Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Washington Football > Locker Room Main Forum


Around the NFL: Pre-Super Bowl

Locker Room Main Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2021, 09:45 PM   #1
sdskinsfan2001
Sponge-worthy
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 10,759
Around the NFL: Pre-Super Bowl

Kyle Rudolph won't take a pay cut while saying he finally decided to become a decent blocker out of necessity and not being used in passing game.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...accept-pay-cut

I'll take a pass on him if he becomes a FA.
__________________
Cause you know, he would step across the line. Habitually. He's a habitual line stepper.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 11:56 PM   #2
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN
 
htownskinfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: houston,tx
Posts: 4,572
Re: Around the NFL: Pre-Super Bowl

I would have liked to see Buffalo in the Super Bowl because their fans have been long-suffering like us,except at least we won Super Bowls,But Im also glad josh Norman isnt going, I dont like that dude. Anyone know how he graded it out this season?
__________________
Make The Redskins Great Again
htownskinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 09:29 AM   #3
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Buffalo NY
Posts: 30,428
Re: Around the NFL: Pre-Super Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
I would have liked to see Buffalo in the Super Bowl because their fans have been long-suffering like us,except at least we won Super Bowls,But Im also glad josh Norman isnt going, I dont like that dude. Anyone know how he graded it out this season?
69.5 Coverage grade.

Average
__________________
Mediocre people dont like high achievers, and high achievers dont like mediocre people.
― Nick Saban
skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 12:34 PM   #4
Redskins247
Impact Rookie
 
Redskins247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Raleigh NC
Posts: 627
Re: Around the NFL: Pre-Super Bowl

Saints expected to be big sellers as they are in cap hell....rumors are Lattimore and Thomas are being shopped. Wow...two of their best players.
Redskins247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 12:38 PM   #5
sdskinsfan2001
Sponge-worthy
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 10,759
Re: Around the NFL: Pre-Super Bowl

Pass on Thomas. He is just another WR diva.

I'll take Lattimore with a smile on my face tho.
__________________
Cause you know, he would step across the line. Habitually. He's a habitual line stepper.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 12:41 PM   #6
Redskins247
Impact Rookie
 
Redskins247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Raleigh NC
Posts: 627
Re: Around the NFL: Pre-Super Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Pass on Thomas. He is just another WR diva.

I'll take Lattimore with a smile on my face tho.
I'd second that emotion! He will surely cost a first round plus though.
Redskins247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 12:55 PM   #7
sdskinsfan2001
Sponge-worthy
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 10,759
Re: Around the NFL: Pre-Super Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins247 View Post
I'd second that emotion! He will surely cost a first round plus though.
We should try to trade our 1st to multiple teams. Get him and Stafford with our 1st lol.
__________________
Cause you know, he would step across the line. Habitually. He's a habitual line stepper.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 01:33 PM   #8
Monkeydad
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 17,423
Re: Around the NFL: Pre-Super Bowl

Scotty Miller says he'd beat Tyreke Hill in a race.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...?partner=Yahoo


Buccaneers wide receiver Scotty Miller showed in the NFC Championship Game that he has serious speed. He also has serious confidence.

Asked by Dan Patrick to compare himself to Chiefs wide receiver Tyreek Hill, Miller said he believes he would win a one-on-one footrace.

Im taking me, every day of the week, Miller said. Ill take me over anybody. Tyreek is unbelievable, super quick, unbelievable talent. But if were talking about a race, Ive got all the confidence in myself going up against anybody.

Asked if he considers himself the fastest player in the NFL, Miller said, Yes, sir.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 01:41 PM   #9
sdskinsfan2001
Sponge-worthy
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 10,759
Re: Around the NFL: Pre-Super Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
Scotty Miller says he'd beat Tyreke Hill in a race.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...?partner=Yahoo


Buccaneers wide receiver Scotty Miller showed in the NFC Championship Game that he has serious speed. He also has serious confidence.

Asked by Dan Patrick to compare himself to Chiefs wide receiver Tyreek Hill, Miller said he believes he would win a one-on-one footrace.

Im taking me, every day of the week, Miller said. Ill take me over anybody. Tyreek is unbelievable, super quick, unbelievable talent. But if were talking about a race, Ive got all the confidence in myself going up against anybody.

Asked if he considers himself the fastest player in the NFL, Miller said, Yes, sir.
Fuck a pro-bowl every year.

But I'd tune in for sure to watch things like races and strength competition between players. Especially when the challenge is issued by one player to another player(s).
__________________
Cause you know, he would step across the line. Habitually. He's a habitual line stepper.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 03:54 PM   #10
Monkeydad
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 17,423
Re: Around the NFL: Pre-Super Bowl

I watched every NFL's Fastest Man competition when I was a kid.

Darrell Green GOAT.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 09:40 PM   #11
mooby
liberal snowflake
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 17,827
Re: Around the NFL: Pre-Super Bowl

I first heard about this Chad Wheeler story earlier because Nate Burleson spoke on it despite not getting clearance to do so from NFLN.

I had no idea how bad it was until I saw the picture and heard the story from the victim. This shit is crazy. Good for Burleson for speaking up along with every other NFL player I've seen addressing the subject on Twitter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the victim
"What was most terrifying was how cold he was... He thought I was dead on my bed and continued to Eat dinner. When I ran into the bathroom, he said 'wow you're still alive' while sipping on a smoothie..."
Jesus fuck. Throw the book at him.
__________________
Hail to the Football Team

Last edited by mooby; 01-27-2021 at 09:56 PM.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 04:42 AM   #12
AnonEmouse
The Starter
 
AnonEmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: UK
Posts: 1,345
Re: Around the NFL: Pre-Super Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I first heard about this Chad Wheeler story earlier because Nate Burleson spoke on it despite not getting clearance to do so from NFLN.

I had no idea how bad it was until I saw the picture and heard the story from the victim. This shit is crazy. Good for Burleson for speaking up along with every other NFL player I've seen addressing the subject on Twitter.



Jesus fuck. Throw the book at him.
If he's healthy then yes TTB. But if the story is true that he had a manic episode, then he needs time in a mental health facility. The way this reads indicates a very disturbed individual.

Roid rage? Object lesson to others to be careful what they put in their bodies in the pursuit of success.

Some kind of schizophrenia? Locking him up in jail isn't the solution.
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 11:09 AM   #13
Monkeydad
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 17,423
Re: Around the NFL: Pre-Super Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonEmouse View Post
If he's healthy then yes TTB. But if the story is true that he had a manic episode, then he needs time in a mental health facility. The way this reads indicates a very disturbed individual.

Roid rage? Object lesson to others to be careful what they put in their bodies in the pursuit of success.

Some kind of schizophrenia? Locking him up in jail isn't the solution.
No excuses.

I don't care if it's mental illness or drug-induced, he tried to kill her by beating her. There's no rehabbing that.

I'd be fine if he fried, but NO WAY should he be allowed around other humans anymore. Regardless of the reason, he's a danger to anyone around him both by his size and his actions.

Some crimes like murder, rape, pedophilia/child molesting...there's no rehab once you cross that moral line. Just remove them from society, permanently is fine.

Quote:
https://www.rotoworld.com/football/n...3/chad-wheeler

HT/WT: 6' 7" / 318 lbs.

His career is over, as Wheeler announced on his Twitter that he's leaving football following his very public arrest after he decided to beat his girlfriend to a pulp. The 27-year-old essentially tried to kill his girlfriend (now ex) over the weekend, sending her to the hospital with a bloody and swollen face, among other injuries. Alleah, the victim, claimed Wheeler "thought I was dead on my bed and continued to eat dinner" before she got up and went to the bathroom when Wheeler replied, "Wow, you're still alive." This man needs help.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 06:26 PM   #14
mooby
liberal snowflake
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 17,827
Re: Around the NFL: Pre-Super Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonEmouse View Post
If he's healthy then yes TTB. But if the story is true that he had a manic episode, then he needs time in a mental health facility. The way this reads indicates a very disturbed individual.

Roid rage? Object lesson to others to be careful what they put in their bodies in the pursuit of success.

Some kind of schizophrenia? Locking him up in jail isn't the solution.
Yeah I understand where you're coming from as an advocate of prison reform too. I think for most serious non-violent offenders an emphasis should be placed on rehab to lower the recidivism rate too.

But this wasn't just domestic violence, this was attempted murder. I don't have any sympathy for that, even if it was man on man I really don't have a problem locking the violent ones up. If you want to rehab him after he serves time that's fine, but I have a hard time thinking the punishment for attempted murder should be a mental health facility.
__________________
Hail to the Football Team
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 03:37 AM   #15
AnonEmouse
The Starter
 
AnonEmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: UK
Posts: 1,345
Re: Around the NFL: Pre-Super Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Yeah I understand where you're coming from as an advocate of prison reform too. I think for most serious non-violent offenders an emphasis should be placed on rehab to lower the recidivism rate too.

But this wasn't just domestic violence, this was attempted murder. I don't have any sympathy for that, even if it was man on man I really don't have a problem locking the violent ones up. If you want to rehab him after he serves time that's fine, but I have a hard time thinking the punishment for attempted murder should be a mental health facility.
If he wasn't cognitive of what he was doing then he needs locking up in a secure facility, I would never suggest freedom.But sticking mentally ill people in gen pop only makes things worse all round. If he did know what he was doing then yes, its attempted murder and put him away.
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We have no official affiliation with the Washington Football Team or the NFL. But our culture is damn good!
Page generated in 0.17206 seconds with 10 queries