View Single Post
Old 11-07-2021, 04:26 PM   #71
oldfan
Camp Scrub

Re: Do you think Rivera will successfully rebuild ?

I posted about Rivera being a stop gap coach. (Political hire, if you will.) I truly believe that. I don't have any idea who his replacement will be but either this year of next, he will be gone. I may not have much background in football but I have an immense background in business.

Snyder needed creditability. Rivera is well thought is around the NFL and gave Snyder that semblance of creditability. The real issues that had to be addressed were those in the management levels. Hiring Rivera created the perception that he was trying to turn the culture and team around. Note how the NFL and fans accepted that perception. Snyder was facing immense pressure from bad press, lawsuits and revelation's of misconduct. There were even media stories that suggested that the NFL was in the process of forcing Snyder to sell the team. (Yes the NFL can do that.) Snyder may be a lousy team owner but he is a smart businessman. Hiring Rivera was a business move, pure and simple.

I have been a Redskins fan (yes, Redskins) since 1945. Nothing is going to change that. I will still be rooting for the team when they play.
oldfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.05796 seconds with 10 queries