View Single Post
Old 10-29-2021, 12:19 PM   #180
JackLord
Special Teams

Re: Snyder to Stay on a Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I could go on about Cooke, I use to know a PR lady who worked w/ the Redskins. I have been in PR/ marketing for a long time. Some of it is second hand info but I believe it. She handed me a book one day that Cooke's secretary wrote. I think I still have it laying around somewhere. It was hilarious how he acted, how bombastic he was. He was so on top of his business but a real mess in his personal life.

I didn't know this but Cooke was one of the pioneers in cable tv. He sent John to middle of nowhere Wisconsin to lay down cable wire back in the 60's.

Anyhow I never felt that bad for John. He didn't get the team but he did get around 100 million dollars. He has a top of the line winery out in Middleburg.

I wonder how this thing w/ Snyder will turn out. At this point I would prefer that he stay on just cause a new owner means a lot more change. It could mean early ownership Dan all over again. Even though we are losing this is the most stable we have been in a while.
He made sure John got his hands dirty and learned the business. Nothing wrong with that. In his admittedly rare interviews, John does not disparage his father but has criticism for Snyder.

Anyway, sure, JKC was a very animated and bombastic character. What he was not was sleazy, petty, and inattentive. JKC's record speaks for itself- no contest.

As for Snyder, I think he will survive because there is nothing horrid that can be directly attributed to him. And I think what we have seen is what the future holds.

IMHO there is something we all miss in Snyder's character. Sure, he "wants to win" but who doesn't? More than that though, he loves the "BIG SPLASH" i.e. huge deals and publicity. He is hopelessly and perpetually intoxicated by hiring, firing, trades, acquisitions, and media attention, negative though it may be. I would not doubt that part of him loves this investigation.

God help us.
JackLord is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.05596 seconds with 10 queries