Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Washington Football > Locker Room Main Forum

WFT's Off-Season Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 04-07-2021, 05:44 AM   #751
AnonEmouse
The Starter

Re: WFT's Off-Season Thread

With his injury history I'd be surprised if Scherff just sits on the tag until next spring. A guaranteed long term deal now after another injury hit season would be security he doesn't have right now, especially with guarantees. I mean, he could be just looking at it like he's made a bundle already and every year is a bonus, but the way he plays says to me he wants to keep playing as long as he can (and maybe have a shot at Canton?). Personally I don't think he's being mercenary he just wants paying what he's worth. I agree with Chief, I think he was feeling out the market and once the draft is out of the way he may well get on the phone to his agent to get a long deal done.
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-07-2021, 09:00 AM   #752
ArizonaSkinFan
Camp Scrub

Check out the latest LSU allegation. Wow what a POS Guice is. Harassing a 74 year old security guard in front of his friends. Pure punk ass
ArizonaSkinFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 09:16 AM   #753
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Smokeshow

https://www.si.com/nfl/washingtonfoo...ms-coordinator
Old 04-07-2021, 10:18 AM   #754
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonEmouse View Post
With his injury history I'd be surprised if Scherff just sits on the tag until next spring. A guaranteed long term deal now after another injury hit season would be security he doesn't have right now, especially with guarantees. I mean, he could be just looking at it like he's made a bundle already and every year is a bonus, but the way he plays says to me he wants to keep playing as long as he can (and maybe have a shot at Canton?). Personally I don't think he's being mercenary he just wants paying what he's worth. I agree with Chief, I think he was feeling out the market and once the draft is out of the way he may well get on the phone to his agent to get a long deal done.
I wonder how many players who have been tagged twice have re-signed with the tagging team. I think it isn't a high percentage, after all the two sides have had 3 solid years of negotiating.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 10:22 AM   #755
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Sounds like an executive secretary role. They can be huge in the gatekeepee role.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Old 04-07-2021, 10:34 AM   #756
Monkeydad
Living Legend

That's fine. I just hope she's truly qualified. Sometimes it seems like NFL teams are trying to one-up each other when they're announcing hires. The fact SI uses her ethnicity as the headline instead of where she's from or what she's done is so telling of where the focus is. We don't hear that she was a recruiting coordinator from Texas A&M until the FOURTH paragraph.

"We hired the first woman coach".

"Well, we hired he first female lesbian coach".

"We've hired the first black executive".

"Now we've hired the first Latina executive".

Diversity and opportunity for all is great. Forced diversity for the sake of diversity isn't a recipe for success.

The NFL has always had a fascination with focusing on peoples' skin color. Just hire the most-qualified and stop wasting candidates' time with the Rooney Rule. There have been many men called in for an interview knowing they're only there to fulfil the interview quota and that they're not actually being considered for the hire. That's more insulting than not getting a call.

I can't wait until Arizona and Atlanta get punished by the league like in MLB.

So much focus on race...is racist in itself.
Old 04-07-2021, 10:39 AM   #757
MTK
\m/

Diverse and well qualified seems to be our theme lately. Good work by the WFT at least we're doing something right it seems. Wouldn't be surprised if we see the same theme play out with bringing in a new group of minority owners, if Snyder goes that route.
Old 04-07-2021, 06:22 PM   #758
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Wait there is actually a bigger talent pool to choose from than just white males? Interesting.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 09:15 PM   #759
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 11:07 PM   #760
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalper View Post
You mean reverse racism. These hires are all to placate the owners and play the PR game and help our turd owner look good given his past racial and gender transgressions. They are cynical public relations machinations and nothing more. There are qualified people with decades of experience and major gravitas, and we hire a 26 year old minority woman with NO NFL experience to a position that doesn't even really need to exist? Give me a break. This is so Snyder can wag his finger at anyone who criticizes him, or prevent such criticism, and that is the only reason. Snyder is never letting anyone have a stake in the team again. EVER.
This hire has 0 to do with Snyder. And it's a wise move regardless of ethnicity or gender. RR hired an executive secretary to help him stay organized. He may have had one down in Carolina, who knows. Nothing about this hire is worth stressing over, and also not worth the generated PR except in our country's current culture.
Old 04-08-2021, 07:10 AM   #761
skinsfan69
Living Legend

What gets me is women football coaches... roll eyes.

Or the girl kicker in college football. Just a bunch of garbage.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 08:17 AM   #762
MTK
\m/

Still work to do. Progress takes time and is often met with resistance along the way.

Last edited by MTK; 04-08-2021 at 09:50 AM.
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 08:26 AM   #763
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
What gets me is women football coaches... roll eyes.

Or the girl kicker in college football. Just a bunch of garbage.
Jennifer King is legit though, she knows her shit. It is annoying because they are pushing the narrative instead of it not being natural.
Old 04-08-2021, 09:34 AM   #764
rocnrik
The Starter

The nfl better watch out .. how dare they have actual competition and pick the most qualified player .. how dare they reward the person that works the hardest and makes the most sacrifices for the job ... I feel a lot of skinny ass slow people like me got jilted 😳😀... anyways itís a joke but makes you think about the business model the league has actually works to make each individual team as good as they can be UNLESS somebody who is not qualified tries to make decisions... hmmmm Dan you listening?? 😀😀
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 09:57 AM   #765
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Woman coaching or in roles with the org doesnít bother me at all

But because i follow science and understand biology, no woman can compete or should be allowed to compete in the NFL. Itís why we have ladyís tees in golf and why 15 year boys old soccer team beat the us female US national team in a friendly

Letís go Brandon!
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote