Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Post Draft Free agency targets (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64833)

CRedskinsRule 05-20-2021 04:39 PM

Re: Post Draft Free agency targets

[QUOTE=EARTHQUAKE2689;1284102]The Cowboys were literally one onside kick from being 0-4 with Dak, so this notion that Dak is gonna come back and they immediately because a top 3 team in the conference is nonsense to me[/QUOTE]Just to follow up, the head coach of Atlanta, whose team flubbed that onside kick recovery, was Dan Quinn.
The new defensive coordinator of the cowboys, that same Dan Quinn.
The head coach whose defense gave up 31 points and lost Superbowl 51 after leading 28-3, Dan Quinn.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Chief X_Phackter 05-20-2021 06:12 PM

[quote=earthquake2689;1284102]the cowboys were literally one onside kick from being 0-4 with dak, so this notion that dak is gonna come back and they immediately because a top 3 team in the conference is nonsense to me[/quote]

facts!

skinsnut 05-20-2021 08:17 PM

Cutting Moses Morgan is interesting. Yes, they can use the savings on extensions. But to me, it is far to sudden to be explained that way. Is it possible the needed big cap for some sort of heavy need acquisition within days?

punch it in 05-20-2021 10:48 PM

Post Draft Free agency targets

[QUOTE=EARTHQUAKE2689;1284102]The Cowboys were literally one onside kick from being 0-4 with Dak, so this notion that Dak is gonna come back and they immediately because a top 3 team in the conference is nonsense to me[/QUOTE]

I never said they were a top three team in the conference. I said they might have won our division. Those are two completely different things. Lol
I know people are saying that and think it is equally ridiculous btw.

Pervis_Griffith 05-20-2021 11:02 PM

[quote=skinsnut;1284115]Cutting Moses Morgan is interesting. Yes, they can use the savings on extensions. But to me, it is far to sudden to be explained that way. Is it possible the needed big cap for some sort of heavy need acquisition within days?[/quote]

Could be.

Could be other things too.

Maybe MM was becoming less a leader on the O-Line, and more a locker room distraction with all the OT's the team has brought on board recently.

Maybe MM really wanted to test the market for his services, saw Charles and Cosmi and saw the writing on the wall.

Who knows.

This message board was all over MM's poor play two years ago. I'm not crying over this. Wish MM the best, and let's see who of Lucas - Cosmi - Charles winds up winning that staarting spot.

EARTHQUAKE2689 05-20-2021 11:04 PM

[quote=punch it in;1284116]I never said they were a top three team in the conference. I said they might have won our division. Those are two completely different things. Lol
I know people are saying that and think it is equally ridiculous btw.[/quote]

Referring to the people who are saying that

punch it in 05-20-2021 11:09 PM

[QUOTE=EARTHQUAKE2689;1284121]Referring to the people who are saying that[/QUOTE]

Figured just wanted to distance myself from that garbage. Cowboys will underwhelm again like they always do.

AnonEmouse 05-21-2021 07:30 AM

It's water under the bridge, parting with Moses...

Is there a roster and/or cap restriction at this point in the year? Just wondering if this is motivated by clearing space in either/both or it's simply a matter of clearing down unnecessary payroll.

EdmundDorf 05-21-2021 07:57 AM

No they had plenty of space

Chief X_Phackter 05-21-2021 08:58 AM

It's a matter of saving $7.75M, with no cap hit next year. It's a smart move if you think you have someone else on the roster who can step in and perform at the same level (or better). There are several options on the roster with regard to who that guy will be, so we shall see.

davy 05-21-2021 06:21 PM

[quote=AnonEmouse;1284136][B]It's water under the bridge, parting with Moses...[/B]

Is there a roster and/or cap restriction at this point in the year? Just wondering if this is motivated by clearing space in either/both or it's simply a matter of clearing down unnecessary payroll.[/quote]

I see what you did there...:biggthump

AnonEmouse 05-22-2021 08:14 AM

So glad it wasn't totally wasted ;)

punch it in 05-22-2021 09:01 PM

[QUOTE=AnonEmouse;1284136]It's water under the bridge, parting with Moses...

Is there a roster and/or cap restriction at this point in the year? Just wondering if this is motivated by clearing space in either/both or it's simply a matter of clearing down unnecessary payroll.[/QUOTE]

That’s good stuff.

DYoungJelly 06-01-2021 07:32 PM

The talk on all the pods and shows seem to indicate Rivera doesn't buy into analytics and makes decisions based on gut feel.

I don't think this reputation is entirely accurate. He just hired a VP of analytics.

He also signed an UDFA RB who charts among the higher rated prospects according to the number crunched.

[url]https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2021/backcast-2021[/url]

Patterson is the 8th ranked RB according to the Backcast metric.

Definitely worth a flyer on an UDFA.

Chico23231 06-01-2021 08:25 PM

[quote=DYoungJelly;1284594]The talk on all the pods and shows seem to indicate Rivera doesn't buy into analytics and makes decisions based on gut feel.

I don't think this reputation is entirely accurate. He just hired a VP of analytics.

He also signed an UDFA RB who charts among the higher rated prospects according to the number crunched.

[url]https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2021/backcast-2021[/url]

Patterson is the 8th ranked RB according to the Backcast metric.

Definitely worth a flyer on an UDFA.[/quote]

What kinda killed Patterson value imo (outside his size) was the fact the offensive system he was in doesn’t feature the RB as a pass catcher. Catching out the backfield has become a big weapon in offenses, so if he can do show that skill…then we def got a steal. Signing Patterson really completed the draft as a win for me, I thought RB is an area we needed as McK and Barber are in final year of deals.