Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

Money over everything

Debating with the enemy

Old 10-15-2020, 01:13 AM   #1
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Money over everything

Calling out America is absolutely allowed and almost supported by a decent % of our population.

But calling out countries, say like China, that literally fucking enslave and/or kill people in 2020, is no good.

Lebron James already clarified that as long as he benefits, racism is cool. Asian wages, asian slavery, doesn't matter. Fuck you, pay me.

Now Mark Cuban clarifies his position too. This guy has more money than you can spend in 100 lifetimes, but he still can't condemn ethnic cleansing in China.

https://clutchpoints.com/mavs-news-m...yn-kelly-show/

Deflection, deflection, deflection. Why is it so common to shit on America, and those same people ignore things that are way way worse in other countries? We know the answer. It's low hanging fruit with no repercussions, to blast America. We are so free that you can get woke points for shitting on our country, which is awesome because freedom is amazing, but you criticize anyone else warranted or not, you'll be condemned as some sort of 'ist.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-15-2020, 02:10 AM   #2
jamf
Pro Bowl

Re: Money over everything

So what you’re saying is racism and poverty in America isn’t so bad because there is worse going on in the world?

Why do you hold Mark Cuban and LeBron to higher ethical standards than that racist piece of shit president you voted for? You need to start there but you won’t because DEFLECT DEFLECT DEFLECT! Hillary’s emails! Birth Certificate!

Stop trying to normalize hate in America.
The first amendment doesn’t end with freedom of religion.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 02:13 AM   #3
jamf
Pro Bowl

I agree with the money over everything part. That’s why millionaires pays hundreds of dollars in taxes.
Old 10-15-2020, 02:23 AM   #4
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
So what you’re saying is racism and poverty in America isn’t so bad because there is worse going on in the world?

Why do you hold Mark Cuban and LeBron to higher ethical standards than that racist piece of shit president you voted for? You need to start there but you won’t because DEFLECT DEFLECT DEFLECT! Hillary’s emails! Birth Certificate!

Your response is all over the map. And your 1st question doesn't match with anything I said. Where did I say racist Americans aren't so bad?

If you don't think it's hypocritical to talk about racism while profiting off racism, that's a you thing. Why is racism acceptable if it's not in America?

Emails and birth certificates? You just threw that in there. I sure didn't talk about those things.

I'm not normalizing racism anywhere. Racism is for losers. But we should care about it everywhere.

Poverty in America affects all races. There are millions of poor white people in America.

What has Trump done to specifically negatively effect black Americans since 2016? Not semantics, please give me actual policies he's specifically enacted to target black Americans negatively. Being the world's all time worst racist, this should be easy.

Note - Biden is racist af. Hopefully racism is not cool as long as you have a D next to his name.

Last edited by sdskinsfan2001; 10-15-2020 at 02:57 AM.
Old 10-15-2020, 02:29 AM   #5
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
I agree with the money over everything part. That’s why millionaires pays hundreds of dollars in taxes.
I'm a proponent of a flat tax with no federal taxes paid on the 1st 30K, or national sales tax, no writeoffs regardless. I want all Americans that need all the money they need to keep it. Our tax code is a joke. Written by politicians bribed by private enterprises.
Old 10-15-2020, 03:13 AM   #6
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Random note - When that vaccine comes out, we're hanging out in SD or one of those orange county tea shops. You're one of my favorite people on the WP. We might disagree politically, but I consider you as a friend (by internet discussion standards). Go Team!
Old 10-15-2020, 05:55 AM   #7
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

As political as this thread is, why is it in other sports?

I agree, in regards to Mark Cuban/Lebron calling out people using their platform, while still defending the NBA's relationship with China, is super weak. But that's the way it goes. Whose to say the NBA isn't threatening them hard to tow the line because they want to avoid further drama with China? That doesn't excuse it but it doesn't hurt to look at the situation from all angles.

If the NBA had morals, it would just pull out of China, because their human rights policy is indefensible. But in this world, cash is king. And the NBA wants a slice of that China pie. From politics to sports, from Bezos to the homeless, money corrupts all. Those who have it want to keep hoarding it, those who don't have it just want more of it.

We're literally witnessing a modern genocide of Uighur Muslims as we speak, there are videos and photos out there if you look hard enough. Indefensible proof. And we don't say or do anything because nobody dares bite the hand that feeds.
Old 10-15-2020, 06:09 AM   #8
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post

I agree, in regards to Mark Cuban/Lebron calling out people using their platform, while still defending the NBA's relationship with China, is super weak. But that's the way it goes. Whose to say the NBA isn't threatening them hard to tow the line because they want to avoid further drama with China? That doesn't excuse it but it doesn't hurt to look at the situation from all angles.

If the NBA had morals, it would just pull out of China, because their human rights policy is indefensible. But in this world, cash is king. And the NBA wants a slice of that China pie. From politics to sports, from Bezos to the homeless, money corrupts all. Those who have it want to keep hoarding it, those who don't have it just want more of it.

We're literally witnessing a modern genocide of Uighur Muslims as we speak, there are videos and photos out there if you look hard enough. Indefensible proof. And we don't say or do anything because nobody dares bite the hand that feeds.
I created the thread based on Mark Cuban responding regarding China. That's why I originally placed it here. One of those things that can easily bump into a political thread. I was kind of stuck in no man's land. This is a football site, so I erred on the side of this forum.
Old 10-15-2020, 06:26 AM   #9
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post

It's funny, I feel like we would disagree on everything, but we seem to be on the same page on a lot of things. Can't disagree with anything above. Kinda proves most Americans are within earshot of each other, no matter how much we think we disagree.
Old 10-15-2020, 06:49 AM   #10
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:

Thanks. Close thread.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 08:44 AM   #11
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Calling out America is absolutely allowed and almost supported by a decent % of our population.

But calling out countries, say like China, that literally fucking enslave and/or kill people in 2020, is no good.

Lebron James already clarified that as long as he benefits, racism is cool. Asian wages, asian slavery, doesn't matter. Fuck you, pay me.

Now Mark Cuban clarifies his position too. This guy has more money than you can spend in 100 lifetimes, but he still can't condemn ethnic cleansing in China.

https://clutchpoints.com/mavs-news-m...yn-kelly-show/

Deflection, deflection, deflection. Why is it so common to shit on America, and those same people ignore things that are way way worse in other countries? We know the answer. It's low hanging fruit with no repercussions, to blast America. We are so free that you can get woke points for shitting on our country, which is awesome because freedom is amazing, but you criticize anyone else warranted or not, you'll be condemned as some sort of 'ist.
I agree with your post, someone call the NYT,........chico, chico!
Old 10-15-2020, 12:26 PM   #12
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Thanks. Close thread.
I don't understand your arguments about racism. More than 1 thing can be true at a time and discussed at a time.

Discussing racism in China in no way downplays racism in America.

Trump = Kicks 2 puppies
Biden = Kicks 1 puppy

Because Trump kicked 2, does that mean Biden kicking 1 is acceptable and he should not be held accountable?

Everyone should be held accountable for their actions. Not let off the hook by justifying that, well that person over there is doing worse.

Last edited by sdskinsfan2001; 10-15-2020 at 01:18 PM.
Old 10-15-2020, 01:04 PM   #13
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Your response is all over the map. And your 1st question doesn't match with anything I said. Where did I say racist Americans aren't so bad?
Mostly the tequila talking but to sum up things.

Cuban and Lebron are not elected officials and have no obligations to me except for paying their fair share of taxes.

Elected officials on the other hand choose to represent Americans and work for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001
Deflection, deflection, deflection. Why is it so common to shit on America, and those same people ignore things that are way way worse in other countries? We know the answer. It's low hanging fruit with no repercussions, to blast America.

Because I pay my taxes to the American government and they are supposed to work for me!

That racism and corruption are huge problems Americans are bad mouthing America about, you don't get to sweep it under the rug because bad things are happening somewhere else in the world.

That sounds like deflecting to me.
Old 10-15-2020, 01:10 PM   #14
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Mostly the tequila talking but to sum up things.

Cuban and Lebron are not elected officials and have no obligations to me except for paying their fair share of taxes.

Elected officials on the other hand choose to represent Americans and work for us.

Because I pay my taxes to the American government and they are supposed to work for me!

That racism and corruption are huge problems Americans are bad mouthing America about, you don't get to sweep it under the rug because bad things are happening somewhere else in the world.

That sounds like deflecting to me.

I had several adult beverages myself last night lol.

My post was directly about Lebron/Cuban. I was not trying to downplay or absolve anyone involved with racism or corruption in our government. Both things can be true at once.

Note - I agree with the bolded part the proverbial 110%.
Old 10-15-2020, 01:23 PM   #15
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
I agree with your post, someone call the NYT,........chico, chico!
Start the presses.