Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Washington Football Team Defense 2021 (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64837)

ThirdEyeSquad28 05-16-2021 07:07 PM

Re: Washington Football Team Defense 2021

[quote=Chief X_Phackter;1283905]The D carried this team as far as they could last year. All I'm saying is the offense has to take a couple steps forward for them to compete this year, given the schedule. Not bashing at all...[/quote]

Yes you are right, also keep in mind that last year was the first for a (defensive minded) coaching staff to really get to know all of its players strengths/weaknesses in THEIR system with THEIR coaching. Expect to see a giant leap and most of our star talent is young, expect MAJOR growth there...also, you can only play who your schedule allows...last year, there were games where our defense carried us single handly with an anemic offense

ThirdEyeSquad28 05-16-2021 07:10 PM

[quote=ThirdEyeSquad28;1283909]Yes you are right, also keep in mind that last year was the first for a (defensive minded) coaching staff to really get to know all of its players strengths/weaknesses in THEIR system with THEIR coaching. Expect to see a giant leap and most of our star talent is young, expect MAJOR growth there...also, you can only play who your schedule allows...last year, there were games where our defense carried us single handly with an anemic offense[/quote]

Also, as Ron Is building a power house defense, he’s also building a really good online, so we can play ball control football...using our speed pre-snap to run motions to help out running game too...as it makes the defense freeze for a second to make sure the WR doesn’t get the handoff as they run by

Monkeydad 05-25-2021 10:10 AM

Back-to-back DROY? Completely possible!

[B]Jamin Davis Intends To 'Hit The Ground Running' In OTAs[/B]
[url]https://www.washingtonfootball.com/news/jamin-davis-hit-the-ground-running-in-otas[/url]

[img]https://static.clubs.nfl.com/image/private/t_editorial_landscape_12_desktop/f_auto/redskins/o2iyu2u35dtxl2y23q4x.jpg[/img]

skinsfaninok 05-25-2021 11:26 AM

[quote=Monkeydad;1284284]Back-to-back DROY? Completely possible!

[B]Jamin Davis Intends To 'Hit The Ground Running' In OTAs[/B]
[url]https://www.washingtonfootball.com/news/jamin-davis-hit-the-ground-running-in-otas[/url]

[img]https://static.clubs.nfl.com/image/private/t_editorial_landscape_12_desktop/f_auto/redskins/o2iyu2u35dtxl2y23q4x.jpg[/img][/quote]

I wonder if that has ever happened before

Chico23231 05-25-2021 01:49 PM

Keim said they are trying Apke at CB today in ota…

How you think that will work out?

Monkeydad 05-25-2021 02:53 PM

[quote=Chico23231;1284296]Keim said they are trying Apke at CB today in ota…

How you think that will work out?[/quote]

Like burnt toast.

BaltimoreSkins 05-25-2021 03:13 PM

Yeah don’t see it happening

GridIron26 05-25-2021 03:31 PM

[quote=Chico23231;1284296]Keim said they are trying Apke at CB today in ota…

How you think that will work out?[/quote]

Lol.. I guess they are trying to figure out a way to keep Apke, he sucks as a defender but he is a good special teamer.

mooby 05-25-2021 03:54 PM

[quote=Chico23231;1283344]Listened to the Keim interview with Ben St-Juste. Wow…smart dude, really impressive. Think he can make an impact. Seems super poised and driven[/quote]

And this is how it starts.

Now everybody gonna be watching St-Juste in the preseason and shitting on him when he inevitably has growing pains.

Also Kam Curl being benched - man I respect Collins as a leader and I'm sure he earned that C on his patch - but also feel they should've moved on from him this offseason.

HTTR 05-26-2021 12:07 PM

[QUOTE=clarencebrice;1283897]I think Moreland would be a good nickel or dime guy to cover the slot receivers.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Watched the replay of the Steelers first loss the other night and was reminded how good Moreland was in that game. His ball instincts, quick reaction, and happy-to-hit are there. I hope he sticks in his slot role — not bad for a 7th rounder.

clarencebrice 05-26-2021 01:49 PM

[QUOTE=HTTR;1284349]Watched the replay of the Steelers first loss the other night and was reminded how good Moreland was in that game. His ball instincts, quick reaction, and happy-to-hit are there. I hope he sticks in his slot role — not bad for a 7th rounder.[/QUOTE][emoji1474]

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

skinsfan69 05-26-2021 08:20 PM

[quote=AnonEmouse;1283335]JDR is saying Collins is back at SS, assuming he's 100% recovered.

I'd be interested to see if Moreland can step up or if he's always going to be a #4 CB (not a bad thing as such). He showed promise in his 1st season but seems to have plateaued.[/quote]

IDK why. Makes no sense to keep him on the team at this point. He couldn't run before he got hurt.

skinsfan69 05-26-2021 08:28 PM

[quote=MissouriSkin;1283900]So exactly how many 2nd and 3rd stringers did we actually play against last year? Fields and the guy for the 49ers. Sorry, I don’t count Dalton with him being a 10 year vet. Had a couple games where backups came in due to injury, but that happened to us too. Sorry guys, that argument doesn’t hold water to me. Our defense was pretty good. It’s ok to say it.[/quote]

We got a lot of breaks go our way last year. Just look at the last game of the year. Brady had his way throwing for almost 400 and they ran for like 140. We got a solid group no doubt but I feel we really missed Matt I. With him coming back and with the addition of Davis, I feel we can take that much needed next step.

MissouriSkin 05-26-2021 08:41 PM

[quote=skinsfan69;1284390]We got a lot of breaks go our way last year. Just look at the last game of the year. Brady had his way throwing for almost 400 and they ran for like 140. We got a solid group no doubt but I feel we really missed Matt I. With him coming back and with the addition of Davis, I feel we can take that much needed next step.[/quote]

Sorry, but at the end of the year Tampa was doing that to everyone. We didn’t have any more breaks than any other team.