Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Draft Week Baby!! - Thread 3.0 (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64830)

sdskinsfan2001 04-26-2021 10:23 AM

Draft Week Baby!! - Thread 3.0

Almost makes it being Monday a good thing. Can't wait.

Have a feeling we end up with someone in the 1st that hasn't been discussed as much as the Darrisaw's, JOK'S, etc.

sdskinsfan2001 04-26-2021 10:54 AM

Re: Draft Week Baby!! - Thread 3.0

R1 P19 WR Rashod Bateman - Minnesota
R2 P19 OT Jalen Mayfield - Michigan
R3 P10 S Richie Grant - Central Florida
R3 P18 LB Cameron McGrone - Michigan
R4 P19 CB Kary Vincent Jr - LSU
R5 P19 LB Monty Rice - Georgia
R7 P16 G Tommy Kraemer - Notre Dame
R7 P18 TE Charlie Kolar - Iowa St.

TheMalcolmConnection 04-26-2021 10:59 AM

[quote=sdskinsfan2001;1282008]R1 P19 WR Rashod Bateman - Minnesota
R2 P19 OT Jalen Mayfield - Michigan
R3 P10 S Richie Grant - Central Florida
R3 P18 LB Cameron McGrone - Michigan
R4 P19 CB Kary Vincent Jr - LSU
R5 P19 LB Monty Rice - Georgia
R7 P16 G Tommy Kraemer - Notre Dame
R7 P18 TE Charlie Kolar - Iowa St.[/quote]

I'd be ALL over this. My only thing is I would consider swapping Mayfield for Jabril Cox in that spot.

NYCskinfan82 04-26-2021 06:18 PM

Hell yeah draft week finally, I'm hoping for LB in the 1st hopefully Parsons, Davis or JOK in that order.

Scalper 04-26-2021 07:27 PM

10 Draft Wishes

My 10 draft wishes:

1. We trade back at least twice.
2. We draft one QB, doesn't have to be first two rounds.
3. We draft one LT who is a spectacular pass blocker, which may not mean Darrisaw or other LTs pundits like who are great run blockers but not necessarily proven great pass blockers.
4. We draft a FS who is a true center fielder, still the most glaring hole on roster.
5. We draft a thumper middle LB.
6. We use one of first 4 picks on a CB. We still do not have optimal depth at position and would be MUCH stronger with Fuller at slot.
7. 4th round or later we draft a #3 RB who is a home run threat without injury issues.
8. We draft one TE, more of a catching than blocking TE.
9. We draft a coverage OLB.
10. QB,LT,FS,MLB,CB,RB,TE,OLB is 8 picks. Ideally we'd trade back and have 10. So my final wish is that we make 10 total picks or more, which again means we'd have to trade back.

#11. I generally favor not trading up, especially not the farm to move way up. But if Lance falls to 14 or lower, we consider trading up for him by surrendering 3rd rounder and maybe a bit more. Don't necessarily love the idea, and don't think he falls that far. He is a developmental project but has truly elite arm strength and phenomenal deep ball accuracy you simply can't coach.

Scalper 04-26-2021 07:33 PM

Stone Cold Certain to Be Wrong Draft Prediction :-)

If you were to ask me one bold prediction, almost certain to be wrong, it is that SF takes Lance at #3. My subjective opinion is that he has the most long-term upside of the three QBs likely remaining at that point, owing to his ridiculous arm strength and deep ball accuracy. He will need time to learn the game mentally and is a massive project, but. . . I still think predicting individual picks is a waste of time, however.

nonniey 04-26-2021 08:10 PM

Wish list
1st Round - Tackle trade up for Sewell if he drops to 7-10 for our 1st and 2d).
2d round - (if 1 above doesn't happen) Jabril Cox or J Davis or trade it for a 2022 1st.

Scalper 04-26-2021 09:31 PM

[quote=nonniey;1282044]Wish list
2d round - (if 1 above doesn't happen) Jabril Cox or J Davis or trade it for a 2022 1st.[/quote]

Take more than that to trade up probably.
I wondered about Jags doing so. Getting Sewell and Lawrence same draft in theory be styling for a long time.
Problem is, I'm sitting there with Sewell, I want at least a 1st, a 2nd, and another high pick at least a 3rd, to give up the safest player in draft.

Chico23231 04-27-2021 07:36 AM

[url]https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jeremiah-s-top-150-prospects-in-the-2021-nfl-draft-class[/url]

Daniel Jeremiah top 150 out. He’s one of the best

What I want to happen In front of us:

All five QB go first.

I think there is no way pass rushers just drop beyond 20. They are such a premium, a couple have to go as well as the a top d tackle. I want teams to reach. So if we see reaches for pass rushers and the top d tackle out of Alabama in front of us...get giddy. That will be crucial for quality players to fall.

We need the Raiders to do something Raiders-like in front of us. They have made some dumb draft picks...Mike Mayock and chuckie brain trust. Continue that trend

Scalper 04-27-2021 08:12 AM

[quote=Chico23231;1282054][url]https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jeremiah-s-top-150-prospects-in-the-2021-nfl-draft-class[/url]

Daniel Jeremiah top 150 out. He’s one of the best

What I want to happen In front of us:

All five QB go first.

I think there is no way pass rushers just drop beyond 20. They are such a premium, a couple have to go as well as the a top d tackle. I want teams to reach. So if we see reaches for pass rushers and the top d tackle out of Alabama in front of us...get giddy. That will be crucial for quality players to fall.

We need the Raiders to do something Raiders-like in front of us. They have made some dumb draft picks...Mike Mayock and chuckie brain trust. Continue that trend[/quote]

Best outcome would be one of top-5 QBs besides Jones to fall to us, but not probable. I would hazard a single non-top-15 first round pick on Lance because of his elite arm strength and great deep ball accuracy.

skinsfan69 04-27-2021 09:02 AM

How many draft threads are needed? I have a headache from all the draft threads!!

SunnySide 04-27-2021 09:58 AM

[B]2020 1st round draft day trades[/B]

1. San Francisco traded its first-round (No. 13; from Indianapolis) and seventh-round (No. 245) draft picks to Tampa Bay for the Buccaneers’ first- (No. 14) and fourth-round (No. 117) picks. Tampa Bay selected Tristan Wirfs, ot, Iowa and Raymond Calais, rb, Louisiana-Lafayette. San Francisco selected Javon Kinlaw, dt, South Carolina and later traded No. 117 to Minnesota.

2. New England traded its first-round (No. 23) draft pick to Los Angeles for the Chargers’ second- (No. 37) and third-round (No. 71) picks. L.A. Chargers selected Kenneth Murray, lb, Oklahoma. New England selected Kyle Dugger, s, Lenoir-Rhyne.

3. Minnesota traded is first-round (No. 25) draft pick to San Francisco for the 49ers’ first- (No. 31), fourth- (No. 117) from Tampa Bay) and fifth-round (No. 176) picks. San Francisco selected Brandon Aiyuk, wr, Arizona State. Minnesota selected Jeff Gladney, cb, TCU and D.J. Wonnum, de, South Carolina, and K.J. Osborn, wr, Miami.

4. Miami traded its first-round (No. 26; from Houston) draft pick to Green Bay for the Packers’ first- (No. 30) and fourth-round (No. 136) picks. Green Bay selected Jordan Love, qb, Utah State. Miami selected Noah Igbinoghene, cb, Auburn and later traded No. 136 to L.A. Rams.

--------------------------
[B]2019 1st Round Trades [/B]

Round 1

• The Steelers traded up for the No. 10 overall pick and selected Devin Bush. The Steelers sent the 20th and 52nd pick of the 2019 draft along with a 2020 third round pick to the Denver Broncos. Iowa tight end Noah Fant was picked with the No. 20 pick.

• The Packers traded up for the No. 21 overall pick and selected Maryland safety Darnell Savage Jr. Green Bay sent two fourth-round picks to the Seattle Seahawks.

• The Eagles traded up to the Ravens' 22nd pick to select Washington State tackle Andre Dillard. The Ravens received the 25th overall pick in addition to a fourth and sixth round pick for this year. The Ravens picked wide receiver Hollywood Brown from Oklahoma.

• The Redskins traded up to the Colts' No. 26 spot to pick Mississippi State pass rusher Montez Sweat. Indianapolis will receive a second-round pick from Washington for this year and 2020.

• The Seahawks traded the 30th pick to the Giants. New York took Georgia cornerback Deandre Baker.

• The Rams traded out of round one and sent the No. 31 pick to the Atlanta Falcons. Los Angeles gets the 45th and 79th picks in return. The Falcons picked tackle Kaleb McGary from Washington. Atlanta will also use the 203rd overall pick.

--------------------------------------------

Some context for any 2021 trades

If we trade from 19 to 25 .. looks like we will get a 3rd and not a 2nd

We have 2 3rds to play with

Go from 19 to 10 ... will probably cost us our 2nd this year and our late 3rd (or a 2022 3rd)

BaltimoreSkins 04-27-2021 10:05 AM

[quote=nonniey;1282044]Wish list
2d round - (if 1 above doesn't happen) Jabril Cox or J Davis or trade it for a 2022 1st.[/quote]

Take it for what it is worth but La Canfora was saying he is hearing from GMs that Sewell will eventually be on the right side. I haven't heard that anywhere else though.

SkinzWin 04-27-2021 11:48 PM

[quote=BaltimoreSkins;1282078]Take it for what it is worth but La Canfora was saying he is hearing from GMs that Sewell will eventually be on the right side. I haven't heard that anywhere else though.[/quote]

I was listening to Sirius XM recently and Bill Polian want super high on Sewell as a lock to be an immediate impact player. May need a half to a full year to develop. Said he could play LT but might be better at RT. Came as a shock to me, but what do I know?

Scalper 04-28-2021 01:21 AM

[quote=BaltimoreSkins;1282078]Take it for what it is worth but La Canfora was saying he is hearing from GMs that Sewell will eventually be on the right side. I haven't heard that anywhere else though.[/quote]

Some pundits say he is a much better run blocker than pass blocker and question if he is an elite pass blocker. Not that he isn't a good one, but how great? Not saying I believe that, but it has been said. Hoping 15 teams believe that and he falls to us, LOL.

Scalper 04-28-2021 01:23 AM

[quote=SkinzWin;1282183]I was listening to Sirius XM recently and Bill Polian want super high on Sewell as a lock to be an immediate impact player. May need a half to a full year to develop. Said he could play LT but might be better at RT. Came as a shock to me, but what do I know?[/quote]

Very interesting to ask a simple question. Who is the best pure pass blocker on the left side in this draft, without any concern for run blocking? Realize they are not mutually exclusive, but still.

sdskinsfan2001 04-28-2021 02:22 AM

[quote=Scalper;1282186]Very interesting to ask a simple question. Who is the best pure pass blocker on the left side in this draft, without any concern for run blocking? Realize they are not mutually exclusive, but still.[/quote]

I'm not sold on Sewell.

But I'd gladly take him, Darrisaw, or Slater at 19.

Jenkins, I wouldn't be upset, but also not necessarily excited.

skinsfaninok 04-28-2021 08:27 AM

1 more day thank god

skinsfaninok 04-28-2021 01:50 PM

The #Panthers are trading QB Teddy Bridgewater to the #Broncos for a sixth-round draft pick, per source.

There goes the Denver taking a QB take

Chico23231 04-28-2021 01:53 PM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1282236]The #Panthers are trading QB Teddy Bridgewater to the #Broncos for a sixth-round draft pick, per source.

There goes the Denver taking a QB take[/quote]

There goes horse tooth “drew lock” is our guy talk

Denver becomes the trade up partner

skinsfaninok 04-28-2021 01:57 PM

"I am hearing the WFT is doing legwork to trade up into the top 10 tomorrow night" Jeremy Fowler ESPN

He went on to say "Keep an eye on Micah Parsons and Trey Lance"

I don't see them trading up for Parsons

Chief X_Phackter 04-28-2021 01:58 PM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1282236]The #Panthers are trading QB Teddy Bridgewater to the #Broncos for a sixth-round draft pick, per source.

There goes the Denver taking a QB take[/quote]

[url]https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article250460581.html[/url]

SunnySide 04-28-2021 02:02 PM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1282239]"I am hearing the WFT is doing legwork to trade up into the top 10 tomorrow night" Jeremy Fowler ESPN

He went on to say "Keep an eye on Micah Parsons and Trey Lance"

I don't see them trading up for Parsons[/quote]

2019 Steelers traded their 20, 52 and next years 3R to move up to 10 to take LB Devin Bush.

Id be "okay" with something like that that doesnt involve 2 firt rounders but itd better be for a Qb and they better be right about him. Impact LBs can be had at 19.

2nd round this draft has good value as well.

Chief X_Phackter 04-28-2021 02:12 PM

#9 is probably the spot to trade up to now, if a team wants one of the leftovers from the top 5 QB prospects.

If it's J. Fields sitting there at #9, I would consider it.

MTK 04-28-2021 02:13 PM

We've got a big need at LB, Ron and Jack are both defensive minded coaches, I could definitely see them moving up for Parsons to be the QB of the D.

Chief X_Phackter 04-28-2021 02:17 PM

It's definitely a possibility, but at this point (with the reported character issues/red flags/whatever you want to call it) I think he's probably a guy that you take if he falls, rather than someone you move up that far to get.

nonniey 04-28-2021 02:20 PM

[quote=SunnySide;1282241]2019 Steelers traded their 20, 52 and next years 3R to move up to 10 to take LB Devin Bush.

Id be "okay" with something like that that doesnt involve 2 firt rounders but itd better be for a Qb and they better be right about him. Impact LBs can be had at 19.

2nd round this draft has good value as well.[/quote]

I'd be happy with Sewell or Pitts (Not a chance Pitts would fall though imo) as well.

Monkeydad 04-28-2021 02:21 PM

Odd plan for the Broncos, neither Lock or Bridgewater seem like they'll lead to success. Honestly I'd probably give Lock another season before trusting Bridgewater.

Anyways, the real wild card is now where Garoppolo gets traded to. Could be us...New England has expressed interest in getting him back, the Falcons need an heir to Ryan, and the Bears still need a QB with Dalton and Foles. Even the Eagles could upgrade over Hurts with him.

I think there's now also a solid chance that 1 or 2 of Lance, Jones or Fields could fall to 19 now.

Draft order, teams who could take QBs bolded:

[B]Jacksonville Jaguars - TREVOR LAWRENCE
New York Jets - ZACH WILSON
San Francisco 49ers (from Miami via Houston) - MAC JONES OR TREY LANCE[/B]
Atlanta Falcons - MATT RYAN, LIKELY TRADING OR DRAFTING TE PITTS
Cincinnati Bengals - J'MARR CHASE OR SEWELL
Miami Dolphins (from Philadelphia) - SEWELL OR CHASE
Detroit Lions - RUMORED TO WANT CHASE, MAY TRADE UP TO 4
Carolina Panthers -HAVE DARNOLD, NO QB PICK
Denver Broncos - BRIDGEWATER, NO QB PICK
Dallas Cowboys - IF THEY DON'T GO DEFENSE, THEY'RE IDIOTS
New York Giants - LIKELY WR OR DEFENSE
Philadelphia Eagles (from Miami via San Francisco) - SAY HURTS IS THE MAN, LIKELY WR
Los Angeles Chargers - SET WITH HERBERT
Minnesota Vikings - CAN'T AFFORD TO MOVE ON FROM COUSINS, NO QB PICK
[B]New England Patriots - POSSIBLE QB PICK, LIKELY LANCE IF AVAILABLE[/B]
Arizona Cardinals - SET WITH MURRAY
Las Vegas Raiders - SET WITH CARR
Miami Dolphins - NOT TAKING QB
[B]Washington Redskins...JONES, LANCE OR FIELDS COULD BE AVAILABLE[/B]

skinsfaninok 04-28-2021 02:24 PM

[quote=Monkeydad;1282246]Odd plan for the Broncos, neither Lock or Bridgewater seem like they'll lead to success. Honestly I'd probably give Lock another season before trusting Bridgewater.

Anyways, the real wild card is now where Garoppolo gets traded to. Could be us...New England has expressed interest in getting him back, the Falcons need an heir to Ryan, and the Bears still need a QB with Dalton and Foles. Even the Eagles could upgrade over Hurts with him.

I think there's now also a solid chance that 1 or 2 of Lance, Jones or Fields could fall to 19 now.

[B]Jacksonville Jaguars - TREVOR LAWRENCE
New York Jets - ZACH WILSON
San Francisco 49ers (from Miami via Houston) - MAC JONES OR TREY LANCE[/B]
Atlanta Falcons - MATT RYAN, LIKELY TRADING OR DRAFTING TE PITTS
Cincinnati Bengals - J'MARR CHASE OR SEWELL
Miami Dolphins (from Philadelphia) - SEWELL OR CHASE
Detroit Lions - RUMORED TO WANT CHASE, MAY TRADE UP TO 4
Carolina Panthers -HAVE DARNOLD, NO QB PICK
Denver Broncos - BRIDGEWATER, NO QB PICK
Dallas Cowboys - IF THEY DON'T GO DEFENSE, THEY'RE IDIOTS
New York Giants - LIKELY WR OR DEFENSE
Philadelphia Eagles (from Miami via San Francisco) - SAY HURTS IS THE MAN, LIKELY WR
Los Angeles Chargers - SET WITH HERBERT
Minnesota Vikings - CAN'T AFFORD TO MOVE ON FROM COUSINS, NO QB PICK
[B]New England Patriots - POSSIBLE QB PICK, LIKELY LANCE IF AVAILABLE[/B]
Arizona Cardinals - SET WITH MURRAY
Las Vegas Raiders - SET WITH CARR
Miami Dolphins - NOT TAKING QB
[B]Washington Redskins...JONES, LANCE OR FIELDS COULD BE AVAILABLE[/B][/quote]

I think this scenario is likely but I would not count out Philly taking Fields if he is there

Monkeydad 04-28-2021 02:27 PM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1282247]I think this scenario is likely but I would not count out Philly taking Fields if he is there[/quote]

That's fine, he's the one I DON'T want.

They have NO ONE playing WR though and this class is DEEEEEP at WR in the 1st.

I think they or the Giants will draft Waddle. The Lions could settle for him if they can't move up to beat the Bengals to J'Marr Chase. Devonta Smith is in play for the Dolphins and these teams too.

[url]https://lionswire.usatoday.com/2021/04/28/lions-draft-rumors-trade-up-jamarr-chase-falcons/[/url]

skinsfaninok 04-28-2021 02:29 PM

[quote=Monkeydad;1282248]That's fine, he's the one I DON'T want.

They have NO ONE playing WR though and this class is DEEEEEP at WR in the 1st.

I think they or the Giants will draft Waddle.[/quote]

I'd actually be fine with Fields , I know some think he isn't any good because of the OSU connection but he's a gamer and has the GRIT u can't coach. Plus he is pretty damn accurate and can move.. He honestly fits the scheme very well

skinsfaninok 04-28-2021 02:30 PM

[IMG]https://dks.scene7.com/is/image/GolfGalaxy/21NEWMNFLWSHFBDRFWAS?qlt=70&wid=600&fmt=pjpeg[/IMG]

A truckers dream

Chief X_Phackter 04-28-2021 02:33 PM

What is it that has Fields falling out of favor in the recent weeks? He and T Lawrence were 1/2 forever...

I honestly don't get what Wilson, Jones, or Lance offer that he doesn't.

If it's the Ohio State thing, that is just stupid.

Chief X_Phackter 04-28-2021 02:35 PM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1282249]I'd actually be fine with Fields , I know some think he isn't any good because of the OSU connection but he's a gamer and has the GRIT u can't coach. Plus he is pretty damn accurate and can move.. He honestly fits the scheme very well[/quote]

Yep. I don't really want them to trade up, but he's the one QB I would be ok moving up for.

Monkeydad 04-28-2021 02:35 PM

Better looking than some past draft caps.

[IMG]https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.vox-cdn.com%2Fthumbor%2FgygGZFyGVcKzNRY6yhIbpWoJYyY%3D%2F0x0%3A900x900%2F1200x0%2Ffilters%3Afocal(0x0%3A900x900)%3Ano_upscale()%2Fcdn.vox-cdn.com%2Fuploads%2Fchorus_asset%2Ffile%2F19864310%2Fthumb___2020_04_01T101526.191.jpg&f=1&nofb=1[/IMG]

[IMG]https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fimages.footballfanatics.com%2FFFImage%2Fthumb.aspx%3Fi%3D%2Fproductimages%2F_2979000%2Faltimages%2Fff_2979290alt1_full.jpg%26w%3D900&f=1&nofb=1[/IMG]

[IMG]https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.awsli.com.br%2F1000x1000%2F59%2F59657%2Fproduto%2F17708224%2Fc8e942f85e.jpg&f=1&nofb=1[/IMG]

[IMG]https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fassets.sbnation.com%2Fassets%2F1000219%2FNFL_Draft__950_064_IMG_10171.jpg&f=1&nofb=1[/IMG]

SunnySide 04-28-2021 02:41 PM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1282249]I'd actually be fine with Fields , I know some think he isn't any good because of the OSU connection but he's a gamer and has the GRIT u can't coach. Plus he is pretty damn accurate and can move.. He honestly fits the scheme very well[/quote]

Qb is so important and if you dont have one .. youre in the business of finding one.

Id take any one of the top 5 QBs and Monds and Mills and Trask as well. Just keep taking QBs til you land a Russell Wilson or some other franchise transforming player.

MTK 04-28-2021 02:49 PM

[quote=Chief X_Phackter;1282251]What is it that has Fields falling out of favor in the recent weeks? He and T Lawrence were 1/2 forever...

I honestly don't get what Wilson, Jones, or Lance offer that he doesn't.

If it's the Ohio State thing, that is just stupid.[/quote]

Lawrence and Wilson have been locked in at the top 2 spots all offseason from what I recall, haven't heard anything about Fields going #2.

GridIron26 04-28-2021 02:50 PM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1282250][IMG]https://dks.scene7.com/is/image/GolfGalaxy/21NEWMNFLWSHFBDRFWAS?qlt=70&wid=600&fmt=pjpeg[/IMG]

A truckers dream[/quote]

I like it

SunnySide 04-28-2021 03:07 PM

[quote=MTK;1282255]Lawrence and Wilson have been locked in at the top 2 spots all offseason from what I recall, haven't heard anything about Fields going #2.[/quote]

Lawrence-Fields were the 1-2 locks during the college football season .. past couple months Wilson replaced Fields, Jones jumped up the board and Lance kinda dropped to no. 5 best QB.

---------------------

Albert Breer for SI was one of the most accurate nfl mock draft guys last year .. he only does one mock, drops a day or two before the draft.

Darrisaw is his pick for us. Makes a ton of sense. If he is there, take him.

[url]https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/04/27/nfl-mock-draft-san-francisco-49ers-mac-jones-bengals-jamarr-chase[/url]

apparently he did several mocks this year ...

Chief X_Phackter 04-28-2021 03:08 PM

[quote=MTK;1282255]Lawrence and Wilson have been locked in at the top 2 spots all offseason from what I recall, haven't heard anything about Fields going #2.[/quote]

Not that Fields was going to be selected #2 to the Jets. I mean the Jets are the Jets. Just because because they are supposedly locked in on Wilson, doesn't mean that Wilson is the better prospect.

Prior to the offseason, and before the draft order was official, there were only two QBs that were projected to be immediate franchise QBs. We know who was #1, and Fields was the #2.