Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Washington Football > Locker Room Main Forum


Coronavirus (sports edition) thread

Locker Room Main Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2021, 11:40 PM   #16
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Posts: 16,364
Re: Coronavirus (sports edition) thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
“Well deserved distrust” is as much as bullshit as any other…especially ages 40 and below.

Stop making excuses, it’s absolute nonsensical as minorities can’t get IDs for voting

Idk Chico. Minorities have been shit on somewhat over the years. Id say they have more of a reason to not trust the government.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-17-2021, 08:33 AM   #17
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 28,106
Re: Coronavirus (sports edition) thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Idk Chico. Minorities have been shit on somewhat over the years. Id say they have more of a reason to not trust the government.
It’s actually not. This is more white progressives speaking for minorities ala voter id fake excuse of poc “don’t have the ability to get ids” which have been repeated over and over. This is misinformation and a convenient excuse for Democratic run cities and federal government to explain their failures in unvaccinated numbers with the groups. The main reasons minority groups aren’t getting vaccinated are literally inline with white and other ethic groups. In Richmond the mayor said the main reason given on survey information within the city just a month or two ago was “busy, life got in the way” with concerns about side effects second. When you actually break down the data, poor folks…white and black..align but you know the media isn’t gonna push the truth…they rather divide people with racial, political false narratives. That sells.
__________________
2020 NFC East Champions

“The game plan is what the game plan will be”
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2021, 09:26 AM   #18
NYCskinfan82
Playmaker
 
NYCskinfan82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Queens, NYC
Posts: 3,803
Re: Coronavirus (sports edition) thread

if your saying these athletes should take the vaccine, i hope you've taken it yourself and not talking out of the side of your mouth. I've taken mine and i'm a person of colour. i trust the Scientist and Doctors just not sure about the people in control.
NYCskinfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2021, 10:23 AM   #19
Pervis_Griffith
Special Teams
 
Pervis_Griffith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Louisville KY
Posts: 420
Re: Coronavirus (sports edition) thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Shame as you would think Ron's health would make him more susceptible and they would do it for him.

Hopefully, Ron has been vaccinated. Which would make this point moot.

Unless the vaccines don't work. Which would make getting the vaccine pointless.
Pervis_Griffith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2021, 11:04 AM   #20
mooby
liberal snowflake
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 17,950
Re: Coronavirus (sports edition) thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pervis_Griffith View Post
Hopefully, Ron has been vaccinated. Which would make this point moot.

Unless the vaccines don't work. Which would make getting the vaccine pointless.
You can still get COVID with the vaccine, it just lowers your risk of hospitalization.

Imagine if Ron got COVID and had to step away from the team for two weeks to rest because half his players don't feel like getting vaccinated. It would be pretty fucked up.

Imagine if we had an outbreak and lost several starters and then lost multiple games because the NFL won't cancel or postpone any games, that would also be fucked up.
__________________
Hail to the Football Team
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2021, 11:09 AM   #21
mooby
liberal snowflake
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 17,950
Re: Coronavirus (sports edition) thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
It’s actually not. This is more white progressives speaking for minorities ala voter id fake excuse of poc “don’t have the ability to get ids” which have been repeated over and over. This is misinformation and a convenient excuse for Democratic run cities and federal government to explain their failures in unvaccinated numbers with the groups. The main reasons minority groups aren’t getting vaccinated are literally inline with white and other ethic groups. In Richmond the mayor said the main reason given on survey information within the city just a month or two ago was “busy, life got in the way” with concerns about side effects second. When you actually break down the data, poor folks…white and black..align but you know the media isn’t gonna push the truth…they rather divide people with racial, political false narratives. That sells.
This is that dumb shit you're always on, stop drinking the Faux News kool-aid Chico. Nobody is saying minorities deliberately don't want/don't have the ability to get ID's or any of that other dumb shit.

I literally work in a shop where minorities make up a strong percentage of my coworkers. Asian, Black, Latino. They have all said at various points they don't believe COVID is dangerous (the flu is more dangerous is a very common line) and they don't trust the government. Now am I saying that my generalizations should be applied to the majority of the population? No. But I see the same shit on FB and when that seems to be the overwhelming opinion for people who haven't gotten vaccinated I tend to believe that more than "I haven't had the time." The vaccine has been publicly available for months now, there is no shortage anywhere and no more lines to wait in. That line works during the first couple months when lines were outrageous, but you can't keep repeating it for months on end especially when you can be in and out in under an hour.
__________________
Hail to the Football Team
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2021, 12:29 PM   #22
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 28,106
Re: Coronavirus (sports edition) thread

Distrust in the government isn’t a big driver of the hesitancy. So if you parse demographics and immediately say “well this is because of the past” when you see the obvious low number in minority group…that’s being dishonest.

If their is distrust in government maybe Biden and Kamala saying they would be hesitant and not to trust the trump vaccine last year in the fall, maybe the abrupt and incompetent decision to halt the J&J or maybe the inconsistent cdc handling of messaging…this is more likely to drive distrust numbers in government.

Could you also imagine blaming social media on not hitting July vaccine goal. Jfc…amazing. Just imagine if Bigly would have threatened to censor social media…people would be losing their shit here
__________________
2020 NFC East Champions

“The game plan is what the game plan will be”
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2021, 08:46 PM   #23
Pervis_Griffith
Special Teams
 
Pervis_Griffith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Louisville KY
Posts: 420
Re: Coronavirus (sports edition) thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
You can still get COVID with the vaccine, it just lowers your risk of hospitalization.

Imagine if Ron got COVID and had to step away from the team for two weeks to rest because half his players don't feel like getting vaccinated. It would be pretty fucked up.

Imagine if we had an outbreak and lost several starters and then lost multiple games because the NFL won't cancel or postpone any games, that would also be fucked up.

It just lowers your risk of hospitalization?? Really?

That's not what is being communicated.


I seriously doubt that Ron is that worried about catching COVID from his players because I bet he got vaccinated. And I bet he was told something other than "it just lowers your risk of hospitalization" when he got vaccinated.

At some point, we need to realize that COVID will be here forever. And like the flu, it can kill you. But ... also like the flu ... chances are much much greater that it won't kill you. And that you'll feel like crap for a couple of days, and then be fine.
Pervis_Griffith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 04:10 AM   #24
SCRedskinsFan
Impact Rookie
 
SCRedskinsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Pawleys Island SC
Posts: 647
Re: Coronavirus (sports edition) thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pervis_Griffith View Post
It just lowers your risk of hospitalization?? Really?

That's not what is being communicated.


I seriously doubt that Ron is that worried about catching COVID from his players because I bet he got vaccinated. And I bet he was told something other than "it just lowers your risk of hospitalization" when he got vaccinated.

At some point, we need to realize that COVID will be here forever. And like the flu, it can kill you. But ... also like the flu ... chances are much much greater that it won't kill you. And that you'll feel like crap for a couple of days, and then be fine.

More than 10,000 people died of Covid in June. 99.2% of those had not been vaccinated. July’s numbers are likely to be worse…

Argument over. Get vaccinated.
SCRedskinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 11:35 AM   #25
mooby
liberal snowflake
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 17,950
Re: Coronavirus (sports edition) thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pervis_Griffith View Post
It just lowers your risk of hospitalization?? Really?

That's not what is being communicated.


I seriously doubt that Ron is that worried about catching COVID from his players because I bet he got vaccinated. And I bet he was told something other than "it just lowers your risk of hospitalization" when he got vaccinated.

At some point, we need to realize that COVID will be here forever. And like the flu, it can kill you. But ... also like the flu ... chances are much much greater that it won't kill you. And that you'll feel like crap for a couple of days, and then be fine.

https://www.nbc12.com/2021/07/12/loo...ed-virginians/

This is just a look at Virginia as that is the state I'm most familiar with.

Since January:
1k fully vaccinated Virginians have contracted COVID. 71 were hospitalized, and 17 died.

However, the total # of Virginians that have contracted COVID were:
"Out of 190,846 total COVID-19 cases, 189,783 cases were among people who were not fully vaccinated. That’s 99.4% of recorded cases since Jan. 21.

More than 6,700 of those cases resulted in hospitalization. Since January, nearly 2,430 COVID-19 deaths occurred among Virginians who weren’t fully vaccinated."

So yeah, you can still catch COVID. The odds of you dying from it if you're fully vaccinated are less than 1% but it can still happen. Would I bet on it happening? No. But I assume we're all here because we want this team to win, and with under 50% vaccinated they're only making it tougher on their selves to do so.
__________________
Hail to the Football Team
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 02:10 PM   #26
Giantone
MVP
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 10,282
Re: Coronavirus (sports edition) thread

At no point did anyone say these vaccines were 100% but they help way more than they don't .Get the effing vaccines
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.

Last edited by Giantone; 07-18-2021 at 06:21 PM.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 06:17 PM   #27
mooby
liberal snowflake
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 17,950
Re: Coronavirus (sports edition) thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
At no point did anyone say these vaccines were 100% put they help way more than they don't .Get the effing vaccines
In before "I don't want to take something that isn't 100% effective, get back to me when it achieves that rate."
__________________
Hail to the Football Team
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 06:23 PM   #28
Giantone
MVP
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 10,282
Re: Coronavirus (sports edition) thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
In before "I don't want to take something that isn't 100% effective, get back to me when it achieves that rate."
No vaccine is 100% effect on 100% of the population.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 07:13 PM   #29
mooby
liberal snowflake
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 17,950
Re: Coronavirus (sports edition) thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
No vaccine is 100% effect on 100% of the population.
#thatsthejoke
__________________
Hail to the Football Team
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 07:22 AM   #30
irish
Playmaker
 
irish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,278
Re: Coronavirus (sports edition) thread

The covid vaccine is showing an efficacy rate above 90%. The flu shot efficacy rate is around 60%. The bottom line is the covid vaccine works incredibly well and people should get vaccinated.

Unfortunately the Green Day song has come true, we are the Idiot States of America.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We have no official affiliation with the Washington Football Team or the NFL. But our culture is damn good!
Page generated in 0.10158 seconds with 10 queries