Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy


To 2021 and Beyond .... current politics

Debating with the enemy


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2021, 11:13 AM   #76
sdskinsfan2001
Sponge-worthy
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 10,657
Re: To 2021 and Beyond .... current politics

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
1. The whoa is me conservative thing ... im going to be mean .. but get over yourself. Like democrats arent called China loving, socialist traitor racist baiters. Yet were called the snow flakes.

Everyone is called something. Conservatives need to drop the victim mentality, whoa is me shit. It makes you look weak. if I was a conservative I would stop worrying about what some whack job like Kathy Griffin might say about me. I certainly dont give two shits about what some dumb ass like Kid Rock thinks about me or democrats.

2. What would you say if military reports and top brass HAVE ALREADY SAID having LGBT in the military doesnt effect performance? Do you think if there was report after report done all coming to the same conclusion it doesnt .. would Trump and apparently you completely ignore the fact that study and reports have already be done on this?

You hypothetically accuse democrats that we would ignore reports if it said it would effect military performance ... but completely overlook the fact that YOU YOURSELF in the real world and not in some hypothetical have done what you would accuse us of.

Why do you care if gay or transgender people are in the military. Youre not in the military so how does it effect you?

Very "libertarian" of you by the way ... to impose your personal view points on others. Restricting other people that in no way infringe upon your own personal life. Conservatives have distorted the libertarian party by picking and choosing what libertarian policies they like while ignoring others. They think screaming "limited government!" doesnt mean no borders, no immigration laws, no rules keeping gays out of military, woman has right to choose. But yall hear "limited government" and come running over like a herd of cattle responding to a cattle call.

It means limited government and personal freedom in all things for all people .... not just the social policies you happen to agree with. Its not a salad bar you get to pick and choose from.

You cant be libertarian and be against open borders. FYI ... its like one of the foundational pillars of libertarian .. every person is a free person unto themselves. You cant be libertarian and be for rules restricting rights of any person including LGBT and immigrants etc .. bc libertarians see every person as a person with the same rights as you.

Yeah ... libertarian .. its harder than you think but so easy to say "hey im a libertarian, Im above the republican and democrat infighting because you all are the same people but not me, im smarter ... Im a libertarian!"

/asshole rant over .. sorry had to get that off my chest. i feel better.
A lot to unpack here if I had all day to respond piece by piece.

Commenting on it is not the same as "whoaing" over it. Didn't say liberals weren't called names.

I literally said "we", as in including myself, when talking about conservatives, you even commented on it.

Then at the end of your post, you accuse me of saying that I use being a libertarian to pretend like I'm smarter than anyone and talking everyone about everyone from my glass house. Is SunnySide having cake and eating it too? I am not smarter than anyone here. I'm conservative 1st and libertarian 2nd.

I can't be? Lol. Yes sir. Thanks for clarifying for me what I can think. I'll re-register again asap. I'll have to register as independent or create my own party then, so I can think freely for myself.

I never said I'm against anyone being in the military. I merely referenced that even if 100% of all military leaders past and present were against any group being in the military, democrats would still force it anyways, if it was part of their voting block/strategy.
__________________
Cause you know, he would step across the line. Habitually. He's a habitual line stepper.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-27-2021, 11:19 AM   #77
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 27,769
Re: To 2021 and Beyond .... current politics

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
This low-effort shitpost is embarrassing Chico. Why even say anything if you can't come close to a real reason transgender troops shouldn't be allowed to serve?
Definitely a strawman, don’t get mad when I point it out.

As a separate issue, people who fight science and/or science deniers are clowns especially when it comes to biological sex. Conservatives didn’t create the only X and Y chromosomes to own libs...yet some see it that way.

This is the concern

To maintain a military force that is worldwide deployable and combat effective, the military must set high standards, and all military members must sacrifice to meet these standards. In fact, just over 70 percent of prime military-age Americans cannot meet the military's standards.

Anyone who meets military standards without special accommodations can and should be able to serve — this includes transgender persons.

Persons with a history of gender dysphoria — a serious medical condition — and who have undergone certain medical treatment for gender dysphoria, such as cross-sex hormone therapy or sex reassignment surgery, or are unwilling or unable to meet the standards associated with their biological sex, could adversely impact unit readiness and combat effectiveness.


It’s not about the person but team...like ball.
__________________
2020 NFC East Champions

“The game plan is what the game plan will be”
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 11:21 AM   #78
SunnySide
The Starter
 
SunnySide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 2,138
Re: To 2021 and Beyond .... current politics

"the smarter than everyone else" .. is probably weak projection from me and not about you, more reflective of my own views and issues of the libertarian party. I am a bitter ex libertarian. I apologize for that. Biggest reason was people picking and choosing when to wear the "libertarian" hat and the neo conservative take over followed by the libertarian party going from personal choice to "states rights" on abortion so they didnt turn away all the attention they were getting from neo conservatives bc libertarian party wants numbers more than anything.

I stand by the military report thing though. google the issue. you do accuse us of the exact thing you have apparently done. ignored reports that dont fit your predisposed view.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 11:25 AM   #79
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 27,769
Re: To 2021 and Beyond .... current politics

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
1. The whoa is me conservative thing ... im going to be mean .. but get over yourself. Like democrats arent called China loving, socialist traitor racist baiters. Yet were called the snow flakes.

Everyone is called something. Conservatives need to drop the victim mentality, whoa is me shit. It makes you look weak. if I was a conservative I would stop worrying about what some whack job like Kathy Griffin might say about me. I certainly dont give two shits about what some dumb ass like Kid Rock thinks about me or democrats.

2. What would you say if military reports and top brass HAVE ALREADY SAID having LGBT in the military doesnt effect performance? Do you think if there was report after report done all coming to the same conclusion it doesnt .. would Trump and apparently you completely ignore the fact that study and reports have already be done on this?

You hypothetically accuse democrats that we would ignore reports if it said it would effect military performance ... but completely overlook the fact that YOU YOURSELF in the real world and not in some hypothetical have done what you would accuse us of.

Why do you care if gay or transgender people are in the military. Youre not in the military so how does it effect you?

Very "libertarian" of you by the way ... to impose your personal view points on others. Restricting other people that in no way infringe upon your own personal life. Conservatives have distorted the libertarian party by picking and choosing what libertarian policies they like while ignoring others. They think screaming "limited government!" doesnt mean no borders, no immigration laws, no rules keeping gays out of military, woman has right to choose. But yall hear "limited government" and come running over like a herd of cattle responding to a cattle call.

It means limited government and personal freedom in all things for all people .... not just the social policies you happen to agree with. Its not a salad bar you get to pick and choose from.

You cant be libertarian and be against open borders. FYI ... its like one of the foundational pillars of libertarian .. every person is a free person unto themselves. You cant be libertarian and be for rules restricting rights of any person including LGBT and immigrants etc .. bc libertarians see every person as a person with the same rights as you.

Yeah ... libertarian .. its harder than you think but so easy to say "hey im a libertarian, Im above the republican and democrat infighting because you all are the same people but not me, im smarter ... Im a libertarian!"

/asshole rant over .. sorry had to get that off my chest. i feel better.
People who don’t recognize China as an evil, totalitarian government which is responsible for the coronavirus, a current genocide, imposing slavery and have active concentration camps are simply pieces of shit.

If Biden goes soft on China he is a piece of shit and a lying hypocrite. Own it.

Do you support a weak policy on China?

I’m blown away that supposed woke mfer’s would actually think current slavery is fine...it’s hypocrisy at its zenith.
__________________
2020 NFC East Champions

“The game plan is what the game plan will be”
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 11:26 AM   #80
sdskinsfan2001
Sponge-worthy
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 10,657
Re: To 2021 and Beyond .... current politics

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
"the smarter than everyone else" .. is probably weak projection from me and not about you, more reflective of my own views and issues of the libertarian party. I am a bitter ex libertarian. I apologize for that. Biggest reason was people picking and choosing when to wear the "libertarian" hat and the neo conservative take over followed by the libertarian party going from personal choice to "states rights" on abortion so they didnt turn away all the attention they were getting from neo conservatives bc libertarian party wants numbers more than anything.

I stand by the military report thing though. google the issue. you do accuse us of the exact thing you have apparently done. ignored reports that dont fit your predisposed view.
I get that. The libertarian party is not 100% in line with all of my beliefs, but it's closer than republican or democrat at this time. Definitely when it comes to military intervention. Never going to match up perfectly if you are registered under any party.

The whole country would probably be better if there were no parties and we were all "registered" as independents.

I didn't specifically name any group or say that anyone shouldn't be in the military. I made a blanket statement (not that that's better) about it, even if reports said the exact opposite, I don't believe it would matter. Anyone that serves in the military has more guts than me, and I salute them 100%.
__________________
Cause you know, he would step across the line. Habitually. He's a habitual line stepper.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 11:35 AM   #81
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 27,769
Re: To 2021 and Beyond .... current politics

For the record...Sunnyside rants are epic
__________________
2020 NFC East Champions

“The game plan is what the game plan will be”
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 11:41 AM   #82
sdskinsfan2001
Sponge-worthy
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 10,657
Re: To 2021 and Beyond .... current politics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
For the record...Sunnyside rants are epic
I could be wrong, but I think me and Sunny have a lot in common when it comes to discussing politics. We try to hold our water, then 1 day, the dam breaks, and we start over.

I hate you politics, but I cannot resist you.
__________________
Cause you know, he would step across the line. Habitually. He's a habitual line stepper.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 12:12 PM   #83
SunnySide
The Starter
 
SunnySide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 2,138
Re: To 2021 and Beyond .... current politics

SD - i appreciate your ability to not take things personal when I get pissy and personal. sometimes im the asshole i love to hate, if that makes sense.

cheers and sorry
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 12:20 PM   #84
sdskinsfan2001
Sponge-worthy
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 10,657
Re: To 2021 and Beyond .... current politics

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
SD - i appreciate your ability to not take things personal when I get pissy and personal. sometimes im the asshole i love to hate, if that makes sense.

cheers and sorry


No worries. Politics has the ability to make all of us say/act/etc outside of how we do outside of politics. I'd gladly grab a beer with any of you liberal bastards lol.

We have a lot of good people here, yourself included, that's why this is such a great site.
__________________
Cause you know, he would step across the line. Habitually. He's a habitual line stepper.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 12:50 PM   #85
Giantone
MVP
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 10,066
Re: To 2021 and Beyond .... current politics

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Say anything G1 doesn't like, G1 immediately Trump shames you. He isn't president anymore. I moved on in November. These type comments have zero meaning to me. You do you baby!
LOL. keep lying to yourself. You ,chico and cred aren't close to moving on.........all three of you are still in mourning. You can say what you want but your posts say different.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 12:52 PM   #86
Giantone
MVP
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 10,066
Re: To 2021 and Beyond .... current politics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
For the record...Sunnyside rants are epic
You could learn from him.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 01:00 PM   #87
sdskinsfan2001
Sponge-worthy
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 10,657
Re: To 2021 and Beyond .... current politics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
LOL. keep lying to yourself. You ,chico and cred aren't close to moving on.........all three of you are still in mourning. You can say what you want but your posts say different.
__________________
Cause you know, he would step across the line. Habitually. He's a habitual line stepper.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 01:04 PM   #88
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Posts: 19,078
Re: To 2021 and Beyond .... current politics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
LOL. keep lying to yourself. You ,chico and cred aren't close to moving on.........all three of you are still in mourning. You can say what you want but your posts say different.
Your comprehension is so lacking. I am looking forward (and have said several times) to several parts of the social agenda moving forward. LGBTQ rights and drug legalization are two of them. I also am good to see the minimum wage raised, and would like to see higher tax hits on those making over 1M per year.

The only person on this site fixated on Trump is you, in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 04:19 PM   #89
Giantone
MVP
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 10,066
Re: To 2021 and Beyond .... current politics

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Your comprehension is so lacking. I am looking forward (and have said several times) to several parts of the social agenda moving forward. LGBTQ rights and drug legalization are two of them. I also am good to see the minimum wage raised, and would like to see higher tax hits on those making over 1M per year.

The only person on this site fixated on Trump is you, in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
LOL, then you're not reading the posts by chico ..................
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 04:53 PM   #90
SunnySide
The Starter
 
SunnySide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 2,138
Re: To 2021 and Beyond .... current politics

The Biden administration's attempt to put a 100-day pause on deportations hit a wall when a federal court granted a temporary restraining order in a lawsuit brought by the state of Texas.

U.S. District Court Judge Drew B. Tipton stated in a Tuesday order that the directive from acting Homeland Security Secretary David Pekoske that halted removing those who already had final orders of removal against them appeared to run afoul of the Administrative Procedure Act, which governs how federal agencies conduct rulemaking. The same law was used to block a number of Trump administration actions as well.

"The Court finds that, by ordering a 100-day pause on all removals of aliens already subject to a final order of removal, it appears that the January 20 Memorandum is clearly not in accordance with, or is in excess of, the authority accorded to the Attorney General pursuant to 8 U.S.C. § 1231(a)(1)(A)."
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bid...procedures-act

The Senate, split 50-50 between Democrats and Republicans, is moving forward with a power-sharing agreement after Minority Leader Mitch McConnell relented on an ultimatum over filibuster rules.

Majority Leader Charles E. Schumer and McConnell had been in a standoff that had the potential to hobble President Joe Biden’s agenda and stymie legislative action.

“I am glad the Republican leader finally relented, and we can move forward now to organize the Senate, set up committees chairs and ranking members, and a process for moving bills and nominees to the floor from committees with an evenly divided number of members,” Schumer said on the floor Tuesday. “I’m glad we’re finally able to get the Senate up and running. My only regret is that it took so long.”

The Senate has been operating without a deal, which froze committees from the previous Congress with Republicans holding the majority and all chairmanships. That left Schumer in charge of the floor, while GOP committee heads, or at least those who did not retire and are still around, continued to run their panels.

The agreement, text of which has not yet been released, is modeled after the rules that governed the chamber the last time it was tied in 2001.
https://www.rollcall.com/2021/01/26/...ibuster-fight/

Courts freezing executive orders -- im fine with it as long as there is merit to the courts ruling. Judge/forum shopping is a problem on both sides. Good for goose, good for the gander. Dems cant rightly complain but im sure they will.

I imagine republicans wont be screaming "judicial activism" on this like they did previous years.

---

Power sharing - yay. now go to your committees, give salacious quotes to reporters but dont actually do anything legislative bc were 50-50. Perhaps pass some budget reconciliation stuff once a year, definitely seat judges .. but no legislation.

Its going to be quiet 2 years. Sure there will be lots of Ted Cruz and AOC headlines .. but nothing of actual substance can get passed. Besides hot air and perhaps some more covid.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site has no official affiliation with the Washington Football Team or the NFL, we're just a bunch of fans talking football
Page generated in 0.46779 seconds with 10 queries