Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   2021 NFL Draft Day!! (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64831)

KI Skins Fan 05-02-2021 05:52 PM

Re: 2021 NFL Draft Day!!

[quote=budw38;1283067][url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uKx_jVTCHg[/url] S ) Forrest looks pretty good and aggressive .[/quote]

On film, he looks like a playmaker to me. He can really move and he looks like a playmaker. Could we be looking at another late round gem at safety?

budw38 05-02-2021 06:50 PM

[quote=KI Skins Fan;1283074]On film, he looks like a playmaker to me. He can really move and he looks like a playmaker. Could we be looking at another late round gem at safety?[/quote] I hope so , we have had some success with late rd ( S ) , Curl , Jarrett .

rocnrik 05-02-2021 07:24 PM

I don’t know jack about all these players even the million dollar GM swing and miss ... guess what .. IF any of you think you know more than who is running this team .. then you have either illusions or you missed your life’s calling ... I find most of these post pure entertainment... and that goes for anything I say ... I will tell you straight up I know nothing about how to select players ...

Giantone 05-02-2021 07:32 PM

[quote=rocnrik;1283076]I don’t know jack about all these players even the million dollar GM swing and miss ... guess what .. IF any of you think you know more than who is running this team .. then you have either illusions or you missed your life’s calling ... I find most of these post pure entertainment... and that goes for anything I say ... I will tell you straight up I know nothing about how to select players ...[/quote]

Many of these players will wash out. It's just a fact. Many have a hard time adjusting to the speed of the pro game.

MissouriSkin 05-02-2021 07:35 PM

Re: C. Cheeseman - LS - Draft Grade

[quote=skinsnut;1283036]I disagree, I appreciate his research and analysis, especially on late round picks with lumited info. I get his conclusions. That is the rub. I didnt see any evidence of draft failures in year one, so I have a more fingers crossed view that they have a board based on good scouting info that ee dont have. But on the surface, some late moves are head scatchers, especially trading next years pick for a rookie long snapper.[/quote]

His problem is his condescending tone and arrogance about his opinions. In spite of what he thinks, he doesn’t know more than the people employed to run teams and draft players.

FrenchSkin 05-02-2021 08:03 PM

[quote=skinsnut;1283036]I disagree, I appreciate his research and analysis, especially on late round picks with lumited info. I get his conclusions. That is the rub. I didnt see any evidence of draft failures in year one, so I have a more fingers crossed view that they have a board based on good scouting info that ee dont have. But on the surface, some late moves are head scatchers, especially [B]trading next years pick for a rookie long snapper[/B].[/quote]

That's not what happened, we traded next year 5th in exchange of 2 picks (this year's 6th and 7th) and used one of them on a long snapper.
So technically we used [I][U]half a late round pick on a long snapper[/U][/I]. I think the franchise will survive.
People only realize the importance of a reliable LS when we lack one.

Scalper 05-03-2021 04:31 AM

[quote=GridIron26;1283032]Per Keim, Cheeseman was one of the best LS in NCAA. Granted, I didn't expect us to spend a pick on LS but since it's only 6th round pick so it's a small price to pay to ensure we don't have issues with LS this season. If we have trouble with LS, it can cost us games.[/quote]

One of the best is correct.
And at least 2 of the other best could have been signed off the street without spending a draft pick and without mortgaging the future.
You can get a LS that doesn't cost games without trading future picks and drafting one.

mooby 05-03-2021 05:57 AM

[quote=rocnrik;1283076]I don’t know jack about all these players even the million dollar GM swing and miss ... guess what .. IF any of you think you know more than who is running this team .. then you have either illusions or you missed your life’s calling ... I find most of these post pure entertainment... and that goes for anything I say ... I will tell you straight up I know nothing about how to select players ...[/quote]

Well I'll tell you how my draft board is decided.

First I look at the body. Do they have all their arms and legs? If so, they're already one step ahead of the ones who don't. Next, I look at their head. Is it physically attached to their shoulders? If so, +1 again. And you just keep going until everybody is ranked. I don't put too much stock into what their stats were in college because everybody knows college doesn't always translate well to the pros.

Monkeydad 05-03-2021 10:46 AM

[B][COLOR="Red"]If Cheeseman picks #69...I am DEFINITELY buying his jersey.[/COLOR][/B]

Monkeydad 05-03-2021 10:48 AM

[quote=Giantone;1283077]Many of these players will wash out. It's just a fact. Many have a hard time adjusting to the speed of the pro game.[/quote]

Indeed they do.

[IMG]https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia3.giphy.com%2Fmedia%2FIVUT6ZrmwluToUnb1F%2Fgiphy.gif&f=1&nofb=1[/IMG]

SkinsGuru 05-03-2021 11:21 AM

[quote=MissouriSkin;1283065]Well I feel BPA is overrated. If the BPA is in an area that you already have enough players at, then there is no sense drafting him. I think they did what is best, which is take the best available at a position of need and see what happens. To me, by that point in the draft you’re mostly just throwing darts at the dart board anyway. I mean, in round 6 if the guy was really good, he’d have already been taken. So in my mind, why not err on the side of the mix of BPA and need as opposed to just straight BPA. But I’m just a fan so I readily admit I don’t know anything. 🙂[/quote]

exactly . . . i always said i prefer best player available of your teams 3 positions of biggest need. its a hybrid approach! lol

EdmundDorf 05-03-2021 11:34 AM

Wonder whether Toney will be tried at WLB, he has a LB build which ilmeans he cannot be much m8re than a situational pass rusher as a DE

MissouriSkin 05-03-2021 12:15 PM

[quote=SkinsGuru;1283101]exactly . . . i always said i prefer best player available of your teams 3 positions of biggest need. its a hybrid approach! lol[/quote]

Yep. It’s not like Davis and Cosmi were really outside the range of where picked. I’m seeing people say Davis was a reach...he was the 23rd ranked and we picked him at 19. I’m like, if it’s within even 10 picks at the bottom half of the first it really isn’t a reach. A reach is taking a fifth round rated talent in the first. I’ll say it all the time....people need to remember that the real draft is different than fantasy drafts. There was a guy on Extreme bemoaning the fact we didn’t do two separate trades to trade down for Davis, draft him at 23 and get “maximum value”. 🤦*♂️

MissouriSkin 05-03-2021 12:34 PM

Oh and there was another guy on Extreme demanding Ron and the whole front office be fired because we used a 6th round pick on a long snapper and he had Cheeseman rated as an UDFA. Called it the worst pick in NFL history. 🤷*♂️🤦*♂️

sdskinsfan2001 05-03-2021 01:06 PM

[quote=MissouriSkin;1283110]Oh and there was another guy on Extreme demanding Ron and the whole front office be fired because we used a 6th round pick on a long snapper and he had Cheeseman rated as an UDFA. Called it the worst pick in NFL history. 🤷*♂️🤦*♂️[/quote]

Well that is extreme! Site name checks out.

Pretty impressive that he was scouting long snappers lol.