Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Around the NFL: NFL Offseason (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64813)

sdskinsfan2001 02-11-2021 10:03 PM

Around the NFL: NFL Offseason

Not a very flattering article about R. Wilson.

Sounds like he's a selfish, cry-baby bitch.

Maybe not run around every play like a chicken and with your head cutoff.

[url]https://www.nfl.com/news/seahawks-receiving-more-calls-on-russell-wilson-after-public-comments[/url]

In hindsight, I'm glad they didn't hand the ball off to Beast-Mode.

mooby 02-11-2021 10:25 PM

Re: Around the NFL: NFL Offseason

[quote=sdskinsfan2001;1277243][B]Not a very flattering article[/B] about R. Wilson.

Sounds like he's a selfish, cry-baby bitch.

Maybe not run around every play like a chicken and with your head cutoff.

[url]https://www.nfl.com/news/seahawks-receiving-more-calls-on-russell-wilson-after-public-comments[/url]

In hindsight, I'm glad they didn't hand the ball off to Beast-Mode.[/quote]

It's not, but good luck finding an elite qb that isn't becoming increasingly invested in off-the-field matters because that seems to be the new norm. The days of a qb signing a contract and expecting to not be able to influence football ops are gone.

This is one of those good problems to have, because you have an elite talent at qb who obviously doesn't want his prime years being wasted. Yes, he's selfish and probably thinking about long term goals like titles/HOF, but if he was easily replaceable he wouldn't dare think about speaking up like that.

Also yes I expect him to be reprimanded by Carroll for shitting on his offensive line in public like that.

sdskinsfan2001 02-11-2021 10:30 PM

[quote=mooby;1277244]It's not, but good luck finding an elite qb that isn't becoming increasingly invested in off-the-field matters because that seems to be the new norm. The days of a qb signing a contract and expecting to not be able to influence football ops are gone.

This is one of those good problems to have, because you have an elite talent at qb who obviously doesn't want his prime years being wasted. Yes, he's selfish and probably thinking about long term goals like titles/HOF, but if he was easily replaceable he wouldn't dare think about speaking up like that.

Also yes I expect him to be reprimanded by Carroll for shitting on his offensive line in public like that.[/quote]

Resign that contract down to "only" 25 million. You don't get to take all the money then cry about the team not doing enough. Not to mention, throwing your teammates under the bus. Fuck him. Hopefully he never wins shit again.

AnonEmouse 02-12-2021 06:24 AM

He's wrong to make it public, but that OL has been pretty awful for 3 straight years now, getting worse over time. If you truly value your (supposed) franchise QB, you'd have fixed it by now. Last year was the first time since 2016 they've spent a 'high' round draft pick on OL, and even then it was a 3rd rounder. he doesn't help himself with both his mouth and his habit of hanging onto the ball, but the organisation hasn't helped him with protection either.

EdmundDorf 02-12-2021 06:36 AM

To be fair I have heard non off these guys is asking to pick the players, just to be consulted, ie just to be given a chance to have their feedback included. In RW case his OL has been trash, his window is limited and since he signed the contract they traded their next 2 first picks for a safety. Imagine their OL with 2 first rounders on it. They have no cap space to fit free agent OL in because said safety is also gonna want $20m a year. Does a player not get to have an opinion if a Coach or Owner goes off trading for shiny toys which make his own position more difficult? For all of the acclaim Seattle get for being a great front office, their track record on first round picks isn't great. Maybe he could do a better job

[EDIT] That being said, RW also needs to realise that in order to pay his wages the defence which made him look so good early in his career has been dismantled.

skinsfaninok 02-12-2021 09:56 AM

The Texans have cut JJ WATT per NFLN

GridIron26 02-12-2021 09:57 AM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1277264]The Texans have cut JJ WATT per NFLN[/quote]

Wow I didn't see that coming

Ruhskins 02-12-2021 10:02 AM

[quote=GridIron26;1277265]Wow I didn't see that coming[/quote]

Texans are in a total rebuild mode. Which is why I think they'll eventually trade Watson. They are going to get a haul of picks and no one expect them to be good this upcoming season. They could easily be in position to draft a top QB in 2022. But they are also being very dysfunctional, so who knows.

calia 02-12-2021 10:03 AM

Around the NFL: NFL Offseason

Texans’ brilliance continues. They’ll have to trade Watson now. No way he stays after this. Everyone on that team must be utterly demoralized today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ruhskins 02-12-2021 10:05 AM

[quote=calia;1277269]Texans’ brilliance continues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

Yeah, I don't get why they outright released Watt, if you could trade him. Any draft pick is better than none, especially for a team with so little draft capital this season. You can work something out with a player if they have a destination in mind.

EdmundDorf 02-12-2021 10:13 AM

That assumes any other team wants to take on his huge salary given his age and injury history.....

EARTHQUAKE2689 02-12-2021 10:27 AM

Sounds like Watt asked for his release and was granted it

Ruhskins 02-12-2021 10:28 AM

[quote=EdmundDorf;1277273]That assumes any other team wants to take on his huge salary given his age and injury history.....[/quote]

He had one year left with 17 mil non-guaranteed money left in his contract it seems.

sdskinsfan2001 02-12-2021 10:47 AM

Watson is gonna get traded. Even though it's apples to asparagus, the team honoring Watt's request but not Watson's, will be considered racism. The build up to draft day is gonna be nuts this year.

NYCskinfan82 02-12-2021 11:09 AM

[quote=sdskinsfan2001;1277278]Watson is gonna get traded. Even though it's apples to asparagus, the team honoring Watt's request but not Watson's, will be considered racism. The build up to draft day is gonna be nuts this year.[/quote]

Couldn't of said it better myself.