Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Week 5: Highs and Lows

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-11-2009, 07:00 PM   #1
tdSKINS1
Impact Rookie

Week 5: Highs and Lows

"What to say... what to say? A pretty embarrassing game if you ask me. I guess I'm at the point now where even though it is week 5 and yes we are 2-3 and of course there is always a chance to rebound that there is no way this team will get better. What you see is what you get with the Redskins and I see no signs of improvement anytime soon. Here are my highs and lows of Week 5.." Read more at
The Trevor Haupt Blog
#21 Never Forget
HOKIES!
tdSKINS1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-11-2009, 08:46 PM   #2
SUNRA
The Starter

Re: Week 5: Highs and Lows

I think Todd Collins gets the nod after another loss to a winless team. Collins is 4-0 in regular season and understands the west coast offense better than most QB's. Campbells' contract will not be extended so cut your'e losses now.
Old 10-11-2009, 10:17 PM   #3
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Offense: Turned 2 TO's into 2 TD's - Scoring in the red-zone has been a problem all season, today being the exception.

Running game: Portis once again failed to exceede 100yds. rushing.

Passing game: QB had good pass completion percentage/good QB rating/all for less than 200yds. passing. Overall offense lacks imagination, and the ability to create for itself when plays break down, some of which can be attributed to an inept OL.

Defense: Played solid but uneven at times. Tackling continues to be a problem.

Special Teams: Forced fumble led to first score - Gave up one long return - Misplayed punt late in game which contributed to a Carolina score. Call them "medium" for the day, what they gave in the first qtr. they took back in the 4th.

Thomas, Davis and Kelly got slightly involved, results, sporadic at best would be the way I would characterize their efforts.

BL: Team lacks consistency across the board.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 10:24 PM   #4
44Deezel
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUNRA View Post
I think Todd Collins gets the nod after another loss to a winless team. Collins is 4-0 in regular season and understands the west coast offense better than most QB's. Campbells' contract will not be extended so cut your'e losses now.
Yeah, put Collins in. Why not? Campbell is not the answer and won't be pursued by any of the other 31 teams in the league, except for backup duty. It's not entirely his fault, but he's the 1 guy who touches the ball on every Offensive play. He gets the credit when they win and the blame when they lose... goes with the territory. There's no reason they shouldn't be willing to make a change at ANY position. QB is no different.
Old 10-11-2009, 10:43 PM   #5
tdSKINS1
Impact Rookie

I hate to say this but right now nothing seems to work. Why not just put in Collins? I'm not saying Jason is the main problem at all but maybe the team needs some sort of spark like that. It worked last time we changed.
#21 Never Forget
HOKIES!
Old 10-11-2009, 10:45 PM   #6
53Fan
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longtimefan View Post
Offense: Turned 2 TO's into 2 TD's - Scoring in the red-zone has been a problem all season, today being the exception.

Running game: Portis once again failed to exceede 100yds. rushing.

Passing game: QB had good pass completion percentage/good QB rating/all for less than 200yds. passing. Overall offense lacks imagination, and the ability to create for itself when plays break down, some of which can be attributed to an inept OL.

Defense: Played solid but uneven at times. Tackling continues to be a problem.

Special Teams: Forced fumble led to first score - Gave up one long return - Misplayed punt late in game which contributed to a Carolina score. Call them "medium" for the day, what they gave in the first qtr. they took back in the 4th.

Thomas, Davis and Kelly got slightly involved, results, sporadic at best would be the way I would characterize their efforts.

BL: Team lacks consistency across the board.
Well put. That about sums it up.
Old 10-11-2009, 11:17 PM   #7
skins89moss
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44Deezel View Post
Yeah, put Collins in. Why not? Campbell is not the answer and won't be pursued by any of the other 31 teams in the league, except for backup duty. It's not entirely his fault, but he's the 1 guy who touches the ball on every Offensive play. He gets the credit when they win and the blame when they lose... goes with the territory. There's no reason they shouldn't be willing to make a change at ANY position. QB is no different.
We put Collins with no mobility he will be killed with the garbage O-Line we have. He will have to hold the ball cause our WR dont get open he cant move it will be ugly quickly for him.
Old 10-11-2009, 11:21 PM   #8
44Deezel
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins89moss View Post
We put Collins with no mobility he will be killed with the garbage O-Line we have. He will have to hold the ball cause our WR dont get open he cant move it will be ugly quickly for him.
Uglier than 198 yards of total Offense against the winless Panthers? And the O-line was pathetic until Collins came in a few years ago. Then they were miraculously good when Collins came in and started passing the ball with quickness and precision. But you're probably right. With this round of injuries, the O line problems are probably too much to overcome at this point. Season over.
Old 10-11-2009, 11:21 PM   #9
tdSKINS1
Impact Rookie

Everyone knew if we didn't get some depth on the O-line this was going to happen. Fuck the front office
#21 Never Forget
HOKIES!
Old 10-11-2009, 11:23 PM   #10
44Deezel
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdSKINS1 View Post
I hate to say this but right now nothing seems to work. Why not just put in Collins? I'm not saying Jason is the main problem at all but maybe the team needs some sort of spark like that. It worked last time we changed.
QB is the one position that affects change everywhere. Couldn't hurt. If McNabb can be benched, so can Campbell. Who knows. Maybe the team will rally around JC like the Eagles did around McNabb last year.
Old 10-11-2009, 11:24 PM   #11
44Deezel
The Starter

Saw something about John Runyan on Twitter. Is he even an option at this point? Can he still play?
Old 10-11-2009, 11:34 PM   #12
tdSKINS1
Impact Rookie

This team is honestly just feeling the effects of not managing this team right years ago. We didn't draft right, we overpay vets, Danny runs the team like a fantasy football manager and we will float around mediocrity for years it this continues to be the way this team is ran.
#21 Never Forget
HOKIES!
Old 10-11-2009, 11:36 PM   #13
dmvskinzfan08
Impact Rookie

Does it seem like when the O-line is blocking well no one is open. But when the o-line isn't blocking well they are open. WTF is up with Sellers? He got that money and lost his beastly hunger in the process.
HTTR 09 - RIP#21
HATERS << Misery Loves Company
dmvskinzfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 11:40 PM   #14
Redskin Warrior
The Starter

Quote:
Uglier than 198 yards of total Offense against the winless Panthers? And the O-line was pathetic until Collins came in a few years ago. Then they were miraculously good when Collins came in and started passing the ball with quickness and precision. But you're probably right. With this round of injuries, the O line problems are probably too much to overcome at this point. Season over.
Well for one like i posted before TC excelled in Saunders offense this offense we are in is totally different and about 450 pages short of Saunders. Secondly, the o-line was better back then Dock played a lot better in his first sting with the skins. Thomas was there so was Jansen, so there are some huge differences in then and now. In conclusion TC is hella i mean hella slow not mobile if the line breaks down like it did today we would be worse off. The season isn't over for us just yet Tennesse's season is over at 0-5 not so much at 2-3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
First they ban winning...now this?
Redskin Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 11:42 PM   #15
redskinsgirl
Camp Scrub

Quote:
QB is the one position that affects change everywhere. Couldn't hurt. If McNabb can be benched, so can Campbell. Who knows. Maybe the team will rally around JC like the Eagles did around McNabb last year.
I think the Eagles "rally" had more to do with Andy Reid improved playcalling in the second half of the season than McNabb getting bench.

What is the point of benching JC if Zorn's playcalling doesn't improve?
redskinsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote