Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Snyder (the absolute worst owner in all of sports) to stay on a owner

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 07-28-2022, 03:55 PM   #511
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: Snyder (the absolute worst owner in all of sports) to stay on a owner

I'm expecting a whole bunch of nothing out of his appearance. We're doing the right things to improve our culture, we've addressed the concerns, I'm not involved in the day to day, blah blah blah.

Advertisements
Old 07-28-2022, 07:13 PM   #512
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Washington Commanders owner Daniel Snyder will participate remotely in a sworn deposition Thursday with the House Committee on Oversight and Reform, after he and the committee agreed on the terms of the interview following weeks of deliberations.

The committee announced the agreement early Thursday morning after negotiations involving attorneys on both sides continued late Wednesday night. Snyder is scheduled to give a voluntary deposition under oath on issues related to the team’s workplace at 8 a.m. Thursday without accepting service of a subpoena.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...tee-interview/

Im guessing the hearing is over by now or at least the Snyder's part ... imagine well get some leaks of what was said soon enough. I imagine it was all general language, using a whole bunch of words to never really say anything of detail or importance

Under oath .. didnt expect that, thats good.
Voluntary - seems like he can decide not to answer certain questions
Yop, that's pretty big. Congress compromised with him just enough to get more or less what they wanted while still giving him enough for him to show up: "ok genius, you're not being subpoenaed, this is voluntary...".

This probably won't create a massive change right now, but if they are conducting this deposition correctly, this could still create some pretty embarrassing moments for Snyder. And we need every single one we can get of those.
Old 07-28-2022, 07:17 PM   #513
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by calia View Post
Imagine if we made it to the Super Bowl. The support for any opposing team - literally any team - would be through the roof because no one wants to see Snyder hoist a Lombardi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is why I am so lukewarm to the team. God forbid if that ever happened he could hold up the Lomardi. After everything that he has done to this franchise he would get to bask in some kind of glory. I just don't want that, ever. I don't want that man to have any glory when it comes to this franchise.

I remember when he first got the team and started doing all his wild free agent spending. He would hold press conferences and put the 3 Lombardi's out for everyone to see- like that fucker had anything to do w/ them. That seriously made me mad.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 09:36 PM   #514
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

https://mobile.twitter.com/dansnydersyacht

LOL. Dan Snyder has someone tracking his yacht on Twitter.

Assuming he's on the yacht he testified from off the coast of Italy today. Gotta say - nice boat. If I ever become a rich asshole I'd like to buy one too.
Old 07-28-2022, 09:48 PM   #515
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post

Assuming he's on the yacht he testified from off the coast of Italy today. Gotta say - nice boat. If I ever become a rich asshole I'd like to buy one too.
Maybe those pirates from Somalia will hijack it.
Old 07-29-2022, 04:11 AM   #516
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:

Real nice boat , real nice!

https://www.sportscasting.com/dan-sn...-imax-theater/

It was built by the French firm Feadship, the company’s fifth-largest yacht at the time it was delivered to Snyder. Yacht Harbour lists amenities that include a commercial helicopter landing pad, as well as on-board facilities to golf and play basketball, football, and volleyball. There are eight VIP suites with 8K TVs, in addition to a large swimming pool.

But the most impressive amenity of all has to be the two-deck IMAX theater, the first IMAX cinema to be put on a vessel. The $3 million theater was Snyder’s “main request” according to Feadship CEO Jan-Bart Verkuyl.

He revealed that the 12-seat theater was so big that “the vessel had to be built around the IMAX.” Building something that met IMAX’s exacting standards wasn’t easy, and the manufacturers had to make sure the engine sounds wouldn’t bleed into the theater, while ensuring the movies wouldn’t be heard in the sleeping cabins.
Old 08-01-2022, 10:27 AM   #517
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Somebody here said it first, but how would you feel seeing Snyder hoist the Lombardi knowing all the despicable shit he's done?

I mean yeah I'd be happy for the rest of us, but it would be bittersweet seeing such an undeserving turd get rewarded for his shitty lifestyle and the misery he's inflicted on so many other people.
Old 08-01-2022, 10:31 AM   #518
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Somebody here said it first, but how would you feel seeing Snyder hoist the Lombardi knowing all the despicable shit he's done?

I mean yeah I'd be happy for the rest of us, but it would be bittersweet seeing such an undeserving turd get rewarded for his shitty lifestyle and the misery he's inflicted on so many other people.
I love us more than I hate Snyder. Give him/us the trophy. He could win 10 super bowls in a row, and he wouldn't be 0.01% less of a piece of shit.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 10:35 AM   #519
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:

Well said. In the end I'd feel great about a SB win and would celebrate for sure, but there would still be this nagging thing in the back of my head like we can't really be 100% proud of this franchise. There's still a stain as long as he remains a part of it.
Old 08-01-2022, 01:31 PM   #520
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:

Even if this the team somehow won another one I don't think I'll be all that excited. It's just not the same, it'll never be what it once was.

But we don't have to worry about that. This team probably won't even make the playoffs.
Old 08-01-2022, 02:21 PM   #521
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:

Yeah that was me. The only saving grace is that every single person in the world would be thinking the same thing… put that trophy down you little piece of garbage we could have had more without your ass.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 07:44 PM   #522
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Yeah that was me. The only saving grace is that every single person in the world would be thinking the same thing… put that trophy down you little piece of garbage we could have had more without your ass.
Could we make the promise that if it would ever happen, and some of us would manage to be in the stadium, we would start a WWE style "shut the f*ck up" chant the whole time Snyder was speaking?
Old 08-01-2022, 10:18 PM   #523
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Cheers to that brother.
Old 08-23-2022, 09:50 PM   #524
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

I'd urge everybody to listen to the segment from 50:30 of this episode of Al Galdi's pod.

He has a lawyer and former US Ambassador break out the possibilities of where we stand after Dan's Congress hearing, which took place on July 28th and lasted 11 hours and which we have heard absolutely nothing about.
Basically he's saying if it was a clear cut win for Snyder he would have been seen in camp, and probably would have issued a boasting statement, but we have no clue where he is... And if it was a clear cut W for Congress, leaks would have been made, but we heard absolutely nothing.

There's the possibility that no side felt like they scored a home run and both parties agree to not say anything about it... Or Congress could be waiting for Snyder to return to the US to subpoena his ass... All we can do is wait and see, but interesting insight.
Old 09-04-2022, 09:52 AM   #525
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

The curse of Dan Snyder strikes again.

If Detroit wins a playoff game sometime in the next 5 years (unlikely) we'll be tied for dead last in playoff wins in the NFL since the year 2000.