Giants part 1 Dumpster Fire postgame

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-18-2020, 09:15 PM   #16
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Re: Giants part 1 Dumpster Fire postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Can we just cut Collins? Our safeties combo is bottom 3 in the league? It’s terrible folks
Awful!

D.E. was starting today. That's how bad it is. He is a career special teamer.

C.H. looked to be an improvement over what had been out there but there were a ton of run fits where LBs or safeties missed their gap and/or the tackle.

Really poor performance from the safeties and LBs fresh from the game. Interested to hear the film breakdown.

Advertisements
Old 10-18-2020, 09:23 PM   #17
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

If RR was trying to lose, Haskins would still be starting. He tried to win, and it didn't work. There's no tanking going on. Collectively, they're just not very good right now.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 09:33 PM   #18
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
If RR was trying to lose, Haskins would still be starting. He tried to win, and it didn't work. There's no tanking going on. Collectively, they're just not very good right now.
I'm sorry but no he didn't. Or if that was him trying to win you have to question his football IQ.
Last year when the Dolphins went for 2 in the same situation we all knew what it meant.
He either didn't care about winning or is awful at understanding situational football.

Envoyé de mon SM-J320FN en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 10-18-2020, 09:41 PM   #19
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Ron is playing for next yr and after.. He knows this team is bad and there is no point in winning meaningless games if you can grab Lawrence/Fields in this draft
I'm done with this season too. Idk who to blame for the terrible offense, but everybody is garbage. The playcalling is garbage. Kyle Allen is garbage. The pass blocking is garbage. The run blocking is garbage. The non-Terry Mac wideouts are garbage. The tight ends are garbage.

It says a lot that Rivera hypes up Allen as the guy he has the most trust in, and then Allen goes out and his only difference is putting a couple td's on the board, but they're both negated by absolutely terrible turnovers. Allen looks like a future Ryan Fitzpatrick, only we really haven't seen Allen's magic yet (even giving credit for both td's today, congrats on the fade TD too that only took us 7 years to finally complete).

The defense is garbage (basing this on giving up huge goddamn plays every fucking game. Force a turnover you fucks. The Fuller pick doesn't count, that was a gift from the refs). Even with all the adjustments and personnel swaps we are sooooooooooo far from competing with actual decent teams.

Anybody who thinks we're competing for a division title right now is nuts. This includes Riverboat Ron. Compete for the future and try to develop the young talent, and hopefully we get a decent qb in the draft, because with 1 win we've probably already lost the 1st overall pick to the Jets.
Old 10-18-2020, 09:42 PM   #20
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

I’ll wait to judge after the A22 but where the hell has chase young been?
Old 10-18-2020, 09:47 PM   #21
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I'm done with this season too. Idk who to blame for the terrible offense, but everybody is garbage. The playcalling is garbage. Kyle Allen is garbage. The pass blocking is garbage. The run blocking is garbage. The non-Terry Mac wideouts are garbage. The tight ends are garbage.

It says a lot that Rivera hypes up Allen as the guy he has the most trust in, and then Allen goes out and his only difference is putting a couple td's on the board, but they're both negated by absolutely terrible turnovers. Allen looks like a future Ryan Fitzpatrick, only we really haven't seen Allen's magic yet (even giving credit for both td's today, congrats on the fade TD too that only took us 7 years to finally complete).

The defense is garbage (basing this on giving up huge goddamn plays every fucking game. Force a turnover you fucks. The Fuller pick doesn't count, that was a gift from the refs). Even with all the adjustments and personnel swaps we are sooooooooooo far from competing with actual decent teams.

Anybody who thinks we're competing for a division title right now is nuts. This includes Riverboat Ron. Compete for the future and try to develop the young talent, and hopefully we get a decent qb in the draft, because with 1 win we've probably already lost the 1st overall pick to the Jets.

Looking at our schedule, I’m not sure they win another game. Certainly won’t be favored in anymore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-18-2020, 09:48 PM   #22
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
I’ll wait to judge after the A22 but where the hell has chase young been?
The entire dline...1 sack today. Pathetic

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 10:02 PM   #23
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post

Well to be fair, that last call sure didn't look like trying to win the division. The narrative being put out there doesn't match the decisions being made.
Old 10-18-2020, 10:28 PM   #24
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Very frustrated we have a great WR under a rookie deal and by the time we get the QB situation straightened out he will be playing for another team.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 10:59 PM   #25
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

From PFF:

The Giants have one of the worst pass-protecting offensive lines in the NFL, having allowed the second-most pressures (99) through the first five weeks. But facing off against a defensive line that featured five first-round picks, New York held up in the trenches and allowed just five total pressures.

What happened?

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 11:05 PM   #26
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
I'm sorry but no he didn't. Or if that was him trying to win you have to question his football IQ.
Last year when the Dolphins went for 2 in the same situation we all knew what it meant.
He either didn't care about winning or is awful at understanding situational football.

Envoyé de mon SM-J320FN en utilisant Tapatalk
Don't be sorry, you're entitled to your opinion. I just disagree with it. They call him Riverboat Ron for a reason. This isn't the first time he decided to try the two point conversion for the win, rather than attempt the extra point to force overtime.

Perhaps I'm in the minority, but I liked the decision.
Old 10-18-2020, 11:08 PM   #27
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

I tend to agree with Frenchie. If this was about instilling culture and winning he would use time outs in one score games.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 11:20 PM   #28
rocnrik
Playmaker

What is the answer ? No Jay,Manusky,Callahan .. Bruce is gone.. everything we thought needed to happen .. except Snyder ..sigh , my guess is Ron is scratching his head over the lack of D play .. but he knew as well as all of us the O was bad ..we have maybe 4 players on offense that are really good .. I wonder if we would have used all those number one picks on Offense if we would be this bad .. I can’t believe we would be worse ..
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 11:23 PM   #29
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
Yop.
Last season, same situation, Dolphins went for 2 against us. We all knew what it meant. We were all aware we just got handed an easy win by a team who had given up on the season and wasn't trying to win.
We're on the other hand of the same situation.
Rivera went for the loss.
Seeing as the dolphins ended with more wins than we did last year I dont think they gifted us a win. We went for the win and it didnt work. It happens. We are a bad team with some good pieces that can be built around (Young, Sweat, Allen, Payne, Matty I. Fuller, McLaurin, and I do like what we have seen from Gibson) our offensive line is terrible and has to be addressed as well as our safeties among other things. The Giants put up 34 last week vs. the Cowboys and outside of that run by Jones they didnt have explosive break your back plays. Both of their TDs came directly from turnovers. We all knew we werent gonna be good this year but we didnt know that the division would be absolutely garbage too.

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 11:27 PM   #30
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Ok maybe you're right. Maybe he's tanking. He went for two and ordered the offense to stay out of the end zone. Or maybe it was a secret handshake between he and Kyle...or a wink...

I'm not buying it. I'll give you the timeout usage in the one score games. I don't understand that. But I don't think he's deliberately trying not to win. If the play had worked it would be a different tune in here. Sometimes the other team just executes better.