Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Washington Football > Locker Room Main Forum


Coronavirus (sports edition) thread

Locker Room Main Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2021, 12:26 PM   #271
Schneed10
A Dude
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 42
Posts: 12,108
Re: Coronavirus (sports edition) thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Were gonna fuck teams up this year. How's that for some sports talk lol.
Yep, just cough on 'em and leave a trail of inactives in our wake. lol

But seriously I'm excited. Hearing that Cosmi's not holding up well in practices against Young and Sweat, and even getting worked over by William Bradley King. That's upsetting to hear but aside from some uneasiness about the tackle spot I'm feeling really good about the roster everywhere else.

Fitz is going to be up and down but the point is we were unbelievably awful last year at QB. If we just get capable from Fitz in half his games, and he's awful in the other half, that's still a big improvement from last season. Defense needs to just stay where it was and we'll be in the mix come December.

Most of all, we should be very fun to watch. A defense that gets after the QB and an offense with speed and a QB that will chuck it downfield. We're going to have fun, that's for certain. It's a good year to get back to season tickets, for anybody who stepped away from it.
__________________
God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-03-2021, 12:36 PM   #272
MTK
\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NY
Age: 48
Posts: 96,265
Re: Coronavirus (sports edition) thread

Cosmi should be struggling. He's going up against two top notch pass rushers and he's a rookie. He mostly got by on raw athleticism in college. He's got a lot to learn.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 12:38 PM   #273
sdskinsfan2001
Sponge-worthy
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Age: 38
Posts: 11,451
Re: Coronavirus (sports edition) thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Yep, just cough on 'em and leave a trail of inactives in our wake. lol

But seriously I'm excited. Hearing that Cosmi's not holding up well in practices against Young and Sweat, and even getting worked over by William Bradley King. That's upsetting to hear but aside from some uneasiness about the tackle spot I'm feeling really good about the roster everywhere else.

Fitz is going to be up and down but the point is we were unbelievably awful last year at QB. If we just get capable from Fitz in half his games, and he's awful in the other half, that's still a big improvement from last season. Defense needs to just stay where it was and we'll be in the mix come December.

Most of all, we should be very fun to watch. A defense that gets after the QB and an offense with speed and a QB that will chuck it downfield. We're going to have fun, that's for certain. It's a good year to get back to season tickets, for anybody who stepped away from it.
Whatever it takes to get the W lol.
__________________
Cause you know, he would step across the line. Habitually. He's a habitual line stepper.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 12:39 PM   #274
sdskinsfan2001
Sponge-worthy
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Age: 38
Posts: 11,451
Re: Coronavirus (sports edition) thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Cosmi should be struggling. He's going up against two top notch pass rushers and he's a rookie. He mostly got by on raw athleticism in college. He's got a lot to learn.
Cosmi couldn't ask for any better on the job training. Going up against two freaking studs.
__________________
Cause you know, he would step across the line. Habitually. He's a habitual line stepper.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 12:57 PM   #275
Chief X_Phackter
Playmaker
 
Chief X_Phackter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lakewood, CO
Posts: 3,082
Re: Coronavirus (sports edition) thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Cosmi couldn't ask for any better on the job training. Going up against two freaking studs.
This is why I think the O-line exceeded expectations last year. They will rarely face a tougher opponent on Sundays compared to during the week.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 01:04 PM   #276
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 50
Posts: 16,679
Re: Coronavirus (sports edition) thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Were gonna fuck teams up this year. How's that for some sports talk lol.

I hope so. We got some key guys out of commission at the moment and like Schneed my biggest worry (in the sports world) is players missing time right now. Definite disadvantage.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 01:21 PM   #277
skinsfan69
Gamebreaker
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA and San Diego, CA
Posts: 14,993
Re: Coronavirus (sports edition) thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
That's an emotional reaction. The smart thing to do is not to throw that "bullshit" out the window, it's to take the vaccine again when it's time, deal with the shitty feeling you got from it, and live comfortably ever after knowing that the real virus won't put your ass in the hospital or six feet under.

And I know you understand, I'm not speaking to you per se. I'm laying this out for some dumbass who may be reading this, with no understanding how this works.
Well yeah of course it is part emotional. I can say I still do not feel 100% when it comes to my cardio so not sure about living 100% comfortably.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 01:22 PM   #278
skinsfan69
Gamebreaker
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA and San Diego, CA
Posts: 14,993
Re: Coronavirus (sports edition) thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
The second dose of the vaccine kicked my ass for about a day and a half, but I was fine after that (I'm 42). However, I take this anytime over any respiratory issues that could happen because of COVID.

I'm asthmatic and and pneumonia in two separate occasions in 2019, which left me bedridden for several weeks. So I could not risk getting COVID and did everything to avoid it when it started.
that sucks, sorry to hear that. pheumonia is serious shit.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 01:55 PM   #279
SunnySide
The Starter
 
SunnySide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 2,474
Re: Coronavirus (sports edition) thread

Mike Jones
@ByMikeJones

1h
Ron Rivera said yesterday that he was encouraged by improved vaccination rates on WFT. Source says now 84% of WFT players have received at least one vaccination shot. They opened camp at around 60%

JP Finlay
@JPFinlayNBCS

3h
Good news here
Quote Tweet
Rhiannon Walker
@InstantRHIplay
∑ 3h
Cornelius Lucas has rejoined the offensive linemen on the side
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 02:00 PM   #280
MTK
\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NY
Age: 48
Posts: 96,265
Re: Coronavirus (sports edition) thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Mike Jones
@ByMikeJones

1h
Ron Rivera said yesterday that he was encouraged by improved vaccination rates on WFT. Source says now 84% of WFT players have received at least one vaccination shot. They opened camp at around 60%

JP Finlay
@JPFinlayNBCS

3h
Good news here
Quote Tweet
Rhiannon Walker
@InstantRHIplay
∑ 3h
Cornelius Lucas has rejoined the offensive linemen on the side
Good news on the vaxx rate
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 02:18 PM   #281
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 28,518
Re: Coronavirus (sports edition) thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Mike Jones
@ByMikeJones

1h
Ron Rivera said yesterday that he was encouraged by improved vaccination rates on WFT. Source says now 84% of WFT players have received at least one vaccination shot. They opened camp at around 60%

JP Finlay
@JPFinlayNBCS

3h
Good news here
Quote Tweet
Rhiannon Walker
@InstantRHIplay
∑ 3h
Cornelius Lucas has rejoined the offensive linemen on the side
Nice news..

Sheehan said D Payne was fined for not wearing a mask in clubhouse/lockerroom area

Will be interesting to see after cuts where the numbers/% will be. Thatís where it matters
__________________
2020 NFC East Champions

ďThe game plan is what the game plan will beĒ
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 02:44 PM   #282
Schneed10
A Dude
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 42
Posts: 12,108
Re: Coronavirus (sports edition) thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Nice news..

Sheehan said D Payne was fined for not wearing a mask in clubhouse/lockerroom area

Will be interesting to see after cuts where the numbers/% will be. Thatís where it matters
This is a good point that frankly I hadn't considered. I think if anything it will be worse once we get down to 53, meaning the guys who are still unvaccinated as of today are probably the ones who feel comfortable that they'll make the 53.

Despite what Ron says, if I'm a bottom of the roster guy and I'm scrapping and clawing to try to make the 53 or the practice squad, I'm not going to give them a reason to cut me and I'll go get vaccinated.

But if I make $4M and I'm definitely on the 53 no matter what, I might be more inclined to stand on my personal principles.
__________________
God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 03:57 PM   #283
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 58
Posts: 10,401
Re: Coronavirus (sports edition) thread

Just stopped in to see if there was any good discussions going on in the forums.

Foolishly opened this one first.
__________________
Strap it up, hold onto the ball, and letís go.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 11:44 PM   #284
FrenchSkin
Playmaker
 
FrenchSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 3,423
Re: Coronavirus (sports edition) thread

Funny tweet by Thom Loverro:

"You know, if a doctor showed up at the park, opened his trunk and told them Iíve got syringes filled with iguana piss that will make you faster and stronger and itís undetectable, there would be a line through the parking lot #WashingtonFootball #NFL"

Where's the lie though ?
__________________
Proud Ambassador of the Redskins French Nation
Team Heinicke Fan Club VP of Global Operations
FrenchSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 07:33 AM   #285
The Skinsinator
Special Teams
 
The Skinsinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Posts: 398
Re: Coronavirus (sports edition) thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Cosmi couldn't ask for any better on the job training. Going up against two freaking studs.
No doubt. I read an article recently where Rivera was praising Cosmi also. Dude is serious athletic for a tackle. Going against Sweat/Young is crazy every day in practice. Cosmi has serious potential. We could have a stud here.
The Skinsinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We have no official affiliation with the Washington Football Team or the NFL. But our culture is damn good!
Page generated in 0.12765 seconds with 10 queries