Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Redskins game balls

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Who gets your game ball for the Skins 16-13 win over the Bucs?
Portis 15 8.43%
The D 66 37.08%
Moss 18 10.11%
Cooley 33 18.54%
Hall 12 6.74%
Campbell 20 11.24%
other 14 7.87%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-05-2009, 08:41 AM   #46
freddyg12
Playmaker

Re: Redskins game balls

I went w/the D. Hard to single out any one guy, but Doughty played well & Fletcher had his usual solid game. I noticed that AH missed on a couple plays that led to long runs, but he also clogged some cutback lanes.

The D kept us in the game. Those 2 missed FGs were huge. Thanks to the D they were not chip shots. If Nugent makes both of those...
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-05-2009, 10:27 AM   #47
Monkeydad
Living Legend

The D. JC coming back from a bad first half to throw the game-winner was my vote for second, but the D played tough all day. The only TD scored by the Bucs was on an EXTREMELY short field.
Old 10-05-2009, 10:28 AM   #48
hail_2_da_skins
Impact Rookie

I went with the defense. They kept the game close while the offense was struggling. The Hall interception and Jarmon fumble were the key plays on the defensive side of the ball. An honorable mention goes out to Clinton Portis, Santana Moss and Jason Campbell. Portis ran hard despite being nicked up. Santana Moss put one of the prettiest moves on the touchdown catch. Campbell showed a lot of guts coming back in the second half and leading his team to victory despite a horrible first half. Zorn showed a lot of confidence in Campbell in allowing him to redeem himself. Most head coaches would have gone to their second string quarterback after a JaMarcus Russell type first half.
Old 10-05-2009, 10:46 AM   #49
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

Zorn
Old 10-05-2009, 10:57 AM   #50
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 724Skinsfan View Post
I give it to Campbell. I was at the game and he looked like a UFA rookie in the first half. Not sure what was going on in his head. I told my friend that I wouldn't be surprised to see Collins come out early and start warming up. Campbell played a good second half and did a great job leading those two TD drives.

A little disappointed to hear the "boos" so early in the game.
I agree, but I KNEW it was coming, especially with that first fumble.
Old 10-05-2009, 11:03 AM   #51
firstdown
Living Legend

Not sure how someone can vote for JC after turning the ball over 4 time and the D bailed us out keeping us in the game so that JC even had a chance to win the game. I'm not happy with the 4 turnovers but I'm not calling for his head either but no way did he earn a game ball. So my vote goes to the D and JC sould take them all out to dinner.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 11:06 AM   #52
FRPLG
MVP

JC...

He looked like an answer to me for the first time. First off the first half was simply not indicative of anything other than a bad day. He's never looked that bad, even when he was rookie. He gets a pass on it for now as long as it doesn't happen again like that. In the second half it looked like they finally just opened it up some. He looked more decisive and overcame his "issues" from earlier. It's the only time I can remember that I felt like he was just really playing the game to win rather than playing it not to lose. Our D kept us in the game. JC won the game.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 11:34 AM   #53
53Fan
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
JC...

He looked like an answer to me for the first time. First off the first half was simply not indicative of anything other than a bad day. He's never looked that bad, even when he was rookie. He gets a pass on it for now as long as it doesn't happen again like that. In the second half it looked like they finally just opened it up some. He looked more decisive and overcame his "issues" from earlier. It's the only time I can remember that I felt like he was just really playing the game to win rather than playing it not to lose. Our D kept us in the game. JC won the game.
Good points. JC was going for the win, INT's be damned, and that was good to see.
Old 10-05-2009, 11:36 AM   #54
Mechanix544
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
He did throw 2 pretty big TD passes, no? Guess I must have imagined that.

Keep on hatin'.
And you believe that the two TD passes makes up for having 4 turnovers? 99% of the time in this league, if a QB throws 3 (almost 4) INT's, loses a fumble on top of that and even in the second half didnt do anything spectacular against a ridiculously poor defense, that team will lose the game. Thank god we had a defense shut them down to basically only 6 points.

Now the thing about Cutler, I never really said anything concerning him, and I sure aint on his stick, but lemme take a shot at this.

How many times has Cutler, in his career, albeit short, thrown for 350+ yards, and compare that to Campbells. How many three td games has campbell ever had? compare that to cutlers, shoot, Cutler even has a better winning pct. with much worse defenses.......Why?

Because he makes plays. Teams need to account for him. Hes a weapon. He influences games, not just manages them in a piss poor manner, hoping not to make a mistake to influence it in a negative way. Teams DO NOT look at the upcoming game with the skins and say, "We've better account for this guy every play, or hes gonna eat us alive." Know why? Because hes never done that at all in his entire career against even the POOREST of teams.(Just look at our first three games this year.)Oh, and look what Cutlers doing in Chicago, with absolutely NO receiver corps of any kind. Campbell has better weapons, hes just not a winner.

Now, let the excuses flow. (like I said, where is the allegiance to this mediocre soul coming from anywho?)
Mechanix544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 11:47 AM   #55
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanix544 View Post
And you believe that the two TD passes makes up for having 4 turnovers? 99% of the time in this league, if a QB throws 3 (almost 4) INT's, loses a fumble on top of that and even in the second half didnt do anything spectacular against a ridiculously poor defense, that team will lose the game. Thank god we had a defense shut them down to basically only 6 points.

Now the thing about Cutler, I never really said anything concerning him, and I sure aint on his stick, but lemme take a shot at this.

How many times has Cutler, in his career, albeit short, thrown for 350+ yards, and compare that to Campbells. How many three td games has campbell ever had? compare that to cutlers, shoot, Cutler even has a better winning pct. with much worse defenses.......Why?

Because he makes plays. Teams need to account for him. Hes a weapon. He influences games, not just manages them in a piss poor manner, hoping not to make a mistake to influence it in a negative way. Teams DO NOT look at the upcoming game with the skins and say, "We've better account for this guy every play, or hes gonna eat us alive." Know why? Because hes never done that at all in his entire career against even the POOREST of teams.(Just look at our first three games this year.)Oh, and look what Cutlers doing in Chicago, with absolutely NO receiver corps of any kind. Campbell has better weapons, hes just not a winner.

Now, let the excuses flow. (like I said, where is the allegiance to this mediocre soul coming from anywho?)
If at the end of the day there's a 'W' then yeah I'd say he made up for the turnovers.
Old 10-05-2009, 11:52 AM   #56
53Fan
Franchise Player

If Cutler throws 3 INT's and wins, nobody says s**t. Nobody cares because he WINS. I've heard that 1000 times. Well that's what JC did yesterday.
Old 10-05-2009, 11:57 AM   #57
Beemnseven
Pro Bowl

Matty, I have to ask you -- when the buzz earlier in the year was all about Jay Cutler and then Mark Sanchez, we all agreed that Campbell has to absolutely light it up this year and make the case that he can be a playmaking difference maker at QB.

After four games, do you really think he has done that? Has he made Snyder and Cerrato think twice about trying to trade him and toy around with the idea of Sanchez?
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 12:27 PM   #58
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Went with the d-fense.....However I'm mindful of the opposition as well. Hall, Tryon, and Jarmon made good individual plays.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 12:28 PM   #59
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnseven View Post
Matty, I have to ask you -- when the buzz earlier in the year was all about Jay Cutler and then Mark Sanchez, we all agreed that Campbell has to absolutely light it up this year and make the case that he can be a playmaking difference maker at QB.

After four games, do you really think he has done that? Has he made Snyder and Cerrato think twice about trying to trade him and toy around with the idea of Sanchez?
I'm not Matty but here's my answer: He's not "lighting it up" but he has shown improvement across the board (except for the 3 INTs vs. TB) and has better numbers than Cutler and Sanchez this season, so I think we made the right decision.
Old 10-05-2009, 12:36 PM   #60
JLee9718
Impact Rookie

I wouldn't give it to the defense! Watched a well known corner that we once had save a game for Denver yesterday...Romo made the mistake of throwing in his direction. If only we had him now. The 'Skins' corners scare me. I wonder what the defense will look like against Dallas and Philly?
JLee9718 is offline   Reply With Quote