Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   WFT Wild Card Pre-Game Thread (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64788)

sdskinsfan2001 01-04-2021 11:06 PM

WFT Wild Card Pre-Game Thread

Beat the Cowboys twice, beat the Eagles twice, and won the division. This season has already exceeded most of our expectations.

Knocking Tom Brady out of the playoffs would be the ultimate cherry on top. They will likely win, but any given Sunday, and the NFC East has a good track record against Tom.

Note - It's really weird playing Brady in the playoffs. The world is slightly off with him in the NFC.

mooby 01-04-2021 11:18 PM

Re: WFT Wild Card Pre-Game Thread

I thought the Steelers would win too. Any given Sunday definitely applies here.

That being said, I consider myself realistic. Realistically, with Alex Smith limited and key guys playing injured, the odds are against us. I won't say never, but everything would have to go perfectly for us to have a shot to win on Saturday.

34-20 TB. As is tradition this year in our losses, we get blown out in the first half, something like 21-0, before we come back in the second half and make it interesting but ultimately lose by 2+ scores. Todd Bowles is gonna physically throw a kitchen sink at Alex Smith.

Meks 01-05-2021 12:32 AM

Hope for the best and very happy with the potential and future of the team. We need a qb tho..

ODUsmitty 01-05-2021 12:55 AM

[quote=mooby;1272183]I thought the Steelers would win too. Any given Sunday definitely applies here.

That being said, I consider myself realistic. Realistically, with Alex Smith limited and key guys playing injured, the odds are against us. I won't say never, but everything would have to go perfectly for us to have a shot to win on Saturday.

34-20 TB. As is tradition this year in our losses, we get blown out in the first half, something like 21-0, before we come back in the second half and make it interesting but ultimately lose by 2+ scores. Todd Bowles is gonna physically throw a kitchen sink at Alex Smith.[/quote]

We assuredly struggle in the first half if Smith is similar physically to how he was last night. Not only does his inability to run hurt his ability to complete passes, it allows the D to stack the box against our once-potent running game. If we want some balance in our attack, we need a running game and a QB that can make plays when protection breaks down. I am so pleased with what Smith has brought to this team ( he deserves every accolade), but this game at this juncture, demands a quarterback that brings more than 5-yard check-downs. As many have said, we are playing with house money at this point. I hope Rivera plays to win, vice playing not to lose badly. We lose, hands down, if Smith plays, as the offense is too limited. So what do we have to lose, other than finding out if the backup Qb is a Warner or a Sudfield. Put the ball in Heinicke's hands and let the kid play.

SkinzWin 01-05-2021 07:24 AM

Brady has struggled this year against good defenses. There’s tape out there about how to defend this offense. If Alex can manage the game like he did in the first half this week I think we have a shot. Our secondary is going to have to play the game of their lives though against their WRs.

skinsfaninok 01-05-2021 07:39 AM

We just don't match up well with them on our side of the ball, their defense is fast and physical and we lack the speed outside other than Terry.. It's not impossible but it's also not likely we beat them. Chase and Sweat would have to be mad men out there all night. Great thing is , we have a playoff game to look forward too, it's an awesome feeling.

Giantone 01-05-2021 08:11 AM

[quote=SkinzWin;1272199]Brady has struggled this year against good defenses. There’s tape out there about how to defend this offense. If Alex can manage the game like he did in the first half this week I think we have a shot. Our secondary is going to have to play the game of their lives though against their WRs.[/quote]

I agree with you. If Washington can keep the Bucs off of Smith and he gets a little help from a running game I think your defense can keep Brady in check, you guys have a decent chance.

Chico23231 01-05-2021 08:33 AM

The one thing we need to do happens to be the greatest strength of the Buccaneers...we need to run the ball and they have the best rushing defense in the league.

A big positive is their best player on defense Devon White is out...that’s big.

We have to run the ball...not maybe, not a little...we will have to run the ball to win.

GridIron26 01-05-2021 09:04 AM

The WFT is going to get a big ass whooping of the year. Our offense is not good enough to compete against Bucs defense, there will be many 3 and outs series which will tire the WFT defense fast.

MTK 01-05-2021 09:23 AM

Our D is going to have to ball the F out for us to have a shot. Could happen. I think the D also needs to score for us to win. I think Ron will have Alex on a short leash.

skinsfaninok 01-05-2021 09:36 AM

Here's a surprising stat

JD McKissic had 80 catches! 2nd most on the team lol

MTK 01-05-2021 09:41 AM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1272219]Here's a surprising stat

JD McKissic had 80 catches! 2nd most on the team lol[/quote]

Back in August if you told me he'd have 80 catches I would have believed it. If you told me Logan Thomas would have 72 I probably wouldn't have believed it.

skinsfaninok 01-05-2021 09:43 AM

[quote=MTK;1272221]Back in August if you told me he'd have 80 catches I would have believed it. If you told me Logan Thomas would have 72 I probably wouldn't have believed it.[/quote]

Yeah for sure, he's always been a good scat back

SFREDSKIN 01-05-2021 10:33 AM

What would happen if we took out Brady? It could happen.

skinsfaninok 01-05-2021 10:39 AM

Rivera said they have to consider rotating Alex Smith and Taylor Heinicke on Saturday. Playing an aggressive defense contributes to that thinking...

Keim