Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

The 2nd and 3rd Round Draft Picks/Prospects

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 04-22-2024, 09:31 PM   #1
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

While much attention (deservedly so) is paid to pick 2, what about all the picks in the second and third rounds? These 5 picks could really shape the team and the vision Peters has for the organization going forward.

Who do you want? Which positions you looking to fill?

My feeling is Tackle, Edge will be the focus in the second. Corner, Tight End and WR in the third.

Honestly, stick to the board and go BPA, don’t draft on need…we need talent everywhere anyways.

I’m most eager to see what first round grade prospect falls to us at 36 in the second round. Could Chop Rob, Kool Aid, Ladd McC, or Tyler Guyton make it too us?

Any players in these round you are looking at? If we are looking for a guy to sit behind Wagner for a year, I’d really like Junior Colson at linebacker.

Keim has repeatedly said we are going to add a TE early…who you like? I got no clue, the TE crop is kinda weak

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-22-2024, 10:08 PM   #2
nonniey
The Starter

Re: The 2nd and 3rd Round Draft Picks/Prospects

I think we won't have any 2d round picks on Friday and maybe only two 3rds.
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 03:00 AM   #3
That Guy
Living Legend

after QB, we need an OT that can play sooner than later, so that'll be the 2nd pick either late in 1 or early in 2 (if someone's there to get). I'd also like to get a true #1 CB, which probably won't happen if we're going QB 1, OT 2.

but yes, 3rd rounders start on teams, and our top 53 could use some work, so we'll see what we end up with.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 09:19 AM   #4
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
after QB, we need an OT that can play sooner than later, so that'll be the 2nd pick either late in 1 or early in 2 (if someone's there to get). I'd also like to get a true #1 CB, which probably won't happen if we're going QB 1, OT 2.

but yes, 3rd rounders start on teams, and our top 53 could use some work, so we'll see what we end up with.
I think we will actually trade up further than a late first. My prediction is the 10-20 range.
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 12:45 PM   #5
simbosargos75
Special Teams

Should be BPA every pick imo. I'd probably steer clear of DT and C, but even there dpth is good.

This team isn't good enough to worry about need.

--On Wisconsin
simbosargos75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 04:48 PM   #6
SkinnyGinger21
Camp Scrub

I agree with BPA for all of our picks. As much as I like a draft trade, I like our picks and what AP is building.

"In Peters we trust"
SkinnyGinger21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 06:01 PM   #7
jamf
Pro Bowl

SPEED!
I hope we go Al Davis and get all the track guys.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2024, 05:29 PM   #8
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
While much attention (deservedly so) is paid to pick 2, what about all the picks in the second and third rounds? These 5 picks could really shape the team and the vision Peters has for the organization going forward.

Who do you want? Which positions you looking to fill?

My feeling is Tackle, Edge will be the focus in the second. Corner, Tight End and WR in the third.

Honestly, stick to the board and go BPA, don’t draft on need…we need talent everywhere anyways.

I’m most eager to see what first round grade prospect falls to us at 36 in the second round. Could Chop Rob, Kool Aid, Ladd McC, or Tyler Guyton make it too us?

Any players in these round you are looking at? If we are looking for a guy to sit behind Wagner for a year, I’d really like Junior Colson at linebacker.

Keim has repeatedly said we are going to add a TE early…who you like? I got no clue, the TE crop is kinda weak
I'm not looking at any players in particular. I just think we should go best player available whenever we're on the clock...maybe trade one of our second rounders for some extra picks.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2024, 06:14 AM   #9
Darrell Green Fan
Special Teams

The day we have all waited for is finally here. Cant wait for tonight but still hate the new format. I still don't want to trade into the first for a LT, In Peters I trust and I want him firing as many bullets as possible, going BPA every pick.
Darrell Green Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2024, 08:21 AM   #10
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Outside of JJ Mac…I like a lot of Michigan prospects. Tackle, RB, nickel corner and their top WR are all guys worth taking a look at in the 3rd.

He Gets Us
Old 04-25-2024, 08:42 AM   #11
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Needs in tiers

QB - tier 1

OT/CB - tier 2

Edge/S/G - tier 3

TE tier - tier 4

BPA can change when you get to tier 3 You obviously cannot neglect QB and OT and to a slightly lesser extent CB. Forbes and BSJ might be elevated with coaching but they might be complete disasters.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2024, 08:52 AM   #12
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Needs in tiers

QB - tier 1

OT/CB - tier 2

Edge/S/G - tier 3

TE tier - tier 4

BPA can change when you get to tier 3 You obviously cannot neglect QB and OT and to a slightly lesser extent CB. Forbes and BSJ might be elevated with coaching but they might be complete disasters.
Just in reading the tea leaves on top 30 visits and per Ben Standig 49ers had a history of drafting out of their top 30 visits…just based on who they brought in…Tackle, Tight End and Edge seemed to be a focus as they brought in guys in that 2nd round -early 3rd round range.

You have to believe that WR, CB and LB is still a need.

Keim also hinted at maybe drafting 2 Tackles in the 2nd and 3rd as a possibility

He Gets Us
Old 04-25-2024, 10:25 AM   #13
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Just in reading the tea leaves on top 30 visits and per Ben Standig 49ers had a history of drafting out of their top 30 visits…just based on who they brought in…Tackle, Tight End and Edge seemed to be a focus as they brought in guys in that 2nd round -early 3rd round range.

Keim also hinted at maybe drafting 2 Tackles in the 2nd and 3rd as a possibility

Quote:

That is just my wish list , i knew I was forgetting something which was wr. I would put that in tier 3. I don’t think TE is an immediate need but would not be upset if Sanders or someone of that ilk is sitting there in the third round and we got them. We definitely need two tackles. LB is not a need this year but you don’t overlook one if he falls to you. End of the day I really just want QB, OT, and CB after day 2 and everything else is gravy. Rome wasn’t built in one draft.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2024, 12:11 PM   #14
EdmundDorf
The Starter

Quote:

It is interesting that they didn't bring in any WR, smoke screen or just no interest in drafting one before the 3rd round I wonder.
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2024, 07:01 AM   #15
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by simbosargos75 View Post
Should be BPA every pick imo. I'd probably steer clear of DT and C, but even there dpth is good.

This team isn't good enough to worry about need.
Preach.

2nd worst record in the NFL last year and somehow we're concerned about who to draft.

For the record I agree, not much need at DT. But there are very few positions on this roster that doesn't need a young talented rookie on a cheap contract.