Merged: The Movies Thread

Parking Lot

Old 11-19-2020, 09:41 AM   #2176
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Re: Merged: The Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
As a purveyor of this thread and an unofficial judge and jury of the argument I am going to let Sunny Side's critique stand. According to IMDb Playing with Fire is a family comedy and not a children's movie https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9134216/ therefore needs to have aspects that appeal to all members of the family and not just children. His critique as a parent viewer is valid. Sorry G1 you will have to come up with a better argument.
If you have to check it out on IMDB then you haven't seen the movie and know nothing about it . Argument stands!

Advertisements
Old 11-19-2020, 10:07 AM   #2177
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
First , STFU about any of my kids!

Second, again it's a fucking kids movie and you critique it like it's the fucking Godfather, grow the fuck up.
First, I didnt think you would even be allowed to have any kids with your anger management issues and if you do have a step daughter, I do sincerely apologize. I genuinely apologize to your hypothetical step daughter, if she exists. I was just trying to regurgitate a played out joke.

Second, there is no such thing as a "childrens" movie Frank. Children dont have jobs and make money, they cant ride their fucking big wheel to a movie theater and pay for tickets with money. You know why? because they dont have fucking money because their little fucking kids. Little ass dependent kids who need help making toast and shit. I wouldnt trust a little kid to pour a glass of milk even if I was in your kitchen. Theyd spill that shit, it would running all over your floor then their dumb asses would start walking around it, leaving little white milk footsteps all over your first floor. I would not wish that on you.

Besides, who anointed you fucking King and gatekeeper of movie reviews? Like some giants fan has any standing to talk about good judgment. Go shave your ball hairs and glue them on your bald head you old fart.
Old 11-19-2020, 10:50 AM   #2178
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
First, I didnt think you would even be allowed to have any kids with your anger management issues and if you do have a step daughter, I do sincerely apologize. I genuinely apologize to your hypothetical step daughter, if she exists. I was just trying to regurgitate a played out joke.

Second, there is no such thing as a "childrens" movie Frank. Children dont have jobs and make money, they cant ride their fucking big wheel to a movie theater and pay for tickets with money. You know why? because they dont have fucking money because their little fucking kids. Little ass dependent kids who need help making toast and shit. I wouldnt trust a little kid to pour a glass of milk even if I was in your kitchen. Theyd spill that shit, it would running all over your floor then their dumb asses would start walking around it, leaving little white milk footsteps all over your first floor. I would not wish that on you.

Besides, who anointed you fucking King and gatekeeper of movie reviews? Like some giants fan has any standing to talk about good judgment. Go shave your ball hairs and glue them on your bald head you old fart.
1)Again only a moron would bring up anyone's kids ,I should not be surprised.

2) The fact that you think there is no such thing as a children's or "kids" movie shows just how ignorant of the subject you are.

3) Not the gate keeper at all , just someone calling out somebody who doesn't seem to know shit from shinola about movies that he has to critique a kids movie like he is somebody that matters.
Old 11-19-2020, 11:15 AM   #2179
MTK
\m/

welp this thread is turning into an eye roller, good job guys

I watched the new Borat last weekend, it was funny but the first one was so much better.
Old 11-19-2020, 11:57 AM   #2180
Giantone
Gamebreaker

I'm out of it.
Old 11-19-2020, 12:04 PM   #2181
SunnySide
Playmaker

I was 100% joking .. I thought for sure G1 was 100% joking. Wow. I thought we were having fun making overly passionate arguments over something stupid and small.

G1 .. you were serious? You honestly were mad I criticized John Cena's acting? Im sorry I come off as some kind of entitled "movie critic" when I post about movies I watched. Honestly you seem to just not like me and I get it. I post too much and too often.

Internet.

I will show myself the door on movies.

edit -- I dont even know if you have kids, it was fucking joke. You probably dont even have a step daughter but if you do, I was just randomly using a lame joke that wasnt even demeaning or trashy.
Old 12-26-2020, 09:14 AM   #2182
mredskins
MVP

WW84 was disappointing. Slowly paced and no real villain that was exciting. It was just meh.
Old 09-30-2021, 01:26 AM   #2183
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

I love OnDemand and all the ways to watch movies at home nowadays. But I grew up going to see movies at the theater. That was the one thing all our parents would let us go do. We used to go see a movie then walk across the shopping center to Carl's Jr. for a Bacon Western Cheeseburger and get picked up there. I haven't been to a movie theater since well before COVID. Just saw an add for the next Bond movie that comes out October 8th. I'm not a Bond junkie, haven't seen anywhere near all of them, but I like Daniel Craig. I'm gonna see that one at a movie theater. Probably 1st movie in like 3 years I'll see in a theater. Can't holdout for Top Gun II any longer.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 04:38 AM   #2184
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
I love OnDemand and all the ways to watch movies at home nowadays. But I grew up going to see movies at the theater. That was the one thing all our parents would let us go do. We used to go see a movie then walk across the shopping center to Carl's Jr. for a Bacon Western Cheeseburger and get picked up there. I haven't been to a movie theater since well before COVID. Just saw an add for the next Bond movie that comes out October 8th. I'm not a Bond junkie, haven't seen anywhere near all of them, but I like Daniel Craig. I'm gonna see that one at a movie theater. Probably 1st movie in like 3 years I'll see in a theater. Can't holdout for Top Gun II any longer.

I feel the same and I like D,Craig as Bond he will be missed. Friday night gonna watch the new Soprano's prequel "The Many Saints of Newark". I saw the previews and all ready like it.
Old 09-30-2021, 06:05 AM   #2185
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
WW84 was disappointing. Slowly paced and no real villain that was exciting. It was just meh.
I keep meaning to watch it for the Landmark Mall cameo - I spent many years of my youth in that mall and it's nice to see it finally utilized one more time before it gets torn down.

Still haven't seen that movie though lol, everyone agrees with you on how bad it was.

S/N - I just read the G1/SS beef - G1 there are sooooooooooo many more worthy arguments than getting into a legit beef over the acting in a kids movie. Be better.
Old 09-30-2021, 01:38 PM   #2186
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I keep meaning to watch it for the Landmark Mall cameo - I spent many years of my youth in that mall and it's nice to see it finally utilized one more time before it gets torn down.

Still haven't seen that movie though lol, everyone agrees with you on how bad it was.

S/N - I just read the G1/SS beef - G1 there are sooooooooooo many more worthy arguments than getting into a legit beef over the acting in a kids movie. Be better.
That was almost a year ago, it's over.
Old 09-30-2021, 01:57 PM   #2187
SunnySide
Playmaker

j/k
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 07:59 PM   #2188
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
That was almost a year ago, it's over.
I know - I just expect better from you because you are fairly reasonable. Not on that one though.
Old 09-30-2021, 08:42 PM   #2189
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post

j/k
chico after Jan 6th,
Old 10-18-2021, 03:28 PM   #2190
SunnySide
Playmaker