Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Washington Football > Locker Room Main Forum


Come up with a new name for the Redskins

Locker Room Main Forum


View Poll Results: Pick a new name
Warriors 24 26.37%
Redwolves 41 45.05%
Redtails 3 3.30%
Redhawks 5 5.49%
Redhogs 5 5.49%
other 13 14.29%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2021, 09:10 AM   #1066
FrenchSkin
Playmaker
 
FrenchSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 3,414
Re: Come up with a new name for the Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I wonder what they will do if fans show up in Redskins gear. Will they ban them too? SMFH. What a joke.
There you go, from the team's website:

"We are excited to welcome everyone back wearing their Burgundy & Gold. However, Native American inspired ceremonial headdresses or face paint may no longer be worn into the stadium."

So no definitely no banning Redskins gear...
__________________
Proud Ambassador of the Redskins French Nation
Team Heinicke Fan Club VP of Global Operations
FrenchSkin is online now   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-05-2021, 09:33 AM   #1067
BaltimoreSkins
Playmaker
 
BaltimoreSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Parkton, MD
Posts: 3,161
Re: Come up with a new name for the Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
How many people actually show up to games with a headdress and face paint anyway? I'm guessing this impacts very few people.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4Gyv5dXeOs
BaltimoreSkins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 09:36 AM   #1068
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Buffalo NY
Age: 34
Posts: 30,803
Re: Come up with a new name for the Redskins

Honestly can you blame the team?
__________________
“Mediocre people don’t like high achievers, and high achievers don’t like mediocre people.”
― Nick Saban
skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 09:39 AM   #1069
MTK
\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NY
Age: 48
Posts: 96,226
Re: Come up with a new name for the Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
haha classic
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 09:39 AM   #1070
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 28,480
Re: Come up with a new name for the Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
My mind went there as well…immediately.

I really don’t think this is a big deal

But I will punch people in the face when I hear comments like “long overdue” or “as it should have always been”

I won’t stand for that from supposed redskins fans…if you were ever offended by it then how did you become a fan in the first place? Gtfo, we don’t want you or need you. Go root for the Cowboys you sensitive bitch
__________________
2020 NFC East Champions

“The game plan is what the game plan will be”
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 10:56 AM   #1071
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Buffalo NY
Age: 34
Posts: 30,803
Re: Come up with a new name for the Redskins

I'm as big of a fan as anyone but I'm not dressing up like an indian chief and going to a game...
__________________
“Mediocre people don’t like high achievers, and high achievers don’t like mediocre people.”
― Nick Saban
skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 10:59 AM   #1072
mredskins
MVP
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 10,666
Re: Come up with a new name for the Redskins

i like Redtails.

redwolves not so much

For the record a Red Wolf is kind of a pussy wolf; its between a gray wolf and a coyote.

I like Washington Senators; it be cool to bring that back to DC.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 11:05 AM   #1073
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Buffalo NY
Age: 34
Posts: 30,803
Re: Come up with a new name for the Redskins

I haven't seen one that just sticks out... I hope its something cool and unique but Redwolves is just corny as hell
__________________
“Mediocre people don’t like high achievers, and high achievers don’t like mediocre people.”
― Nick Saban
skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 11:14 AM   #1074
Meks
Playmaker
 
Meks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: South Jersey
Age: 36
Posts: 4,165
Re: Come up with a new name for the Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico23231 View Post
my mind went there as well…immediately.

I really don’t think this is a big deal

but i will punch people in the face when i hear comments like “long overdue” or “as it should have always been”

i won’t stand for that from supposed redskins fans…if you were ever offended by it then how did you become a fan in the first place? Gtfo, we don’t want you or need you. Go root for the cowboys you sensitive bitch
yesssssssssss
__________________
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR

Heineken 2021!
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 04:07 PM   #1075
JackLord
Special Teams
 
JackLord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 116
Re: Come up with a new name for the Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
My mind went there as well…immediately.

I really don’t think this is a big deal

But I will punch people in the face when I hear comments like “long overdue” or “as it should have always been”

I won’t stand for that from supposed redskins fans…if you were ever offended by it then how did you become a fan in the first place? Gtfo, we don’t want you or need you. Go root for the Cowboys you sensitive bitch
Some of our local or once local journalists are the worst (I am talking to you Wilbon!. Milloy!).

The latter wrote a column and started it by saying he had been to dozens of Redskins games, often as a guest in the owner's box. He cheered and whooped it up with the best of them. But now he realized how incredibly cruel the name is!

Seems to me if it was ever that egregious, he would not have been a fan at in the first place.
JackLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 09:11 PM   #1076
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 28,480
Re: Come up with a new name for the Redskins

Red wolves…

Gotta strong feeling this will be the name.

I can rock with that
__________________
2020 NFC East Champions

“The game plan is what the game plan will be”
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 11:08 PM   #1077
VTSkins1961
Special Teams
 
VTSkins1961's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Vermont
Posts: 321
Re: Come up with a new name for the Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Red wolves…

Gotta strong feeling this will be the name.

I can rock with that
Me too. Or they could go with the Washington Offenders lol. just kidding
VTSkins1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 10:02 AM   #1078
nonniey
Special Teams
 
nonniey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: AZ
Posts: 299
Re: Come up with a new name for the Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackLord View Post
Some of our local or once local journalists are the worst (I am talking to you Wilbon!. Milloy!).

The latter wrote a column and started it by saying he had been to dozens of Redskins games, often as a guest in the owner's box. He cheered and whooped it up with the best of them. But now he realized how incredibly cruel the name is!

Seems to me if it was ever that egregious, he would not have been a fan at in the first place.

The Redskins were Native America's team (They were by far the most popular team in that community according to the WPs polling). And fools like these took it away from them. They say they listened to the NA community - nothing could be farther from the truth (91% ignored).
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 12:06 PM   #1079
rocnrik
The Starter
 
rocnrik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,321
Re: Come up with a new name for the Redskins

It’s because evidently Anyone who ever loved the redskins (millions of fans worldwide of every Race , creed etc) really did not know we were all Racist at heart … 🙄… it took a very small group of Woke individuals to wake the rest of us up … hmmmm ..that is what they would like us to believe .. I ain’t buying ! Truth is it’s a movement that for now they are winning and as we saw with Cleveland other teams will cave .. what Nobody has yet to tell me is this … Is using the word Indian wrong ?? Yes or no is the word Indian a slur? Maybe the dictionary needs to be updated and a lot of words need to be banned … let’s just ban and tear down and sweep under the rug anything that somebody else could deem offensive.. it’s over and I’m cool with new name whatever but if you think this really changed anything ..there is a long list of teams now who need to change their name, look , image … even names of cities, towns counties need to be looked at .. even people’s names need to be looked at .. and to think that just about everyone that is a member of this forum for years held the redskins close to heart and finally woke up 😳.. is the word Indian a slur ?
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 12:22 PM   #1080
MissouriSkin
Special Teams
 
MissouriSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: Springfield MO
Posts: 322
Re: Come up with a new name for the Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
It’s because evidently Anyone who ever loved the redskins (millions of fans worldwide of every Race , creed etc) really did not know we were all Racist at heart … 🙄… it took a very small group of Woke individuals to wake the rest of us up … hmmmm ..that is what they would like us to believe .. I ain’t buying ! Truth is it’s a movement that for now they are winning and as we saw with Cleveland other teams will cave .. what Nobody has yet to tell me is this … Is using the word Indian wrong ?? Yes or no is the word Indian a slur? Maybe the dictionary needs to be updated and a lot of words need to be banned … let’s just ban and tear down and sweep under the rug anything that somebody else could deem offensive.. it’s over and I’m cool with new name whatever but if you think this really changed anything ..there is a long list of teams now who need to change their name, look , image … even names of cities, towns counties need to be looked at .. even people’s names need to be looked at .. and to think that just about everyone that is a member of this forum for years held the redskins close to heart and finally woke up 😳.. is the word Indian a slur ?
I’ll try to find the article….but UW Madison took a huge black rock off campus because someone complained because they heard a rumor that 175 years ago a few people called it n*** rock and they were offended. So rocks are racist too and cause people emotional harm. 🤦*♂️
__________________
Lack of preparation on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
MissouriSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We have no official affiliation with the Washington Football Team or the NFL. But our culture is damn good!
Page generated in 0.21942 seconds with 11 queries