Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


H O A's

Parking Lot


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2022, 08:30 AM   #1
Giantone
Gamebreaker
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 13,594
H O A's

Anyone live in a community with one? Didn't know where to put this so feel free to move it.

They suck!!!

https://news.yahoo.com/wild-allegati...214951507.html

Wild allegations at Miami homeowners association show why Florida needs HOA crackdown | Editorial

In the long list of homeowner association horror stories, the one emerging from the Hammocks Community Association in Miamiís West Kendall suburbs is in a (criminal) class by itself.

It involves charges of racketeering, money laundering, fabricating evidence and using shell companies. A move to oust the board was thwarted by a fake bomb threat and a recall election resulted in the board throwing out two-thirds of the ballots. A whopping $2 million in homeowners fees apparently was siphoned off.

This isnít mailbox wars or a fight over the two-pet rule. Itís gangster-style stuff.



Mine isn't this bad but God they suck!
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-18-2022, 10:58 AM   #2
SunnySide
Playmaker
 
SunnySide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 4,568
Re: H O A's

I mess with mine a good bit.

Half my neighborhood is rental/sect 8 so we get people smoking/drinking nightly breaking bottles and leaving fast food trash everywhere.

I have the nicest yard on my block, little garden things, always have seasonal flowers out front, me and my daughter walk around the neighborhood w trash grabbers (I got pink eye a few months ago .. awesome)

So my christmas inflatables stay up til march ... dont know why i do it. I do it as some kind of micro aggression against the HOA for giving me an annual list of petty things I need to fix of my exterior (that I never do .. power wash the side of my house nobody sees?)

Half my neighborhood is trash ass people
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2022, 12:14 PM   #3
Giantone
Gamebreaker
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 13,594
Re: H O A's

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
I mess with mine a good bit.

Half my neighborhood is rental/sect 8 so we get people smoking/drinking nightly breaking bottles and leaving fast food trash everywhere.

I have the nicest yard on my block, little garden things, always have seasonal flowers out front, me and my daughter walk around the neighborhood w trash grabbers (I got pink eye a few months ago .. awesome)

So my christmas inflatables stay up til march ... dont know why i do it. I do it as some kind of micro aggression against the HOA for giving me an annual list of petty things I need to fix of my exterior (that I never do .. power wash the side of my house nobody sees?)

Half my neighborhood is trash ass people
Yet they have people walking around writing up violations and do nothing about it.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2022, 12:32 PM   #4
mredskins
Gamebreaker
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 12,508
Re: H O A's

I have one , itís I mean fine.

They leave you alone if you follow the bi laws.

They organize dumpster days , have a Halloween kid party, Grinch comes for Xmas and other fun little things.

I think 10% are bad but give a bad name for the other 90%
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2022, 02:50 PM   #5
Giantone
Gamebreaker
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 13,594
Re: H O A's

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
I have one , itís I mean fine.

They leave you alone if you follow the bi laws.

They organize dumpster days , have a Halloween kid party, Grinch comes for Xmas and other fun little things.

I think 10% are bad but give a bad name for the other 90%
The money you pay and we get very little.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2022, 03:26 PM   #6
SunnySide
Playmaker
 
SunnySide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 4,568
Re: H O A's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
The money you pay and we get very little.
I pay 2 different HOAs. Its fine.

My neighborhood HOA is small, 2 cul de sacs with maybe 100 houses total and my local HOA is responsible for landscape and snow removal. We are a small contract Im sure.

Annoying the snow removal guys dont come until 2-3 days after snow/ice when the streets are 100% clear by then ... but they still drop their salt so they can say they did something.

my HOA is fine .. but also, given the neighborhood .. they cant really flex with a straight face.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We have no official affiliation with the Washington Commanders or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.07906 seconds with 12 queries