Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Taylor Effing Heinicke

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Next year Taylor Heinicke will be...
Starting QB for the WFT 15 23.08%
Solid backup for the WFT 33 50.77%
Starter or backup for another team 2 3.08%
I have no clue 15 23.08%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-11-2021, 07:09 PM   #76
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Re: Taylor Effing Heinicke

Get Stafford. That's the move. Everything else is playing for 2nd place. Until Detroit clearly states he's not being traded, I'm kicking the shit out of those tires.

If Texans traded Watson (even if it's the right decision for them) they'd get absolutely lambasted. I don't see him being moved.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-11-2021, 09:34 PM   #77
ODUsmitty
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinzWin View Post
Okay. I do not want to hear the “Heinicke is small and frail crap anymore”.

Taylor Heinicke 6’1” 210 lbs
Drew Brees —- 6’0” 208 lbs
Kyler Murray — 5’10” 207 lbs
Russell Wilson -5’11” 215 lbs

As the pronounced president of the Taylor Heinicke Fan Club, I will not tolerate such slanderous lies be made about our quarterback of the future. He sprained his AC joint flying like Superman during a circus stunt. That is not a normal play. The kid is a very smart “5 read” guy who has demonstrated terrific decision making and great accuracy, even with difficult down the field throws. He is extremely familiar with this offensive scheme. He is mobile and can extend plays when needed.

Now taking applications for members.
Someone on here called me "Mrs. Heinicke" when, prior to the game, I surmised how Washington fans would react (in relation to the QB search) if Heinicke performed as I had seen so many times at ODU. So I guess, I am in, as well. Can I be the "Director of Cheerleader Fulfillment?"
ODUsmitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 09:42 PM   #78
MissouriSkin
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODUsmitty View Post
Someone on here called me "Mrs. Heinicke" when, prior to the game, I surmised how Washington fans would react (in relation to the QB search) if Heinicke performed as I had seen so many times at ODU. So I guess, I am in, as well. Can I be the "Director of Cheerleader Fulfillment?"
I think Snyder has that covered. 🤦*♂️
Old 01-11-2021, 10:21 PM   #79
SkinzWin
Playmaker

Quote:
Consider yourself fulfilled. 👇🏻
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Team Heinicke Fan Club
punch it in - CEO
SkinzWin - President
FrenchSkin - VP of Global Operations
ODUsmitty - Director of Cheerleader Fulfillment
Meks - Director of Marketing
SkinzWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 10:28 PM   #80
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Get Stafford. That's the move. Everything else is playing for 2nd place. Until Detroit clearly states he's not being traded, I'm kicking the shit out of those tires.

If Texans traded Watson (even if it's the right decision for them) they'd get absolutely lambasted. I don't see him being moved.
Stafford is the best option for this team IMO, Leader , Grit , big time arm still and he needs a new start.
Old 01-12-2021, 12:21 AM   #81
Meks
Pro Bowl

Quote:

As the pronounced president of the Taylor Heinicke Fan Club, I will not tolerate such slanderous lies be made about our quarterback of the future. He sprained his AC joint flying like Superman during a circus stunt. That is not a normal play. The kid is a very smart “5 read” guy who has demonstrated terrific decision making and great accuracy, even with difficult down the field throws. He is extremely familiar with this offensive scheme. He is mobile and can extend plays when needed.

Sign me up. Im a marketing director/sales manager in real life so I'd gladly join the cause.

Draft players around this kid and fucking let him play. Ffs you'd think we'd love to jump at the chance to look a gift horse in the mouth around here. Give the kid a chance. Bringing in a Stafford eliminates a potentially amazing future that I have seen enough of to know as previous stated - he has "it".. sadly we haven't seen "it" in so damn long (exclude rg3 he wasn't a real qb) that we won't settle for the.chance that we have something great and we need to.water this.seed to let it.fuckkng flourish.

Draft BPA/Need Need/BPA the whole fuckin draft and let the kid play.. we'd have won more than half the games Haskins started this year is Heineken was playing.
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 01:12 AM   #82
ODUsmitty
Camp Scrub

What confuses me is the Allen love. And excuse any ignorance shown by this post, but you have 5 quarters of Heinicke, 4 of which in a playoff game vs a motivated defense. Give me the BEST 5 quarters of Allen and let's compare.
ODUsmitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 05:16 AM   #83
AnonEmouse
The Starter

Quote:
What confuses me is the Allen love. And excuse any ignorance shown by this post, but you have 5 quarters of Heinicke, 4 of which in a playoff game vs a motivated defense. Give me the BEST 5 quarters of Allen and let's compare.
Allen didn't play badly, to me he's just average. He's like Trent Dilfer; given the right weapons around him (mainly a strong run game and a top defense) and he might well see you to a better than 8-8 record. But he's really just a backup at NFL level. He was only starting because Haskins stunk and healthier than Smith.

That's no reason not to being him back to compete for the QB2 (or 3) role as he knows the system very well. But right now I'd say Heinicke has the edge on QB2, mainly because he's shown himself capable of starting.

Heinicke has shown enough to at least compete for the starting role in camp but I don't see him winning it, and not least because there will still be that 'fragile' tag hanging over him. He's shown good in 1.5 games but he's also lost roster spots twice in the past through injury and then he got hurt again Saturday. He needs a bigger sample size and to stay healthy over a 17+ game season to prove he's long term starter material. Staff would be foolish to hang all our hopes on him right now.
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 05:59 AM   #84
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:

Yeah I posted those measurements in the other thread.
Mr President, can I be VP in charge of spreading the H to Europe ?

Envoyé de mon SM-J320FN en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 01-12-2021, 06:55 AM   #85
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Taylor Effing Heinicke

Quote:

I am a little hurt that I didn’t get considered for President of the fan club. I was actually talking him up before the game and I didn’t go to ODU.

Whatever though. Im in.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 08:39 AM   #86
MTK
\m/

Quote:

The guys you listed are all very good at protecting themselves when they run, and Brees doesn't even run. Size isn't my concern with Heinicke, it's the fact he manages to get hurt so often. Just looking at his wiki page:

On September 3, 2016, Heinicke was placed on the reserve/NFI list with an off-the-field injury suffered between minicamp and training camp. He was released with an injury settlement on September 11.

On December 25, 2017, Heinicke made his NFL debut against the Pittsburgh Steelers after Yates suffered a possible concussion. However, after completing his only pass attempt, Heinicke suffered a concussion and was replaced by Yates, who had just passed the concussion protocol.

On April 16, 2018, Heinicke was claimed off waivers by the Carolina Panthers. During the 2018 season he appeared in six games with the Panthers including being named starter for Week 16 against the Atlanta Falcons after starter Cam Newton was ruled out for the remainder of the season with a shoulder injury. In his start against the Atlanta Falcons, Heinicke went 33 for 53 for 274 yards, a touchdown and three interceptions. During the game he suffered an elbow injury and was replaced at quarterback by Kyle Allen. His injury was significant enough that he was placed on injured reserve for the Panthers final game of the year.
Old 01-12-2021, 08:54 AM   #87
NYCskinfan82
Playmaker

He definitely deserves a shot he's earned that inspite of his political views.
NYCskinfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 08:59 AM   #88
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Heinke would be a great backup for us. Probably more affordable than Allen.

My first QB move would be retiring Alex Smith, the easy way or hard way.

Second, would be getting Heineken under contract in a affordable 2-3 deal. Guy is a gamer, you don’t let that walk. He can heal up holding a clipboard behind our starter

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 01:24 PM   #89
skinsfan69
Living Legend

The cost for Watson would be too high. Depleting draft picks for one guy rarely works. Dak is not worthy of being paid like the best playing in the league. Stafford is starting to break down

How about we do out and find our own guy? Are we capable of drafting our own guy? Can we develop Heinike? Let's not hit the panic button on the QB. I would bring back Heinike, Allen and draft someone.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 01:42 PM   #90
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
The cost for Watson would be too high. Depleting draft picks for one guy rarely works. Dak is not worthy of being paid like the best playing in the league. Stafford is starting to break down

How about we do out and find our own guy? Are we capable of drafting our own guy? Can we develop Heinike? Let's not hit the panic button on the QB. I would bring back Heinike, Allen and draft someone.
That’s what I’m talking about. Can’t go crazy throwing money at FA’s. Next year, Allen, Payne, Settle and Logan Thomas contracts are coming up.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote