View Single Post
Old 04-06-2021, 01:45 AM   #416
calia
Playmaker

NFL Free Agency Around the League

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...deshaun-watson

This DeShaun Watson story just keeps getting weirder. HPD is now investigating. The part that gets me:

Alright serious question. If you are representing basically a class action of massage therapists who felt violated by one man, why would you not feel comfortable cooperating with police? If their claims are legit, I would have no problem presenting all the evidence to HPD to see if criminal charges might apply.

I feel like with Watson, the truth is probably somewhere in the middle. There might be a few of these girls who had innocent interactions with Watson and are hoping to ride the money train, but I also think there have to be several who take their business seriously and were totally uncomfortable with Watson trying to hook up with them. The one story in particular about him getting an erection, then nutting on his stomach and the masseuse ending the massage and immediately telling the other therapist who gave her the referral (and her fam too) about it strikes me as true given the texts involved and the witness confirmation.

But Buzbee only makes himself look bad by saying he won't cooperate with police. It de-legitimizes their claims.

There are good reasons not to go to HPD - parallel civil and criminal proceedings are complicated. It makes it hard to settle, you may lose control over the ability to amass evidence (a witness can plead the 5th and you get nothing in the deposition), judges can require the criminal case to go first - there are many reasons. Now, there are some advantages too, and at the end of the day not cooperating is also problematic. But affirmatively pursuing a criminal complaint definitely complicates your civil case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.05172 seconds with 10 queries