Washington Football Team Defense 2021

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 06-01-2021, 12:35 PM   #91
Pervis_Griffith
Special Teams

Re: Washington Football Team Defense 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
With a more credible/reliable passing game and a year under his belt, I'm looking forward to Gibson's sophomore outing.

YES.

Gibson's arc for improvement is sky high, given how little he has played the position. Add in last year's covid-influenced LACK of off/pre-season work, and I think his ceiling goes even higher.
Pervis_Griffith is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-24-2021, 03:39 PM   #92
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Old 06-24-2021, 04:18 PM   #93
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
My NFCE qb rankings:

1. Dak
2. Hurts - just for playmaking ability right now with his legs, he still needs work at throwing
3. Fitzmagic - he's consistently inconsistent. If he could be consistently above average he'd be #2 on this list.
4. Jones - he's obv. still a work in progress, but shouldn't be overlooked considering he's 4-0 against us.
LOL, your jones hate is interesting .

1) Dak , still the #1 in the NFC East but I am interested in how he recovers form the injury.
2) Fitz , He is streaky but when he is hot he is good and you can't be in the league this long and suck ,even as a back up.
3) Jones , Third year but his second with all the same coaches and system , add in while mobile and one of the best deep ball passers last year was never suppose to be the #1 rusher on the team. Better weapons this is his make it or break it year.
4) Hurts , the Eagle will wreck him and their #1 pic.
Old 06-24-2021, 04:36 PM   #94
SunnySide
Playmaker

Hurts may be the worst starting QB week 1.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 07:17 PM   #95
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
LOL, your jones hate is interesting .

1) Dak , still the #1 in the NFC East but I am interested in how he recovers form the injury.
2) Fitz , He is streaky but when he is hot he is good and you can't be in the league this long and suck ,even as a back up.
3) Jones , Third year but his second with all the same coaches and system , add in while mobile and one of the best deep ball passers last year was never suppose to be the #1 rusher on the team. Better weapons this is his make it or break it year.
4) Hurts , the Eagle will wreck him and their #1 pic.
You're late to this thread by a country mile but I'll take the L.

You guys are shitting on Jalen Hurts and I do not have the energy to disagree. I thought he showed promise in our games against them last year. Apparently everybody has already concluded he's crap.

I take the L on this one. Jones is 3rd despite leading the league in turnovers since he became a starter (if I'm remembering correctly, feel free to dispute me on that) and Hurts is 4th. Congratulations.
Old 09-20-2021, 05:57 PM   #96
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Ron Rivera: WFT's defense has been 'so disappointing' at times

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington...pointing-times
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 06:13 PM   #97
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
Ron Rivera: WFT's defense has been 'so disappointing' at times

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington...pointing-times
"Then you see things and go, 'Man, that is so not us,'" Rivera continued. "'That is so disappointing. That is almost immature.' Again, that's just us growing and learning."

It's really nice to know me and Ron are on the same page about the performance of our D so far.
Old 09-27-2021, 11:32 AM   #98
SunnySide
Playmaker

Im somewhat confused on our coverage. I thought we played LOTS of man last year. We brought in Jackson who is a physical corner and drafted long armed St Juste.

it seemed like we were targeting guys to jam at the line, play aggressive man thinking Qbs wont have more than 3-4 seconds to get rid of the ball bc of our pass rush.

but it seems like on 3rd and longs (and a lot of situational plays) our corners are playing off and soft. Id guess the goal is keep the receiver in front of them and in front of the sticks and drive on any passes in front of them.

are we playing corners man outside, LBs playing zone middle?

I think Keim tweeted yesterday Jamin Davis was replacing Bostic in nickle package yesterday but I saw a lot of Bostic in those situations.

If anyone comes across an in-depth breakdown of our D id love to read it.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 11:34 AM   #99
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Lake Lewis " There is not heart right now with this team"
Old 09-27-2021, 12:03 PM   #100
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Im somewhat confused on our coverage. I thought we played LOTS of man last year. We brought in Jackson who is a physical corner and drafted long armed St Juste.

it seemed like we were targeting guys to jam at the line, play aggressive man thinking Qbs wont have more than 3-4 seconds to get rid of the ball bc of our pass rush.

but it seems like on 3rd and longs (and a lot of situational plays) our corners are playing off and soft. Id guess the goal is keep the receiver in front of them and in front of the sticks and drive on any passes in front of them.

I think Keim tweeted yesterday Jamin Davis was replacing Bostic in nickle package yesterday but I saw a lot of Bostic in those situations.

I found this about last year: https://www.hogshaven.com/2021/5/31/...g-to-get-scary

According to article in 2020 zone heavy with over 62% of coverage snaps in zone.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 01:42 PM   #101
EdmundDorf
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post

So are our defense.

Jamin Davis actually played more snaps than Bostic apparently, you probably didn't see him because they must have noticed that Bostic wasn't there an went elsewhere for their complementary completions.
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 01:51 PM   #102
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmundDorf View Post
So are our defense.

Jamin Davis actually played more snaps than Bostic apparently, you probably didn't see him because they must have noticed that Bostic wasn't there an went elsewhere for their complementary completions.
Let's hope it continues to trend that way.
Old 09-27-2021, 02:37 PM   #103
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmundDorf View Post
So are our defense.

Exactly
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 04:59 PM   #104
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Interesting read: https://www.hogshaven.com/2021/9/27/...ne-dimensional

Bostic was on XM after the Giants game basically said the defense goal was to make teams one dimensional by stopping the run. Kind of odd mindset if true and Bostic isn't confused. For starters most teams are far more pass heavy. Stopping the run is basically trying to control a drippy faucet when you have a pipe burst in the basement. The reading has some other good info about that as a flawed approach. Average yards per a play is 2/3 less for rushing plays vs passing etc.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 05:48 PM   #105
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
Interesting read: https://www.hogshaven.com/2021/9/27/...ne-dimensional

Bostic was on XM after the Giants game basically said the defense goal was to make teams one dimensional by stopping the run. Kind of odd mindset if true and Bostic isn't confused. For starters most teams are far more pass heavy. Stopping the run is basically trying to control a drippy faucet when you have a pipe burst in the basement. The reading has some other good info about that as a flawed approach. Average yards per a play is 2/3 less for rushing plays vs passing etc.
Well at least they have goals, but they haven't stopped anything yet.

Rushing yards/game allowed: 26th
Passing yards/game allowed: 29th
Total Rushing yards/game allowed: 31st
Points/game allowed: 29th