Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy


Coronavirus (political)

Debating with the enemy


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2021, 08:35 AM   #1081
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 27,909
Re: Coronavirus (political)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Yet chico says kids can't get covid and there is no need for masks ? You have now experience two reasons to keep following protocols.
No Chico has seen the evidence which has existed from last year which states schools were not sources of community spread and there was even less evidence of child to teacher transmission.

Also, the seasonal flu is more deadly to kids ages 3-17 than covid.
__________________
2020 NFC East Champions

“The game plan is what the game plan will be”
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-09-2021, 09:30 AM   #1082
BaltimoreSkins
Playmaker
 
BaltimoreSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Parkton, MD
Posts: 3,065
Re: Coronavirus (political)

The problem is we have done such a shitty job of contract tracing at public schools in the US the data is really bad. The largest contract tracing study in the world shows schools are an important factor in community spread.

Regardless kids should be in school and it is easy enough to ensure their safety if we follow protocols. My biggest gripe is we have these societal norms that work is more important than personal or community health in this country. I now have to isolate my 10 year old for ten days because some parent decided to send their sick kid to school despite showing symptoms of being sick. This is a part of our culture that needs to change.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 09:45 AM   #1083
SunnySide
The Starter
 
SunnySide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 2,178
Re: Coronavirus (political)

Its a tough call for parents. Im sending my kid to in-person come Fall but I was kinda hoping a Vax would be given to kids younger than 16 or so.

Shes going to in-person camp for a few weeks this summer so .... hoping for the best.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 08:21 AM   #1084
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 27,909
Re: Coronavirus (political)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
The problem is we have done such a shitty job of contract tracing at public schools in the US the data is really bad. The largest contract tracing study in the world shows schools are an important factor in community spread.

Regardless kids should be in school and it is easy enough to ensure their safety if we follow protocols. My biggest gripe is we have these societal norms that work is more important than personal or community health in this country. I now have to isolate my 10 year old for ten days because some parent decided to send their sick kid to school despite showing symptoms of being sick. This is a part of our culture that needs to change.
Yeah, I don’t know what study you referred too but the large majority of data finds schools are safe and children transmission is extremely low.

The schools explicated stated they would follow the science, they said vaccination, they said more money…every single thing they have said, they have lied to the public from day 1.

put another coin in the “trump was right jar” when it came to school policy and covid
__________________
2020 NFC East Champions

“The game plan is what the game plan will be”
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 10:11 AM   #1085
BaltimoreSkins
Playmaker
 
BaltimoreSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Parkton, MD
Posts: 3,065
Re: Coronavirus (political)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Yeah, I don’t know what study you referred too but the large majority of data finds schools are safe and children transmission is extremely low.

The schools explicated stated they would follow the science, they said vaccination, they said more money…every single thing they have said, they have lied to the public from day 1.

put another coin in the “trump was right jar” when it came to school policy and covid
I will see if I can find it. It was done in India by Princeton researchers but the conclusions I got from the study aren't necessarily related to child spread but that schools as the community hub are responsible i.e. food banks, community use of washers and dryers etc. All stuff we have to contend with in public schools, but I agree with you if we follow the science schools should be open.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 10:25 AM   #1086
Giantone
MVP
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 10,140
Re: Coronavirus (political)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Yeah, I don’t know what study you referred too but the large majority of data finds schools are safe and children transmission is extremely low.

The schools explicated stated they would follow the science, they said vaccination, they said more money…every single thing they have said, they have lied to the public from day 1.

put another coin in the “trump was right jar” when it came to school policy and covid
LOL, another trumpette lie. Schools will and are open . Due more to the vaccines and less to the stupid ingrate that think trump solved the pandemic .
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 10:25 AM   #1087
Giantone
MVP
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 10,140
Re: Coronavirus (political)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Its a tough call for parents. Im sending my kid to in-person come Fall but I was kinda hoping a Vax would be given to kids younger than 16 or so.

Shes going to in-person camp for a few weeks this summer so .... hoping for the best.
Pretty sure young as 5 will be able by September.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 10:27 AM   #1088
Giantone
MVP
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 10,140
Re: Coronavirus (political)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
The problem is we have done such a shitty job of contract tracing at public schools in the US the data is really bad. The largest contract tracing study in the world shows schools are an important factor in community spread.

Regardless kids should be in school and it is easy enough to ensure their safety if we follow protocols. My biggest gripe is we have these societal norms that work is more important than personal or community health in this country. I now have to isolate my 10 year old for ten days because some parent decided to send their sick kid to school despite showing symptoms of being sick. This is a part of our culture that needs to change.
Yup for many different reasons not that the kids are getting sick (and they do) but they can all so carry it back to the home and spread in that manor.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We have no official affiliation with the Washington Football Team or the NFL. But our culture is damn good!
Page generated in 0.14749 seconds with 9 queries