Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum


The Playoff Thread

Locker Room Main Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2022, 12:29 PM   #496
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Buffalo NY
Age: 35
Posts: 33,125
Re: The Playoff Thread

Its because this fanbase is pissed off and tired of hearing "we are getting there" can't blame them
__________________
ďMediocre people donít like high achievers, and high achievers donít like mediocre people.Ē
― Nick Saban
skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-31-2022, 01:46 PM   #497
skinsfan69
Living Legend
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 15,794
Re: The Playoff Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Twitter has been brutal the last 24 hours or so. Too many people complaining that Ron doesn't need a 5 year plan, the Bengals turned it around in 2 years so why can't we? Well, if the next Joe Burrow is out there and we can get him, problem solved. If it were only that simple.
Ron should just worry about coaching the team. He has had two years to try and get a QB and has failed. He hasn't even drafted a QB in two years. That is inexcusable.

It's a offense first league and Ron drafts Jamin Davis and signs a wr that can't get on the field. smh..
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 02:02 PM   #498
GridIron26
Playmaker
 
GridIron26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Age: 33
Posts: 2,886
Re: The Playoff Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Ron should just worry about coaching the team. He has had two years to try and get a QB and has failed. He hasn't even drafted a QB in two years. That is inexcusable.

It's a offense first league and Ron drafts Jamin Davis and signs a wr that can't get on the field. smh..
That's unfair assessment, in my opinion. There was no legitimate opportunity for us to get a good QB in the last 2 years, Rivera had a chance to trade for Stafford and he tried but it didn't work out for us in the end.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 02:09 PM   #499
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Age: 55
Posts: 20,662
Re: The Playoff Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
That's unfair assessment, in my opinion. There was no legitimate opportunity for us to get a good QB in the last 2 years, Rivera had a chance to trade for Stafford and he tried but it didn't work out for us in the end.
We had enough trade options to move up for Mac Jones, possibly Fields though unlikely and the jury is out on him.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 02:09 PM   #500
MTK
\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NY
Age: 49
Posts: 97,727
Re: The Playoff Thread

Yeah remember when some said nah we're good, we don't want Stafford.

__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 02:24 PM   #501
BaltimoreSkins
Playmaker
 
BaltimoreSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Parkton, MD
Posts: 4,005
Re: The Playoff Thread

Donít forget Mills in 3rd. That would have been a great developmental pick
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 03:28 PM   #502
irish
Playmaker
 
irish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,476
Re: The Playoff Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Yeah remember when some said nah we're good, we don't want Stafford.

Haha. That what amazes me. This team hasn't had anything resembling a QB since Alex Smith broke his leg but whenever names are floated about they aren't wanted. The fans hate what they have because they suck but there's always some dumb reason why obvious upgrades wont work and we're good with what we got. Makes no sense to me.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 03:30 PM   #503
MTK
\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NY
Age: 49
Posts: 97,727
Re: The Playoff Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
Haha. That what amazes me. This team hasn't had anything resembling a QB since Alex Smith broke his leg but whenever names are floated about they aren't wanted. The fans hate what they have because they suck but there's always some dumb reason why obvious upgrades wont work and we're good with what we got. Makes no sense to me.
But people will drool over the likes of Mariota or Trubisky lol
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 03:42 PM   #504
Ruhskins
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 21,302
Re: The Playoff Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
But people will drool over the likes of Mariota or Trubisky lol
And we'll get them for the vet min, correct? Plus we should have all of this draft capital when we trade away the players that we don't like, which somehow would gather us any draft picks.
__________________
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 03:48 PM   #505
mredskins
MVP
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 11,321
Re: The Playoff Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Yeah remember when some said nah we're good, we don't want Stafford.

We would not be in the super bowl if we got him.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 03:58 PM   #506
MTK
\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NY
Age: 49
Posts: 97,727
Re: The Playoff Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
We would not be in the super bowl if we got him.
We wouldn't have only won 7 games either.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 05:46 PM   #507
Ruhskins
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 21,302
Re: The Playoff Thread

So with McDaniels going to the Raiders, there's a chance he may get rid of Derek Carr, the same way he got rid of Cutler when he went to Denver.

I would assume at this point it is too late for him to back out of being a HC, like he did with the Colts.
__________________
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 06:11 PM   #508
rocnrik
The Starter
 
rocnrik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,675
Re: The Playoff Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Yeah remember when some said nah we're good, we don't want Stafford.

I remember it well !! This fan base thinks that FRANCHISE QB are easy to get Ö From what I see even with the great front office teams it a gamble on most Rookie QBs .. for every Burrow there are 10 Haskins ,Rosen types ..Iíll bet dollars to donuts that there will be a couple QB in this draft that will he franchise QB Ö trying to figure out who is the hard part 😳
As far as Trubisky types .. Iím in if it cost no picks AND we draft a Rookie !! We canít go into next year with a rookie and Taylor .. I think Trubisky has potential to be descent and a very solid backup ..
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 06:16 PM   #509
Chief X_Phackter
Playmaker
 
Chief X_Phackter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lakewood, CO
Posts: 3,966
Re: The Playoff Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
So with McDaniels going to the Raiders, there's a chance he may get rid of Derek Carr, the same way he got rid of Cutler when he went to Denver.

I would assume at this point it is too late for him to back out of being a HC, like he did with the Colts.
Raiders would be dumb to get rid of Derek Carr, unless somehow they are able to include him in a trade for Russell Wilson.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 08:06 PM   #510
BaltimoreSkins
Playmaker
 
BaltimoreSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Parkton, MD
Posts: 4,005
Re: The Playoff Thread

Favorite tweet I saw today "William Jackson III gotta be sick" lol
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We have no official affiliation with the Washington Commanders or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.21327 seconds with 10 queries