Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Panthers)

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-13-2009, 02:31 AM   #121
dmvskinzfan08
Impact Rookie

Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Panthers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhettoDogAllStars View Post
Calling a sweep in your own endzone: stupid.
Yeah I was like we can't get in the end zone running a sweep what makes them think we can get out. Someone is stubborn between him and Smith. I think they should let Smith go and let Sherm Lewis take his position. We don't need to dumb asses. Zorn is enough. I just feel like Smith has his head up his ass. Zorn seems like he is pretty humble. Smith not so much.
HTTR 09 - RIP#21
HATERS << Misery Loves Company
dmvskinzfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-13-2009, 02:36 AM   #122
dmvskinzfan08
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
The way the current CBA is set up, we can offer him a RFA tender at 120% of his current salary, (which comes to roughly $3 million dollars) and receive compensation for him if he leaves.

This would not prevent the Redskins from bringing in outside competition for the job.
IF it's a uncapped season. I would totally do this. I would keep Campbell for emergency purposes. Let Collin old ass go. If Colt shows us some discipline in preseason keep him and then draft a QB. Problem with that is we need OLs. I would get a free agent OL and Draft a QB with your first pick (Bradford - if not I would get a OL with the first). The rest OL and maybe pick up a sleeper RB with your last pick. We'd have to sign a free agent LB also. But someone who produces and can take Orakpo's spot. Because he can't cover ish!!
HTTR 09 - RIP#21
HATERS << Misery Loves Company
dmvskinzfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 05:25 AM   #123
skins89moss
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmanc711 View Post
I honestly am worried about Jason Campbells saftey at this point. When we start playing some of these teams after the bye, we seirously are going to need to protect with 9 guys to try to keep him upright. Seriously, he's gonna wind up in the hospital. The protection is that bad.
You are serioulsy right. Our O-line is just down right sad. They had a Jail break with a 4 man rush and we kept Cooley in to help.
Old 10-13-2009, 05:30 AM   #124
skins89moss
Playmaker

I think this Sunday vs KC if we dont win this game at home we are looking at a possible 4-12 season. When we play the Raiders thats not even a for sure win because we go to the west coast that kills us like last season vs 49ers.
Old 10-13-2009, 10:27 AM   #125
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskin Warrior View Post
Yeah that's why i don't understand drafting a QB next year, let's be real i highly doubt we will be in the running for the super bowl anytime soon. The faster we get our o-line right the faster i think we can draft another QB. I really worried about JC as well hope he can get through the season ok.
Well considering it takes a 1st round QB 2-3 years to develop and 1st round O-linemen can play right away, it actually makes more sense to draft a QB next year (we should be in position to land Tebow or McCoy), sit them for a year, then draft linemen in in later rounds in 2010 and the 1st round in 2011. That way, in 2011, you've got your star QB ready to go behind a solid O-line; whereas if you went OL in 2010 and QB in 2011, you wouldnt be seeing returns on your QB investment until 2012 or 2013.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote