Rodgers talks about redskins organization

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-18-2011, 02:00 PM   #46
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Re: Rodgers talks about redskins organization

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I'm just sayin' ..you're calling out Carlos for not catching int's. Yeah he didn't catch the ball, he's not a top corner, but I'd take him over any of these bums we currently have.
It's not my fault Carlos is crying about not being "nutured"(aka PAID). Like it or not, catching picks helps a corner get paid. Coverage also gets a corner paid. But it's not about one or the other. You have to have both to be paid the big bucks.

He could have taken the signing of Hall as a challenge and played lights out. He would have gotten his wish of getting paid if did that, because that's how the NFL normally works. You perform, you get the money. End of story.

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-18-2011, 02:02 PM   #47
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirClintonPortis View Post
Rule #1 about getting a fat 2nd or 3rd contract in the NFL: you must have had at least one really damn good year first. Rogers didn't have such a year. Whether Hall didn't deserve his respective contract does not matter. In the hypothetical scenario in which DeAngelo Hall were not on the team, Carlos Rogers STILL would not have been "nurtured" with the 10 million per year contract he wanted because he didn't follow this rule. Can't catch a cold and his coverage was good, but hardly elite(he had his fair share of burnings).
2008 was an elite season for Rogers, and 2007 was just as good, though injury shortened. Your points that depend on acceptance that Rogers was never an elite player are not strong. He was just contractually tied to the Redskins, so what 31 opponents thought of his value at that time wasn't relevant.
Old 11-18-2011, 02:03 PM   #48
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Let me get this straight... he gets drafted and throughout his career here he plays above average. Does just enough to keep his starting job. Then has a couple of years where he gets injured and either can't finish the season or can't start. He leaves and is having one, thats 1 awesome year and he feels the need to run his mouth. Ok.

I'll give him credit for one thing.... I agree with his one statement.... this team does not work very hard to keep their players on this team. But we all know why for the most part... players like him think they deserve a ton of money after their original contract has expired yet they have not done much to show they deserve it, and the numbers don't reflect that they deserve it. But the team had been in CAP hell for so many years they either could not afford to keep players who wanted bigger contracts or the players wanted to leave for greener pastors.

To Rogers: The 49ers will give you some really dumb high priced contract for how well you did this year, then you'll show them why we got rid of your arse by not being as good throughtout the rest of your career.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 02:20 PM   #49
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
2008 was an elite season for Rogers, and 2007 was just as good, though injury shortened. Your points that depend on acceptance that Rogers was never an elite player are not strong. He was just contractually tied to the Redskins, so what 31 opponents thought of his value at that time wasn't relevant.
I can grant that he has two great years. Even so, having those great seasons is only the first step. The next step is maintaining such play and showing improvement in areas of weakness. I loved Rogers in 2008, but I didn't feel the same for the rest of his time here .

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
Old 11-18-2011, 02:57 PM   #50
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

The guys having his best year now, he's probowl level this year, brought his entire game together.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 03:35 PM   #51
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
It's not my fault Carlos is crying about not being "nutured"(aka PAID). Like it or not, catching picks helps a corner get paid. Coverage also gets a corner paid. But it's not about one or the other. You have to have both to be paid the big bucks.

He could have taken the signing of Hall as a challenge and played lights out. He would have gotten his wish of getting paid if did that, because that's how the NFL normally works. You perform, you get the money. End of story.
Well he did deserve a raise from the Redskins and didn't get it. Did he deserve to be paid 10 mil? No. But he didn't deserve to get low balled either.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 03:39 PM   #52
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

I've always said that I hate Carlos Rogers and thought that he was an awful player because he couldn't do his job. His job, as in intercept the ball, as in catching it, as in he has no hands.

Well now I find out that his eyes were his real problem. The 49ers listened, and now he's arguably the best CB in the NFC right now. He's playing well. His team is winning and is much better than us. So, the man has every reason to speak and talk trash about us because we're nothing and they're something. Carlos is great right now, our corners aren't.

I will say that I agree 100% with him that this organization worries too much about paying the Free Agents before they worry about paying the draft picks. I've said it a million times before and I'll say it again, YOU WIN IN THIS LEAGUE BY BUILDING THROUGH THE DRAFT, NOT FREE AGENCY. Free Agency is quick repairs or if you have very little needs, not build a team around.
Old 11-18-2011, 03:47 PM   #53
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Well he did deserve a raise from the Redskins and didn't get it. Did he deserve to be paid 10 mil? No. But he didn't deserve to get low balled either.

The way I look at it is he got top 10 money for those years he played here and didn't deserve it. It's why they didn't reward him with a big time contract. That and his attitude.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 03:50 PM   #54
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Is 4 million for one year being low balled? Carlos's interview sounds he is saying "if you had paid me, I'd be performing like this". Well, Carlos doesn't realize he's playing lights out for 4 million dollars and a one year contract.

He deserves a big payday from the 49ers. He absolutely DID NOT deserve one while he was here. Why? Because he didn't do enough to deserve it while he was here. Corners need to cover and they need to catch picks if they want the big bucks. He's doing both now. He wasn't here. That's why he deserves to be paid now and not then.

Last edited by SirClintonPortis; 11-18-2011 at 03:52 PM.
Old 11-18-2011, 04:07 PM   #55
skinster
Impact Rookie

I wonder if the redskins even tried to retain him? I've always thought he was better than Hall and an underrated player. Halls making more than 9 mil a year over six years, Wilson is getting more than 4 mil a year over three years. I find it hard to believe we valued rodgers less than Wilson, so why couldn't we split the difference give rodgers 6 mil a year for 5 years? Seems like he would have accepted it considering his best offer was a one year contract for 4 mil, and is bitter the redskins didn't "take care of him." Was anything offered?
skinster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 04:21 PM   #56
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
I've always said that I hate Carlos Rogers and thought that he was an awful player because he couldn't do his job. His job, as in intercept the ball, as in catching it, as in he has no hands.

Well now I find out that his eyes were his real problem. The 49ers listened, and now he's arguably the best CB in the NFC right now. He's playing well. His team is winning and is much better than us. So, the man has every reason to speak and talk trash about us because we're nothing and they're something. Carlos is great right now, our corners aren't.

I will say that I agree 100% with him that this organization worries too much about paying the Free Agents before they worry about paying the draft picks. I've said it a million times before and I'll say it again, YOU WIN IN THIS LEAGUE BY BUILDING THROUGH THE DRAFT, NOT FREE AGENCY. Free Agency is quick repairs or if you have very little needs, not build a team around.
He took physicals here every year, including getting his eyes checked. That's beside the point anyway. His argument that the Redskins don't keep their own doesn't hold water. Like I said before every team keeps players (for example Cooley) and makes tough decisions to let others go (Rogers). This is why a guy like Rogers, when he demands a Derrick Dockery like contract because he's broke and the Redskins say no we won't pay you that much, can at least know he can go somehwere else where he will replace a player who has not been re-signed, such as Nate Clements
Old 11-18-2011, 04:24 PM   #57
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinster View Post
I wonder if the redskins even tried to retain him? I've always thought he was better than Hall and an underrated player. Halls making more than 9 mil a year over six years, Wilson is getting more than 4 mil a year over three years. I find it hard to believe we valued rodgers less than Wilson, so why couldn't we split the difference give rodgers 6 mil a year for 5 years? Seems like he would have accepted it considering his best offer was a one year contract for 4 mil, and is bitter the redskins didn't "take care of him." Was anything offered?
I'm no insider, but the chump called himself the second-best corner on the market and that he was the next in line after Nnamdi to get the fat bucks.

Quote:
“My agent’s real confident that I’m going to get a good contract. After [Oakland’s Nnamdi Asomugha), who’s going to get real big money, I’m the next corner out there. You hear that the Cowboys and Eagles are looking for a corner. It would be fun to play against the Redskins twice a year.”
David Elfin On Sports: Redskins’ Rogers Is Ready For Change « CBS Washington

Old 11-18-2011, 04:44 PM   #58
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

I think he's closer to the....Clinton Portis end of the Cash train..
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 05:12 PM   #59
skinster
Impact Rookie

Quote:
I'm no insider, but the chump called himself the second-best corner on the market and that he was the next in line after Nnamdi to get the fat bucks.

David Elfin On Sports: Redskins’ Rogers Is Ready For Change « CBS Washington
I don't care how good you think you are. You have a 30 mil offer in front of your face with a 4 mil offer being your next, you take the 30. I don't care how cocky rogers is, the risk is just too high to not take the deal you have presented to you. Injury, not being used well in the new system, any number of things can happen. If he had anything but the year he's having, his paycheck would probably have significantly decreased. He'll be 31 in the first year of his new contract, thats not a big incentive to dish out a high-end, long term deal to anyone but a superstar.
skinster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 08:13 PM   #60
Skins4L
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
He's that good. Time to lead the Packers to a 9-0 record and analyze our team. Dude's a stud

As for Carlos Rogers his comments are comical. Every team makes decisions to keep some players and get rid of others.

Or maybe Carlos forgot that he's only in San Francisco because the Niners decided to let Nate Clements go
god i wish we had the real Rodgers. Woulda made stuff alot easier...

Funny how Carlos steps up now though and runs his mouth like it was being a Skin that held him down excuse maker. He was decent but we know he couldnt just catch it here.