No 129 72.07%
Voters: 179. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-11-2009, 07:05 PM   #46
Trample the Elderly
Playmaker

Re: Do you expect Zorn to be fired

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
That's the real bottom line. Zorn will be gone soon but ultimately this team's total failure starts at the very top. I think when you look at how Snyder managed Gibbs retirement, from beginning to end, this franchise competes for the most poorly run in the league. Of course Snyder's utter failures as an owner and de facto GM go back to the very beginning but I've heard over and over again contributors to this site say "Leave the past alone and recognize how Snyder has matured." Well ok then I'll focus just on the current situation...and still lil Danny doesn't have the first clue how to put a decent franchise together.

...ultimately Snyder deserves the embarrassment and failure. Zorn doesn't...he was just some random QB coach who was offered a big promotion well beyond his abilities. The players don't deserve it...they don't have any real leadership to look upon and are caught up within a mickey mouse organization. And finally we don't deserve any of this as fans. I do wish I could tune into the game one Sunday and see FedEx field completely empty. I wish determination would overcome apathy and fans would force the little man in the owner's box to sell the franchise he's nearly destroyed or completely turn the thing over to a real GM.
Yeah, that about sums it up for me. Join the Mutiny Goat!

Advertisements
Old 10-11-2009, 07:06 PM   #47
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Even if we get what we want and Cerrato is fired a GM brought in and Snyder steps back and lets somebody else make decisions. How long will it take for things to get better on the playing field?
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 07:07 PM   #48
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Quote:
That's the real bottom line. Zorn will be gone soon but ultimately this team's total failure starts at the very top. I think when you look at how Snyder managed Gibbs retirement, from beginning to end, this franchise competes for the most poorly run in the league. Of course Snyder's utter failures as an owner and de facto GM go back to the very beginning but I've heard over and over again contributors to this site say "Leave the past alone and recognize how Snyder has matured." Well ok then I'll focus just on the current situation...and still lil Danny doesn't have the first clue how to put a decent franchise together.

...ultimately Snyder deserves the embarrassment and failure. Zorn doesn't...he was just some random QB coach who was offered a big promotion well beyond his abilities. The players don't deserve it...they don't have any real leadership to look upon and are caught up within a mickey mouse organization. And finally we don't deserve any of this as fans. I do wish I could tune into the game one Sunday and see FedEx field completely empty. I wish determination would overcome apathy and fans would force the little man in the owner's box to sell the franchise he's nearly destroyed or completely turn the thing over to a real GM.
No truer words have ever been spoken, and poor Zorn is saddled with an albatross to great even for him to escape. We have all agreed at some point in time, this team needs far more than just a new/different coach, it's in dire need of respectable ownership.........Just so happens we're stuck with the little man.
Old 10-11-2009, 07:12 PM   #49
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
Even if we get what we want and Cerrato is fired a GM brought in and Snyder steps back and lets somebody else make decisions. How long will it take for things to get better on the playing field?
Minimum three years, and that assumes Snyder has exactly zero involvement with the team. You know what Baltimore...I have all the patience in the world when there's a goal, a light at the end of the tunnel. I can continue to enjoy Saints football...and besides I would really appreciate the franchise rebuilding itself into something special.
Old 10-11-2009, 07:12 PM   #50
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:

Great post, Goat. As to the point in bold, you just let me know how we can force him to sell and I'm on it.
Old 10-11-2009, 07:15 PM   #51
skinsfan_nn
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
Well does it really matter. If Snyder puts on his high heels and borrows his nuts from his wife, and fires that lame duck. We should have a ticker tape freakin parade in downtown DC.

That would be the very BEST move he could and should make, it STARTS AT THE VERY TOP, and sense lil Danny sure isn't gonna fire himself....yes unfortunate for some.

The next best move would be Vinny, Zorn, Coaching Staff, Scouts, the whole 9. Let the new HC set the team up (If it were Shanny or any of the Top coachs available, I doubt any would work with Vinny to begin with) let the new HC set the program up with some real smart football minds, and keep lil man outta the way. If it takes a few years so be it.
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!
skinsfan_nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 07:15 PM   #52
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trample the Elderly View Post
Yeah, that about sums it up for me. Join the Mutiny Goat!
The only thing that will have any impact is dollars and cents. If fans refuse to be swindled by lil Danny and the home games are mostly empty than we have a fighting chance to see positive change.

...but yeah I see where you're goin bro
Old 10-11-2009, 07:23 PM   #53
Paintrain
Pro Bowl

Immediately after the Eagles game Zorn and Sherman Smith get fired. Doesn't make too much sense to make a move this week or prior to the Eagles game. Do it then, take one more run and Shanny and Holmgren then name Blache as HC and Lewis as OC for the rest of the year.

I'm not dead but this team is dead to me...but now that McCloughan is here they may have new life!

Jay Gruden = Zorny McSpurrier
Kirk Cousins = Next Grossman
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 07:29 PM   #54
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

It doesnt matter what the players are doing. Zorn made some horrible calls this game. Stretch on the GL when you know you are having problems with the play.

That warrants a firing.
Old 10-11-2009, 07:30 PM   #55
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

Snyder needs to go, but for now I am a livid passionate fan. I want to see blood.
Old 10-11-2009, 07:32 PM   #56
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

zorn took a playoff team and ruined it. He went 6-2 in his first 8 games because he was coasting on Gibbs team. Once he instituted his own gameplan, things went downhill fast. Zorn is a horrible head coach and doesnt deserve to keep his job. That said, the problems with this organization start at the top with the owner and "gm" who hired zorn in the first place.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 07:33 PM   #57
Paintrain
Pro Bowl

Peter King said Shanahan will NOT coach anywhere during the season and will likely clean house on the coaching staff wherever he ends up meaning Vinny would have to step down. FWIW, Mort said earlier this week that Vinny would have no problem doing that for the right guy because he's a team player.

I'm not dead but this team is dead to me...but now that McCloughan is here they may have new life!

Jay Gruden = Zorny McSpurrier
Kirk Cousins = Next Grossman
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 07:39 PM   #58
ForkLifter
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
Peter King said Shanahan will NOT coach anywhere during the season and will likely clean house on the coaching staff wherever he ends up meaning Vinny would have to step down. FWIW, Mort said earlier this week that Vinny would have no problem doing that for the right guy because he's a team player.
So if Vinny stepped down, he'd be out of the organization right???
ForkLifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 07:39 PM   #59
SBprimetime
Special Teams

I wish we had McDaniels. Did anybody see the fire he showed after beating the Pats?
Old 10-11-2009, 07:40 PM   #60
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBprimetime View Post
I wish we had McDaniels. Did anybody see the fire he showed after beating the Pats?
That was a good game. McDaniels appears to be for real.