View Single Post
Old 06-10-2021, 10:19 AM   #7
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Lightbulb Re: WFT End Of Mandatory Mini's and Beyond thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Brandon Scherff was in the weight room last week when newly drafted offensive lineman Sam Cosmi joined him.

"I said, 'Holy s---, Where'd you come from?'" Scherff said, then remembered he was being filmed for television. "Sorry. Excuse my French. I just said, 'Jeez Louise, Where'd you come from?'

"He started laughing, but ... he's strong. And today he showed off his speed too."

Scherff noted that the players wear tracking devices that measure their speed, and said his new goal is to catch up to Cosmi.

The rookie from Texas has made an early impression on the coaching staff, one further confirmed when they felt good enough at the position to move on from Morgan Moses.

During first-team work on Wednesday, Cosmi mostly watched while Charles Leno worked the left tackle position and Cornelius Lucas worked at right tackle, but in an NFL season, there are always plenty of opportunities to play, especially on the line.

As for Scherff, he's the longest tenured member of the group now, and even though he's only playing this season on a franchise tag, he takes his duties as the veteran member seriously.

"I remember Thursdays after OTAs, it was a race to (Kory Lichtensteiger's) house, and we played volleyball and everybody got together," Scherff said of his rookie season. "Just bringing the team together like that, outside of football. You can get to know your teammates a lot more with just personal stuff and not football stuff, so you can become a lot closer that way."

As for his own contract, Scherff was tight-lipped, as usual.

"I'm hoping we can work through something and get something done, but that's between my agent and the team," he said. "I'm not worried about that. I'm worried about getting better these next couple of weeks and getting ready for the season."

https://richmond.com/sports/professi...7819e12f9.html

I was against tagging Scherff but in hindsight with Moses being released and Cosmi most likely being our RT, Im really happy we have the vet on for at least a year to play alongside Cosmi.
Totally picturing Maverick and Goose playing volleyball, but with an extra 150 lbs added on.

Maybe we will just win so much Scherff will knock his price down a bit so we can keep him.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.08059 seconds with 10 queries