Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Washington Football > Locker Room Main Forum


Bucs Postgame

Locker Room Main Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2021, 12:07 AM   #31
sdskinsfan2001
Sponge-worthy
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 10,684
Re: Bucs Postgame

If Heinicke could magically grow to 6'1 and 200lbs I'd have zero problems going into next year with him as the starter. I just don't think he can hold up 16 games. Still need to draft a guy imo.
__________________
Cause you know, he would step across the line. Habitually. He's a habitual line stepper.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-10-2021, 12:08 AM   #32
Warthog
The Starter
 
Warthog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Doylestown, PA
Posts: 1,253
Re: Bucs Postgame

This was a very good game by the WFT. Taylor Heinicke looked very good for a guy with so little NFL game experience and time practicing with the first squad. I’d like to see him have a OPPORTUNITY to be the QB next season.

I have one big hope for the off-season:

The other NFL owners cast Snyder out and force him to sell. It is impossible to know whether there is MORE dirt or not, besides what has already been found and published by the WP. I DON’T think we will ever know!

If Snyder is allowed to stay, because there are not enough collaborated charges against him, I think the NFL will still make Snyder spend money to pay ALL the victims, get them to sign non-disclosure agreements to silence this scandal forever.

If Snyder is kicked out, I still think the victims will again be paid, and ask to sign non-disclosure agreements in exchange for the money. Either way, the NFL wants to keep this quiet.

I also hope Alex Smith will retire. He had a great story this year and went 5-1. He got them to the playoffs. But he’s not the future. He’s super-expensive as a backup QB. Let Heinicke and Allen fight for the QB spot. If they can get STAFFORD, then he’s the FA they need to go for.

If Heinicke wins the QB spot, this frees up the entire draft and FA to fill the other big holes on the team: WR, OL, CB, LB.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Four Combat Tours in Afghanistan, Iraq and Kuwait.

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 12:09 AM   #33
SFREDSKIN
Gamebreaker
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 12,797
Re: Bucs Postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
If Heinicki could magically grow to 6'1 and 200lbs I'd have zero problems going into next year with him as the starter. I just don't think he can hold up 16 games. Still need to draft a guy imo.
Without a doubt, from what I’ve seen Heinecken is better than Allen.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 12:09 AM   #34
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Posts: 16,112
Re: Bucs Postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
2 year at most, he had a great night but we’ve seen Cinderella stories before. I’d pump the brakes on him being QB1. He’s like 6 foot 180 pounds. Will have to gain some weight for sure


He played great against Carolina too. And like I said previously he has a real impressive skill set. Things you cannot really coach or teach. He seems to have the tangibles and intangibles.

On every other nfl team he tried to crack he was derailed by an injury or concussion. Coming out of ODU as an undrafted fa it is extremely hard to hold a roster spot when you are injured before you ever have a chance to prove yourself. The one team he was signed on with when he wasn’t injured was the Patriots in 2017 and they had a guy named Tom Brady. There is no doubt in my mind if Heineken went to a power 5 school he would have been on an NFL roster when this year began.
He is one of those guys that just never really got a chance to showcase his talents. He did for one quarter against Carolina and looked great. Got a chance to start tonight in a huge game and looked awesome. Im definitely on the Heineken train. This is not Colt Brennan. Lol. This guy is the real deal. You watch.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 12:11 AM   #35
Chief X_Phackter
Playmaker
 
Chief X_Phackter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lakewood, CO
Posts: 2,874
Re: Bucs Postgame

Defense let them down tonight. Yeah it's TB, but top 10 defenses don't allow 30+ points in big games like this. Dudes running wide open too many times, and Brady was barely touched all night.

I didn't see the # 6 ranked O line people were talking about either - haven't seen it all year. That PFF ranking is straight BS.

Heinicke is a baller. I would definitely consider him for the backup role, or the "bridge" QB if they draft their future QB.

Great season. Wish it wasn't over, but this is the first time in a long time I feel good about the direction this team is headed as the offseason begins. Still a lot of holes to plug though - QB, Secondary, LB, WR, O-line, and looking like RB too.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 12:15 AM   #36
Chief X_Phackter
Playmaker
 
Chief X_Phackter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lakewood, CO
Posts: 2,874
Re: Bucs Postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
He played great against Carolina too. And like I said previously he has a real impressive skill set. Things you cannot really coach or teach. He seems to have the tangibles and intangibles.

On every other nfl team he tried to crack he was derailed by an injury or concussion. Coming out of ODU as an undrafted fa it is extremely hard to hold a roster spot when you are injured before you ever have a chance to prove yourself. The one team he was signed on with when he wasn’t injured was the Patriots in 2017 and they had a guy named Tom Brady. There is no doubt in my mind if Heineken went to a power 5 school he would have been on an NFL roster when this year began.
He is one of those guys that just never really got a chance to showcase his talents. He did for one quarter against Carolina and looked great. Got a chance to start tonight in a huge game and looked awesome. Im definitely on the Heineken train. This is not Colt Brennan. Lol. This guy is the real deal. You watch.
That's my biggest concern. He's definitely a baller, but he may be too fragile.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 12:17 AM   #37
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Posts: 16,112
Re: Bucs Postgame

I just want to go on record as saying Taylor Heinicke will be a real good quarterback for us for the foreseeable future barring an injury. I know it is a real small sample size but he has “it”.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 12:19 AM   #38
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Posts: 19,114
Re: Bucs Postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
If Heinicke could magically grow to 6'1 and 200lbs I'd have zero problems going into next year with him as the starter. I just don't think he can hold up 16 games. Still need to draft a guy imo.
Wikipedia has him listed at 6'1 210lbs

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 12:19 AM   #39
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Posts: 19,114
Re: Bucs Postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
I just want to go on record as saying Taylor Heinicke will be a real good quarterback for us for the foreseeable future barring an injury. I know it is a real small sample size but he has “it”.
I think injury is his biggest issue.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 12:22 AM   #40
Meks
Playmaker
 
Meks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 4,079
Re: Bucs Postgame

I saw what I needed to see vs. Carolina, was beside myself when the kept.alex.in vs. Philly.... with #4 over #7 this year we.win at least 3 more games. Fucking build.around the kid for fuck sake.
__________________
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR

Heineken 2021!
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 12:22 AM   #41
Ruhskins
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 20,485
Re: Bucs Postgame

I think you have to give the TB o-line credit. They did a good job protecting Brady.

Our running game SUCKED. We couldn't run inside, and we needed a good running game.
__________________
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 12:22 AM   #42
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Posts: 16,112
Re: Bucs Postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
That's my biggest concern. He's definitely a baller, but he may be too fragile.


One injury was an off the field injury. He had a concussion. He had an elbow injury. None of which lingered, and that is over a three year period. But again when you are undrafted out of ODU it is really easy for teams to throw you out in the trash when you stub your toe. He is 6-1 210 pounds. He will be fine. I absolutely love the way he plays.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 12:23 AM   #43
Meks
Playmaker
 
Meks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 4,079
Re: Bucs Postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
I just want to go on record as saying Taylor Heinicke will be a real good quarterback for us for the foreseeable future barring an injury. I know it is a real small sample size but he has “it”.


He has "it" is God damn right. If we.dont keep him I will lose all faith in the franchise.
__________________
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR

Heineken 2021!
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 12:25 AM   #44
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Posts: 19,114
Re: Bucs Postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meks View Post
He has "it" is God damn right. If we.dont keep him I will lose all faith in the franchise.
I agree about IT. He seemed to make things happen. Who didn't think he had a shot to pull it out.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 12:28 AM   #45
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Buffalo NY
Posts: 30,398
Re: Bucs Postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meks View Post
He has "it" is God damn right. If we.dont keep him I will lose all faith in the franchise.

Ron said after the game “he definitely earned a shot to compete next year “

Also said “Alex wanted to go but it wasn’t fair to him with his calf to allow him in there”
__________________
“Mediocre people don’t like high achievers, and high achievers don’t like mediocre people.”
― Nick Saban
skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site has no official affiliation with the Washington Football Team or the NFL, we're just a bunch of fans talking football
Page generated in 0.18423 seconds with 12 queries