Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New Redskin Coach Jennifer King (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64575)

Irrefutable 02-08-2020 09:58 PM

New Redskin Coach Jennifer King

You cannot be serious

[url]https://clutchpoints.com/redskins-news-washington-to-hire-jennifer-king-as-assistant-coach/[/url]

SkinzWin 02-08-2020 10:00 PM

Re: New Redskin Coach Jennifer King

[quote=Irrefutable;1244338]You cannot be serious

[url]https://clutchpoints.com/redskins-news-washington-to-hire-jennifer-king-as-assistant-coach/[/url][/quote]

Why?

sdskinsfan2001 02-08-2020 10:02 PM

There goes the Redskins being all racist again.

SFREDSKIN 02-08-2020 10:25 PM

NFL already has female officials and now coaches. When will the 1st tranny player show up?

Irrefutable 02-08-2020 10:52 PM

[quote=SkinzWin;1244339]Why?[/quote]

Her resume for the NFL is minimal at best. A jump from intern to NFL assistant in a huge leap.

Schneed10 02-08-2020 11:05 PM

Eminently refutable, as always.

MTK 02-08-2020 11:15 PM

Good for her. What’s the big deal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skinsfaninok 02-09-2020 12:25 AM

Look we need all the good karma

sevier2 02-09-2020 05:33 AM

Culture.

Rivera is going to show these young guys how to respect/treat women. (Looking at R. Foster) Which is a great thing to teach any young man who needs it but it also helps keep these guys on the field.

That's a strong characteristic to have as an organization and I'm all for it. Skins haven't exactly been known for their great treatment of women in recent past times...

FrenchSkin 02-09-2020 05:56 AM

Rivera worked with her in Carolina, I don't see RR being a soft ass coach hiring under qualified people just to make a PR move.
I'd go further and say a woman, and a black woman, probably would have to be overly qualified to make it that far and overcome an awful lot of biases.

Anyway let's not act like we can have any informed opinion on the quality of an assistant coach's work... So I'll trust RR on that and say HTTR to one more stone to a new regime in DC.

Chico23231 02-09-2020 08:14 AM

Glad we are filling out the coaching staff.

Schneed10 02-09-2020 09:33 AM

Irrefutable I knew you were an idiot but I didn’t realize you were a bigoted asshole too. You prejudiced piece of dogshit, get the fuck off this board.

Irrefutable 02-09-2020 09:51 AM

[quote=Schneed10;1244354]Irrefutable I knew you were an idiot but I didn’t realize you were a bigoted asshole too. You prejudiced piece of dogshit, get the fuck off this board.[/quote]

again unrefuted garbage....evidence-free, brilliant

Schneed10 02-09-2020 09:59 AM

Well at least you confirmed the idiot part, can’t even use the word that forms your screen name correctly in a sentence.

NYCskinfan82 02-09-2020 12:16 PM

Congratulations jk.

mooby 02-09-2020 01:26 PM

[quote=SFREDSKIN;1244342]NFL already has female officials and now coaches. When will the 1st tranny player show up?[/quote]

First this, next thing you know we'll be hiring horses to play linebacker. Where do we draw the line???????!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!

MTK 02-09-2020 01:44 PM

Barefoot and pregnant is how I like em, now make me a sammich and bring me a bud lite woman

[img]https://media3.giphy.com/media/eJLXXjN1ZGS4g/giphy.gif[/img]

sdskinsfan2001 02-09-2020 01:48 PM

[quote=MTK;1244377]Barefoot and pregnant is how I like em, now make me a sammich and bring me a bud lite woman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

Sammiches do taste better when someone else makes them. That's science. Doesn't have to be a woman though lol.

MTK 02-09-2020 02:11 PM

[quote=sdskinsfan2001;1244380]Sammiches do taste better when someone else makes them. That's science. Doesn't have to be a woman though lol.[/quote]

As long as it’s not a tranny we’re good

Warthog 02-09-2020 03:16 PM

She’s going to be an assistant. Not that critical a position. If she doesn’t cut it, she is easily let go. RR is great at motivating his players and also making each player into a man. He is making them into GOOD men, who treat women with respect.

Players from Carolina really were thankful for their personal growth while he was the HC. That made them extremely loyal players. THAT’s how to build a winning culture.

I think it will be shocking to see the difference between the maturity and discipline of this upcoming season and the Gruden era. Gruden ran an easy TC and was more of a buddy to players. It was a total failure. Players liked Gruden because he was like Santa Claus, but I’m not sure they really respected him. Gruden tried to play it tough late in his era, but his teams were undisciplined (lots of penalties) and totally unable to get ready for a big game. They were always flat for the must win games.

If she can grow into this position, great. If not she will be quietly fired. This is a character-building exercise for his players.
They will be better for it.

SkinzWin 02-09-2020 03:48 PM

[quote=Irrefutable;1244343]Her resume for the NFL is minimal at best. A jump from intern to NFL assistant in a huge leap.[/quote]

Apparently your definition of minimally qualified and Ron’s are different. Probably explains why he’s an NFL head coach and you are on a message board. I think it’s pretty crappy that you make these comments having no real knowledge about this person and yet, clearly since she is a woman, question the hire. How many male interns with the same “minimal NFL resume” have been hired and not been questioned?

Ron obviously places an emphasis on fit and culture. Something we haven’t done here well for awhile. There also used to be a prevailing opinion that African-Americans shouldn’t play baseball and women shouldn’t vote. Fortunately we’ve gotten past that. This is no different.

FrenchSkin 02-09-2020 04:46 PM

[quote=SkinzWin;1244386]Apparently your definition of minimally qualified and Ron’s are different. Probably explains why he’s an NFL head coach and you are on a message board. I think it’s pretty crappy that you make these comments having no real knowledge about this person and yet, clearly since she is a woman, question the hire. [B]How many male interns with the same “minimal NFL resume” have been hired and not been questioned?
[/B]
Ron obviously places an emphasis on fit and culture. Something we haven’t done here well for awhile. There also used to be a prevailing opinion that African-Americans shouldn’t play baseball and women shouldn’t vote. Fortunately we’ve gotten past that. This is no different.[/quote]

Exactly, as I said, I think a black woman probably has to be overly qualified to reach the point she's at, because she has had to overcome that kind of questioning every single step of the way...

CRedskinsRule 02-09-2020 05:24 PM

[quote=NYCskinfan82;1244360]Congratulations jk.[/quote]

Are you telling her congratulations, or are you just kidding :duel:

mooby 02-09-2020 05:35 PM

[quote=MTK;1244381]As long as it’s not a tranny we’re good[/quote]

Reminds me of this scene:

[yt]r2_FWEaUy0U[/yt]

Chico23231 02-09-2020 06:10 PM

Nobody wants a Tranny surprise sammich

Warthog 02-09-2020 09:24 PM

Wow , we are really in the Football doldrums to be discussing this subject. She’s an assistant. What’s the big deal?

MTK 02-10-2020 11:06 AM

[quote=httr198020;1244404]She's not qualified. She's never played in the NFL.[/quote]

Neither did Joe Gibbs.

Chico23231 02-10-2020 11:13 AM

I really think this is a big non-issue. She will be fired like everyone else if they don't succeed, so regardless I'm gonna support that mission.

It would be totally different if it was a prominent role...its not, but the criticism would only be valid because of inexperience.

CRedskinsRule 02-10-2020 11:23 AM

[quote=httr198020;1244404]She's not qualified. She's never played in the NFL.[/quote]

She did play in the Women's Football Alliance. Since no women likely ever will play in the NFL (maybe a kicker?) saying not playing in the NFL= not qualified seems overly simplified and highly restrictive

CRedskinsRule 02-10-2020 11:57 AM

[QUOTE=Buffalo Bob;1244415]I have never even heard of the WFA. The only women's football I recall was that dumb lingerie league from years ago. I think you would need to be some off the wall pervert to enjoy half dressed women crashing into each other.[/QUOTE]I hadnt either, but my point was more that no woman has played in the NFL. Using that as a bar to getting an assistant coaching job would seem patently unfair, particularly if the person in question had played at some level other than street ball.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

MTK 02-10-2020 12:11 PM

Plenty of successful coaches and GMs never played in the NFL

SunnySide 02-10-2020 12:24 PM

If they are going to let girls coach in the mens NFL .. then logically they better start letting guys work at Hooters. Damnit.

^^ thats my position and aint nothing yall gonna say is gonna make me change my damn mind. I had it with this PC crap being pushed down my throat! Where the hell is my bannana hut?

Chief X_Phackter 02-10-2020 12:25 PM

I don't get why there is so much pessimism with this move. It's not like she's taking over the offense, or now solely charged with the development of Haskins. You have to start somewhere, and not having any NFL playing experience is definitely not a disqualification. Pretty sure Belichick, Gibbs, maybe even Parcells, amongst many others never played a down in the NFL. There are so many coaches, past and present that if held to that bar would have never gotten the opportunity. I'm not saying that she will someday be on their level, but if she can teach what RR wants taught, and he trusts her, why the hell not. Can't be any worse at teaching than whoever in the hell was here last year. Give her a chance...

Schneed10 02-10-2020 12:26 PM

[quote=MTK;1244419]Plenty of successful coaches and GMs never played in the NFL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

Including the greatest coach ever, Bill Belichick.

Schneed10 02-10-2020 12:27 PM

We have more dipshits on this board than I thought.

SunnySide 02-10-2020 12:29 PM

[quote=Chief X_Phackter;1244421]I don't get why there is so much pessimism with this move. It's not like she's taking over the offense, or now solely charged with the development of Haskins. You have to start somewhere, and not having any NFL playing experience is definitely not a disqualification. Pretty sure Belichick, Gibbs, maybe even Parcells, amongst many others never played a down in the NFL. There are so many coaches, past and present that if held to that bar would have never gotten the opportunity. I'm not saying that she will someday be on their level, but if she can teach what RR wants taught, and he trusts her, why the hell not. Can't be any worse at teaching than whoever in the hell was here last year. Give her a chance...[/quote]

Youre missing the point. This is PC bull crap of just giving her a job she didnt earn. We all know there is no way this woman is the most qualified person for the position because of the simple fact that she is in fact a woman. Period.

Also, its being rumored that she, in fact, has never played a single snap in the NFL.