The Most Fresh & Cordial Political Thread Ever

Debating with the enemy

Old 12-09-2021, 12:43 AM   #31
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Re: The Most Fresh & Cordial Political Thread Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post
I support Mitch McConnel and he is a conservative. Don't confuse conservativism with populism (ie Trump and the Trumpers). He's also the smartest politician in Washington (which is probably why he is the most effective).
See, this is why I couldn't find an image of you in our image guessing chain in the other thread, that I thought had any chance of being accurate. You're a wild card. I haven't talked to you enough to try to get an accurate read on you (by internet standards).

Now, I only "know" 1 person that supports Mitch McConnell, lol.

And no doubt he is smart, all of those guys/girls that have stayed in office forever are smart. But there are lots of smart people that don't use it for the benefit of others.

Edit - I found you...

That show is awesome and Charlie is awesome, this is a compliment, just in case it came off differently.

Last edited by sdskinsfan2001; 12-09-2021 at 01:03 AM.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-09-2021, 09:22 AM   #32
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
See, this is why I couldn't find an image of you in our image guessing chain in the other thread, that I thought had any chance of being accurate. You're a wild card. I haven't talked to you enough to try to get an accurate read on you (by internet standards).

Now, I only "know" 1 person that supports Mitch McConnell, lol.

And no doubt he is smart, all of those guys/girls that have stayed in office forever are smart. But there are lots of smart people that don't use it for the benefit of others.

Edit - I found you...

That show is awesome and Charlie is awesome, this is a compliment, just in case it came off differently.

Nonniey is easy…

punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 01:13 PM   #33
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Me approaching politics thread cordially…sees libs

Republicans always fantasize about being the big black one.

jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 02:41 PM   #34
MTK
\m/

Man this Fox news Christmas tree scandal is something else huh? Fox is all sorts of worked up and out for blood

If only they reacted with the same energy to the Capitol getting ransacked

Old 12-09-2021, 03:12 PM   #35
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Man this Fox news Christmas tree scandal is something else huh? Fox is all sorts of worked up and out for blood

The guy who did it is off his rocker, can’t believe he can do it and be on the street the next day. Guy is a loony

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 03:12 PM   #36
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:

Fuckin twats.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 04:18 PM   #37
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
The guy who did it is off his rocker, can’t believe he can do it and be on the street the next day. Guy is a loony
So are the on air personalities at FOX they make a good pair.

Last edited by Giantone; 12-10-2021 at 05:41 AM.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 04:33 PM   #38
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

https://www.foxnews.com/media/fox-ne...nne-scott-says

Well, less than 48 hours later they are gonna light another one in the 5 OClock hour if you would like to tune in.

He Gets Us
Old 12-09-2021, 04:34 PM   #39
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Lots of loons out there.

Had a moment yesterday with a drunk homeless guy.

Keep that head on a swivel, dont stop for any BS.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 06:40 PM   #40
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Since you bring up being off the rocker and on the street, I want to broach the school shooting in Michigan. Hearing that the school had a meeting with parents about a drawing of a gun and bleeding figures that says "the thoughts won't stop, help me. My life is useless. Blood everywhere." and they kept him in school is awful. This is a significant problem that we don't have more school psychologists and social workers, that schools do not have the authority to remove this student directly at the time of an incident like this (this is not exclusive to that school district, most schools just are not given that autonomy by state governments and local jurisdictions). I am actually glad they are charging the parents I hope they have evidence to support the charges but regardless this might be a turning point akin to when we started charging parents for serving teenagers in the basement.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 06:53 PM   #41
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
Since you bring up being off the rocker and on the street, I want to broach the school shooting in Michigan. Hearing that the school had a meeting with parents about a drawing of a gun and bleeding figures that says "the thoughts won't stop, help me. My life is useless. Blood everywhere." and they kept him in school is awful. This is a significant problem that we don't have more school psychologists and social workers, that schools do not have the authority to remove this student directly at the time of an incident like this (this is not exclusive to that school district, most schools just are not given that autonomy by state governments and local jurisdictions). I am actually glad they are charging the parents I hope they have evidence to support the charges but regardless this might be a turning point akin to when we started charging parents for serving teenagers in the basement.
I’m glad they charged the parents too..in fact I wish more parents would be charged when kids in their care, under the age of 17 commit gun crimes.

Parents should be held accountable

He Gets Us
Old 12-09-2021, 08:22 PM   #42
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:

The real interesting thing is that they apparently questioned Billy Joel and an acquaintance about their involvement in it. He confused the cops with his explanation providing random events on the origins of the fire.

He was questioned at the location of the fire where he tried to fight it.

Last edited by nonniey; 12-10-2021 at 12:04 AM.
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 08:36 PM   #43
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Not saying this is wrong, because I've never heard this perspective before. Genuine question, how would unelected congressional staff acquire more power from term limits?

In general, there are definitely way too many unelected people with way too much power on this country. So I wouldn't doubt above could be true to an extent. But would it be worse than getting life long teet suckers like McConnell, Pelosi, Schumer, etc., elected forever?
The way it was explained to me (this is the boiled down version) explanation is that Senators and Congressmen already rely on professional Congressional staff to navigate the Byzantian legislative rules and processes. Experienced members of Congress understand these rules and processes and are not dependent (or as dependent) on staff as are the newer members.

My friend painted a bleak picture of how powerful the staff currently is and how much worse it could be.
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 09:16 PM   #44
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post
The way it was explained to me (this is the boiled down version) explanation is that Senators and Congressmen already rely on professional Congressional staff to navigate the Byzantian legislative rules and processes. Experienced members of Congress understand these rules and processes and are not dependent (or as dependent) on staff as are the newer members.

My friend painted a bleak picture of how powerful the staff currently is and how much worse it could be.
I understand that, but any term limit legislation could also set limits on staffers service in Congress. Not saying they would be kicked out of government service just limited in the time on Capital Hill.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2021, 12:34 AM   #45
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Pick a side and read about the Congressional Budget Office's score of the Build Back Better Bill. Then read the other side. No wonder why we are so divided.

Watching a conservative show, shockingly I know, and even less shockingly, they talk about how expensive it will be and now we're finally all screwed.

Then I Google'd it, and the CNN's/etcs., tell me how it's all amazing and is basically free, and it's only evil republicans lying about it.

Neither are true.

Divide and conquer. Evil geniuses (for themselves). Politics now controls the MSM on both sides, and it's fucking terrible for our country.

That's my politics for the weekend.

Fuck Dallas!!
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote