View Single Post
Old 05-06-2021, 07:40 PM   #21
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Re: Let's revisit the 2018 draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Second only to Aaron Donald? That might be stretching it. Top 10-15 for sure and if you factor in his age probably more appealing. I certainly agree that him being buried behind Allen and Payne overshadows his abilities. It is hard to find a top 15 anything that isn’t a starter. If Settle leaves at one point because of money I sure hope GM’s around the league hold him in as high regard as you do.
Unless I read this wrong and you are talking about Matty I? I would say the same thing about him i guess.
I would hate to trade Payne or Allen, but if we could trade one and re-up the other, and re-up Settle, that would be ok by me.

My preference would be to keep Allen and Payne. I'd re-up Allen now and FT tag Payne the 1st year after his contract expires. And re-up Settle. Then we have a couple more years with all 3. That's a lot of money for the next couple years, but worth it for the strength of our team. Then in a few years you will have flexibility to do as needed.

If we can keep 2 out of 3 for the foreseeable future, that is a win for the team.

Then you have to draft well again for a replacement.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.06242 seconds with 10 queries