View Single Post
Old 05-06-2019, 11:33 AM   #176
Warthog
The Starter

Re: Dwayne Haskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by kct1975 View Post
I totally agree with you both!

Keenum is not that bad and I personally see absolutely no reason to start Haskins at all this season.

Personally I would keep Haskins on the bench for at least a year and maybe work him into a few game this year if possible. But I would not make Haskins the Starting QB until next year.

As I mentioned, Keenum is not a bad QB, and the Redskins most likely won't be contenders this season, so I see not reason to push Haskins too quickly. My feeling is that with all of hopes of having a Franchise QB, I don't want to see Haskins thrown in too early and have him get injured or lose his confidence to quickly. IMHO, two of the problems that plagued RG3 were getting injured in his rookie season and then getting hit enough times where he got goosie.

Of course the biggest problem with RG3 was the owner fawning over RG3, and giving RG3 a sense of entitlement. But that is another story!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
RG3's problem is that he couldn't read NFL defenses and he never could play at the NFL level. Haskins needs experience and can get it best by playing. I just don't see how Haskins is going to learn a lot from watching Keenum or McCoy play. A compromise is to let Case play for 5-6 games then put Haskins in to finish out the season.

If Haskins wins out the preseason competition I just don't see how you can hold him back simply because he may get hurt.

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.04012 seconds with 10 queries