Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


What Is Parked In Your Driveway?

Parking Lot


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2024, 09:35 PM   #76
MTK
\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NY
Age: 51
Posts: 99,394
Re: What Is Parked In Your Driveway?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
this guy is the go to guy for Toyota/ lexus

https://www.youtube.com/@TheCarCareNut
I watched several of his videos when researching Lexus, he really helped sell me on getting one
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-11-2024, 09:39 PM   #77
MTK
\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NY
Age: 51
Posts: 99,394
Re: What Is Parked In Your Driveway?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Matty my best advice, the best you are going to do is haggle them a hundred here or there maybe a grand; don't settle for something because its a good deal

Between the passing of your brother and your delayed 50th birthday gift get the car you LOVE and when you pull out of that dealership with the new car smell in your nose and the memories of your brother and celebrating you made it 50 plus years in this rat race, just simply enjoy that moment and that moment alone will be an amazing deal.
Thanks man, I pulled the trigger today, picking it up on Monday. I値l post some pics then.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2024, 08:38 AM   #78
mredskins
Gamebreaker
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 12,514
Re: What Is Parked In Your Driveway?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Thanks man, I pulled the trigger today, picking it up on Monday. I値l post some pics then.
SWEET!!! Enjoy, well deserved
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2024, 10:56 AM   #79
Giantone
Gamebreaker
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 13,600
Re: What Is Parked In Your Driveway?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Thanks man, I pulled the trigger today, picking it up on Monday. I値l post some pics then.
Congratulations, enjoy it!
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2024, 12:14 PM   #80
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 20,333
Re: What Is Parked In Your Driveway?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
a dead battery and multiple torn cv boots is not bad for 140k

my first runner the rear differential went out at 50K ; when they went to fix it they said it had half the required gear oil and that shit was built in japan

shit happens even to the best of the best
All those issues were within the first 60k miles though - the axles were replaced under warranty around 40k, then again at 80k, and they're making noise again as of 130k (I haven't gotten them fixed though since I'm out of warranty now).

The battery thing - if you buy a new battery (let's say from Interstate) it comes with a 5 year prorated warranty. That means if it goes bad before 5 years/60k miles they partially cover the cost of the replacement. Honda only covers a battery in a brand new car to 3 years/36k. That means they're putting cheap Chinese junk batteries in their brand new models.

I've also had issues with the a/c compressor and it currently has a fuel pump recall on it (parts aren't available yet).

Overall I've had more issues in 5 years of owning the Civic then I had in 10 years with the Corolla. Of course YMMV. I just think Toyota is a better company.
__________________
Hail to the Football Team
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2024, 12:35 PM   #81
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 20,333
Re: What Is Parked In Your Driveway?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Thanks man, I pulled the trigger today, picking it up on Monday. I値l post some pics then.
Nice, congrats. Hope it works out.
__________________
Hail to the Football Team
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2024, 02:36 PM   #82
mredskins
Gamebreaker
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 12,514
Re: What Is Parked In Your Driveway?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
All those issues were within the first 60k miles though - the axles were replaced under warranty around 40k, then again at 80k, and they're making noise again as of 130k (I haven't gotten them fixed though since I'm out of warranty now).

The battery thing - if you buy a new battery (let's say from Interstate) it comes with a 5 year prorated warranty. That means if it goes bad before 5 years/60k miles they partially cover the cost of the replacement. Honda only covers a battery in a brand new car to 3 years/36k. That means they're putting cheap Chinese junk batteries in their brand new models.

I've also had issues with the a/c compressor and it currently has a fuel pump recall on it (parts aren't available yet).

Overall I've had more issues in 5 years of owning the Civic then I had in 10 years with the Corolla. Of course YMMV. I just think Toyota is a better company.
i agree

still honda is good shit; really as far longevity of a car its engine and tranny, i use to love grand Cherokees not one made it past 100k without a major tranny issue, chrysler crap

Ford might put the worst product on the road today

the battery isue is pretty common for a new car; i don't know a car company that warrenty a battery past 3/36 or whatever there bumper to bumper is; toyota puts Panasonic batteries in their cars; plus a battery is what 200 maybe 300 i am not shitting on a car company over a bad battery
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2024, 02:38 PM   #83
mredskins
Gamebreaker
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 12,514
Re: What Is Parked In Your Driveway?

also if you don't watch the cv boot and it tears then road junk gets in the cv joints and destroys them hence the noise you are hearing

cv boot replacement vs. cv joint replacement is two entirely different bills
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2024, 11:52 PM   #84
Giantone
Gamebreaker
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 13,600
Re: What Is Parked In Your Driveway?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Thanks man, I pulled the trigger today, picking it up on Monday. I値l post some pics then.
Did you get the Hybrid and what color is it?
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 05:00 PM   #85
Darrell Green Fan
Special Teams
 
Darrell Green Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2024
Location: Mount Airy, MD
Posts: 107
Re: What Is Parked In Your Driveway?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
i agree

still honda is good shit; really as far longevity of a car its engine and tranny, i use to love grand Cherokees not one made it past 100k without a major tranny issue, chrysler crap

Ford might put the worst product on the road today

the battery isue is pretty common for a new car; i don't know a car company that warrenty a battery past 3/36 or whatever there bumper to bumper is; toyota puts Panasonic batteries in their cars; plus a battery is what 200 maybe 300 i am not shitting on a car company over a bad battery
I tell anyone who will listen never to buy a Jeep but they still do. I have not nor will I ever buy a Chrysler product.

Ford made crappy cars but rock solid trucks. I've had a Mustang which was good until about 130,000 miles, a Bronco II which is still my favorite vehicle we've owned, and 2 Rangers. The trucks were great, the V-8 Mustang was a blast.

I don't see much difference between Honda and Toyota, the best cars out there for reliability and longevity. I've got my 3rd Civic in the driveay now.
Darrell Green Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2024, 10:12 PM   #86
MTK
\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NY
Age: 51
Posts: 99,394
Re: What Is Parked In Your Driveway?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Did you get the Hybrid and what color is it?
Got the hybrid, averaged 44 mpg today this car is amazing. The color is iridium.

__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2024, 04:34 AM   #87
Giantone
Gamebreaker
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 13,600
Re: What Is Parked In Your Driveway?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Got the hybrid, averaged 44 mpg today this car is amazing. The color is iridium.

Very nice! Enjoy it!
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2024, 10:11 AM   #88
mredskins
Gamebreaker
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 12,514
Re: What Is Parked In Your Driveway?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Got the hybrid, averaged 44 mpg today this car is amazing. The color is iridium.

SWEET! love it
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2024, 12:36 PM   #89
jamf
Pro Bowl
 
jamf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: San Diego Ca
Posts: 5,178
Re: What Is Parked In Your Driveway?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Got the hybrid, averaged 44 mpg today this car is amazing. The color is iridium.

Very Nice!

I'm struggling with pulling the trigger on a truck.
I can't get over that fact that midsized trucks are $45K+ with Tacomas starting at $50K.
I wouldn't mind a full-size truck but I wouldn't be able to park it in SoCal shopping centers.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We have no official affiliation with the Washington Commanders or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.15311 seconds with 10 queries