire the experts and trust them to run the team. Hopefully that's the last we hear about our owner picking players after doing no research on them whatsoever.

MTK 07-21-2023 10:48 AM

[quote=mooby;1343127]I thought Josh Harris' bit about growing up a fan of the team and knowing the responsibility was a bit out of touch - those words don't carry the same weight after Dan Snyder said the same shit in his opening press conference.

Harris at least has the track record of success with the Devils and the 76ers though.[/quote]

Would have been odd if he didn’t acknowledge he’s from the area don’t you think?

nonniey 07-21-2023 11:25 AM

Well looks like Magic Johnson has come out and stated a name change will be on the table. I always thought the name change was a lock and I think this reinforces it. The name will change so I don't recommend any purchases of Commander's merchandise.

[url]https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/07/21/washington-commanders-magic-johnson-confirms-team-could-change-name[/url]

MTK 07-21-2023 11:53 AM

It’s a diplomatic answer by Magic and the right way to address it.

I still don’t think they will change it though.

sdskinsfan2001 07-21-2023 11:53 AM

I can actually buy official team gear again since none of it will go to Snyder.

mooby 07-21-2023 02:35 PM

[quote=MTK;1343155]Would have been odd if he didn’t acknowledge he’s from the area don’t you think?[/quote]

Not sure it matters tbh - just saying that whole "I'm from the area and remember the glory days" bit didn't work out so well for the last guy lol.

It's nitpicky, in the end I'm just happy Snyder is gone and we can move forward. We can finally remove the stench of failure from Redskins Park.

Ruhskins 07-21-2023 02:43 PM

[quote=MTK;1343159]It’s a diplomatic answer by Magic and the right way to address it.

I still don’t think they will change it though.[/quote]

Josh Harris was just asked about the name and gave the most diplomatic answer and deflected the topic.

I liked that he keeps emphasizing in terms of his priorities focusing on fan experience, the stadium ("long term fan experience") and assessing the team.

jamf 07-21-2023 02:45 PM

Nothing but optimism for me which is very rare.

We have a level playing field going forward.