NBA Season 2013-2014

Other Sports

Old 04-30-2014, 09:51 AM   #61
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: NBA Season 2013-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
I think that's more indicative of what they thought of the Zards more than anything.
maybe. To be honest I dont think they really watch much of the Wiz. 2 guy who do watch and study the game is Sir Charles and Bill Simmons, they picked the Wiz. The media has gotten so water down with poor coverage and analysis it become more about the process and "that game" than the actual game on the floor.

It was pretty clear after game 2, Wiz were the much better team. You didnt need stats, talk, etc. Just 2 eyes.

There was a great read online last night about the evolution of the Mike Wilbon articles from the last week...they went from the Bulls getting the best draw possible in the Wiz and winning decisively too how much of a crap team the Bulls are. All were fairly poor in about every catagory

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-30-2014, 11:21 AM   #62
FRPLG
MVP

To be fair...the Wizards have been bad for so long and so consistently that it is hard to see them as anything other than awful. They were terrible last year with this same crew more or less (well a similar crew at least). And honestly they were so up and down this year that it is hard to square what they are now with even what they were 8 weeks ago.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 11:22 AM   #63
FRPLG
MVP

Imagine how good they'd be if Wall was a better shooter. Wall is great...he'd be transcendent if he could shoot just a little bit better.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 11:32 AM   #64
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
Imagine how good they'd be if Wall was a better shooter. Wall is great...he'd be transcendent if he could shoot just a little bit better.
he's never been a good shooter, so its something he is gonna have to work on, but this year he actually improved. He's developed a jump shot. He shot better than both Kyrie Irving and Paul George this year. Its a work in progress.

Nene on the floor is a big difference for this team.

He Gets Us
Old 04-30-2014, 12:14 PM   #65
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Great game by the Bullets last night. I still can't bring myself to call them Wizards! Those guys just played their asses off, running down every rebound and simply outhustled the Bulls. Good to see all the BS that this organization has gone through see some success.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 01:05 PM   #66
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by itvnetop View Post
Thanks man. You guys are in your annual dogfight with Memphis. They're just a good matchup with your elite squad.
They are so tough man, hopefully we can pull it off.
Old 04-30-2014, 06:33 PM   #67
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Looks for wizards post game coverage online, every headline about Sterling. *Sigh*
Lol yeah. At least we can remain excited about the Wizards moving on, imagine what would've happened if Silver hadn't come down hard on Sterling.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 06:39 PM   #68
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by itvnetop View Post
Hope that series goes 7 to give the Wiz kids some rest. I think we match up well with either of them. Atlanta spreads the floor well and Indy has the talent... but the Wizards have better talent than the former and Indy's been discombobulating. Can't look ahead to the ECF, however. One game at a time.

Oh and Nene straight up abused the DPOY this series.
Can't forget to mention how much I enjoyed watching a DC team advance in the playoffs using stout defense. Wizards beat the Bulls at their own game, not sure how many times I'm going to get to enjoy that in the future but it was nice to see it for at least one series. Sure both ATL and the Pacers will be tough, but I'm so happy to see our guys experience success in the playoffs, even if they don't get past the second round.
Old 05-05-2014, 08:25 PM   #69
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Come on wiz! Whewwwwww

#beatdownpacers

He Gets Us
Old 05-05-2014, 08:29 PM   #70
SirLK26
The Starter

To JGR81...

SirLK26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 08:34 PM   #71
SirLK26
The Starter

Quote:
Come on wiz! Whewwwwww

#beatdownpacers
Almost rooting for the Wizards just because so many Wizards fans are on this board. LOL. I have to say that the Wizards used to be just like the Jaguars to me...didn't love or hate 'em, just kind of irrelevant. With the Rockets out, I want either the Spurs or Pacers to win it all, so the Wizards won't have my blessing unless they get past this round.
SirLK26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 10:07 PM   #72
itvnetop
Playmaker

Quote:
Come on wiz! Whewwwwww

#beatdownpacers
Wiz kids with a huge W. Bradley Beal has arrived. Is this the best backcourt in the L?

Game 2, keep up the defensive intensity. Ariza doing work on both ends of the floor- going to be a hard decision when contract time arrives... he's going to get paid, but can the front office afford to keep him and Gortat (with Porter waiting in the wings)? Fresh legs probably made the difference in the rebounding category... step on their throats and don't let up.

And what the heck happened to Roy Hibbert? Did a teammate actually sleep with his gf? He's tanking the series for Indy.

my blather
itvnetop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 10:15 PM   #73
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Hibbert needs to go, he doesn't care. Kinda being a bitch. To many egos on that pacers team. Wiz don't get enough dap for their defense.

Team is straight ballin, n a groove. Yet people still sleeping on dem kids

He Gets Us
Old 05-05-2014, 10:41 PM   #74
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

I used to be a fan of Hibbert because of the GT connection, but now I'm just hoping Vogel keeps him in the starting lineup. No points or rebounds in 18 minutes? From a starter? Can't ever remember seeing a stat line like that before. There is definitely a long way to go in this series, but it's nice to see the Wizards stay hot out of the gate.

And way to go Bradley Beal! If this is Beal at 20, I can't wait to see what he looks like in his prime. His shot is so natural. Ariza ballin' on both sides today, I love the fact that there's so much to be excited about from the 'Zards. I really hope Wittman keeps up the intensity, I feel like that's going to be a key in this series. We gotta keep them from setting up their transition d if we want to keep getting open looks. Win or lose, I'm so proud of this team for coming together and really emphasizing playing as a team.
Old 05-05-2014, 10:49 PM   #75
itvnetop
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post

And way to go Bradley Beal! If this is Beal at 20, I can't wait to see what he looks like in his prime. His shot is so natural. Ariza ballin' on both sides today, I love the fact that there's so much to be excited about from the 'Zards. I really hope Wittman keeps up the intensity, I feel like that's going to be a key in this series. We gotta keep them from setting up their transition d if we want to keep getting open looks. Win or lose, I'm so proud of this team for coming together and really emphasizing playing as a team.
Beal's proving why the front office didn't trade him to OKC for Harden... and considering how little effort Harden plays with on the defensive end, I think they made the right decision. Plus Harden requires the ball in his hands way more than Beal, so it would have been a tough fit with Wall. Wall and Beal should grow together for a very long time.

my blather
itvnetop is offline   Reply With Quote