Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Alex Smith Cut (update: retired) (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64815)

skinsfaninok 03-01-2021 02:26 PM

Re: Alex Smith Cut

[quote=MTK;1278289]11-4 as the starter here. Say what you will about his style of play, but he found a way to win more often than not. Has any QB in Snyder's tenure left here with a winning record?[/quote]

You can't deny the dude is a winner

AnonEmouse 03-01-2021 02:34 PM

I know what I said the other day about his mobility, but that's no way my reflection on the man. He won't make the HoF as a QB, but I actually would like to see him coach and succeed at it. And fate willing, become a HoF coach. But if he chooses not to, I'd say whatever he does after football he'll be a success.

irish 03-01-2021 03:21 PM

[quote=MTK;1278289]11-4 as the starter here. Say what you will about his style of play, but he found a way to win more often than not. Has any QB in Snyder's tenure left here with a winning record?[/quote]

Its hard not to see that 11-4 record and wonder how thing would have worked out had he not been injured.

CRedskinsRule 03-01-2021 04:29 PM

[quote=Ruhskins;1278249]Our cap space now goes up to $52 mil with Alex's release.[/quote]

I imagine they will make it a post-June 1st cut (he can still be released this week), in which case their is an extra 5M in cap savings.

CrustyRedskin 03-01-2021 08:09 PM

I always felt at ease when Smith was at the helm. My favorite Alex Smith stat 2-0 v. Dallas. Class act and a tough sob. Safe travels man :food-smil

rocnrik 03-01-2021 10:30 PM

Alex .. Class act !! I wish him well !!

skinsfan69 03-02-2021 09:45 AM

A QB's WL record is such a flawed stat and is made up by the media. Does the guard have a WL record too?? What about the wr? The HC should have a WL record. That's it.

To me Smith was never really a good QB. I don't care for his style of play at all. You'll never win a SB w/ him unless you have a truly great defense. Very hard to do in this era of football.

He's about as outstanding of a guy you can have in your locker room but the team made the right decision here. He needs to retire.

skinsfan69 03-02-2021 09:53 AM

[quote=irish;1278292]Its hard not to see that 11-4 record and wonder how thing would have worked out had he not been injured.[/quote]

We already know. See KC. The minute they got rid of him and drafted a better player their offense explodes and they won a SB and got to another.

CRedskinsRule 03-02-2021 10:17 AM

[quote=skinsfan69;1278316]We already know. See KC. The minute they got rid of him and drafted a better player their offense explodes and they won a SB and got to another.[/quote]

Well, the minute we "got rid of him" our offense tanked and we dwelled in the basement of suckatude. AS was a qb that you could develop the rest of the team around and still be a quality team. Fortunately, I think RR and company understood that, and once they could free themselves of DH, they used KA and AS to keep the qb spot from being a liability and taught the rest of the team how to play. Getting the qb spot right is such a huge undertaking for this offseason. Is it September yet?

BaltimoreSkins 03-02-2021 10:32 AM

[quote=irish;1278292]Its hard not to see that 11-4 record and wonder how thing would have worked out had he not been injured.[/quote]

We probably don't draft Chase Young. A bunch of other maybes too. Possibly more playoff appearances, maybe Bruce and Jay still here.

CRedskinsRule 03-02-2021 10:35 AM

[quote=skinsfan69;1278316]We already know. See KC. The minute they got rid of him and drafted a better player their offense explodes and they won a SB and got to another.[/quote]

Actually, both teams drafted a better player and let him sit behind AS for a year. Neither team "got rid of him and drafted a better player". Had we drafted a better player in lieu of Haskins, we would be in terrific shape as AS' contract expired. But alas - Haskins...

MTK 03-02-2021 10:56 AM

We stood a much better chance at winning games with him in the lineup than not. That's all I know.

SFREDSKIN 03-02-2021 11:05 AM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1278250]Could grab a LB and WR plus QB with that $$[/quote]

How about we pay and resign our own before going on a spending spree.

skinsfaninok 03-02-2021 11:11 AM

[quote=SFREDSKIN;1278324]How about we pay and resign our own before going on a spending spree.[/quote]

I agree but we have holes to fill as well