Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Washington Football > Locker Room Main Forum


Washington Football Team Defense 2021

Locker Room Main Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2021, 08:11 AM   #76
GridIron26
Playmaker
 
GridIron26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 2,616
Re: Washington Football Team Defense 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalper View Post
I love playing more man and moving towards man DBs. Tough to find great man CBs and DBs though, hope we have. Allows you to be super aggressive pass rushing. Richard Sherman (the antithesis of a man CB) is average at best without a HOF FS behind him, versus more Darrell Green type CBs.

I'm not sure I buy that Juste a man CB, especially deeper, but let's hope he is.

FO is clearly reworking roster gradually, DBs, OL, WR, to make it in the mold they want. I expect the same at RB and LB much more next year, and secondary as well, in the draft. We desperately need a home-run threat RB.
Are you saying that Gibson isn't the guy?
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-01-2021, 08:14 AM   #77
GridIron26
Playmaker
 
GridIron26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 2,616
Re: Washington Football Team Defense 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by DYoungJelly View Post
https://www.hogshaven.com/2021/5/31/...g-to-get-scary

Idk about the quality of the opinion in the article, but Warren Sharp whose work serves as the foundation is on the cutting edge of analytics. The premise passes the eye test.
I like and agree with the article, although I don't believe we will switch to man to man 100% next season. I think we will mix it up evenly. It's not going to be easy to contain mobile QBs with the man to man defense.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 08:39 AM   #78
FrenchSkin
Playmaker
 
FrenchSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 3,169
Re: Washington Football Team Defense 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
I like and agree with the article, although I don't believe we will switch to man to man 100% next season. I think we will mix it up evenly. It's not going to be easy to contain mobile QBs with the man to man defense.
Does any team in the NFL do it ? I don't think you can go 100% man, you have to keep the offense guessing a minimum, and in some situations man can be quite risky, IMO even in a man heavy system, you have to wrinkle in some zone.
__________________
Proud Ambassador of the Redskins French Nation
Team Heinicke Fan Club VP of Global Operations
FrenchSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 09:01 AM   #79
BaltimoreSkins
Playmaker
 
BaltimoreSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Parkton, MD
Posts: 3,086
Re: Washington Football Team Defense 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
Does any team in the NFL do it ? I don't think you can go 100% man, you have to keep the offense guessing a minimum, and in some situations man can be quite risky, IMO even in a man heavy system, you have to wrinkle in some zone.
Just a guess but you probably are not running too much man in 3rd and 20 situations.
BaltimoreSkins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 09:08 AM   #80
GridIron26
Playmaker
 
GridIron26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 2,616
Re: Washington Football Team Defense 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
Does any team in the NFL do it ? I don't think you can go 100% man, you have to keep the offense guessing a minimum, and in some situations man can be quite risky, IMO even in a man heavy system, you have to wrinkle in some zone.
Sorry I didn't explain it clearly, I meant we are not going to go 180 degree with the defense - we ran zone cover 62% of time last year (according to the article) and I don't think we will go with man to man coverage 60% or more next year.
We play Hurts, Prescott, Rodgers, Jones, Allen, Herbert and Mahomes this year and all those QBs can run. Although we could try to counter this challenge by using Curl or Collins as a spy to try contain those QBs.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 09:30 AM   #81
FrenchSkin
Playmaker
 
FrenchSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 3,169
Re: Washington Football Team Defense 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
Sorry I didn't explain it clearly, I meant we are not going to go 180 degree with the defense - we ran zone cover 62% of time last year (according to the article) and I don't think we will go with man to man coverage 60% or more next year.
We play Hurts, Prescott, Rodgers, Jones, Allen, Herbert and Mahomes this year and all those QBs can run. Although we could try to counter this challenge by using Curl or Collins as a spy to try contain those QBs.
Good point.
And on top of those we play many very good QBs that we'll have to keep guessing a minimum. Otherwise the likes of Brady, Wilson and Ryan will have a lot of fun identifying good man to man match ups pre snaps...
__________________
Proud Ambassador of the Redskins French Nation
Team Heinicke Fan Club VP of Global Operations
FrenchSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 10:48 AM   #82
Schneed10
A Dude
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Posts: 12,064
Re: Washington Football Team Defense 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalper View Post
I love playing more man and moving towards man DBs. Tough to find great man CBs and DBs though, hope we have. Allows you to be super aggressive pass rushing. Richard Sherman (the antithesis of a man CB) is average at best without a HOF FS behind him, versus more Darrell Green type CBs.

I'm not sure I buy that Juste a man CB, especially deeper, but let's hope he is.

FO is clearly reworking roster gradually, DBs, OL, WR, to make it in the mold they want. I expect the same at RB and LB much more next year, and secondary as well, in the draft. We desperately need a home-run threat RB.
Gibson ran a 4.39 what more do you want in a homerun threat??
__________________
God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 10:58 AM   #83
Ruhskins
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 20,507
Re: Washington Football Team Defense 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Gibson ran a 4.39 what more do you want in a homerun threat??
With a more credible/reliable passing game and a year under his belt, I'm looking forward to Gibson's sophomore outing.
__________________
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 12:31 PM   #84
Monkeydad
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 17,455
Re: Washington Football Team Defense 2021

__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 12:35 PM   #85
Pervis_Griffith
Special Teams
 
Pervis_Griffith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Louisville KY
Posts: 420
Re: Washington Football Team Defense 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
With a more credible/reliable passing game and a year under his belt, I'm looking forward to Gibson's sophomore outing.

YES.

Gibson's arc for improvement is sky high, given how little he has played the position. Add in last year's covid-influenced LACK of off/pre-season work, and I think his ceiling goes even higher.
Pervis_Griffith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 03:39 PM   #86
Monkeydad
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 17,455
Re: Washington Football Team Defense 2021

__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 04:18 PM   #87
Giantone
MVP
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 10,269
Re: Washington Football Team Defense 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
My NFCE qb rankings:

1. Dak
2. Hurts - just for playmaking ability right now with his legs, he still needs work at throwing
3. Fitzmagic - he's consistently inconsistent. If he could be consistently above average he'd be #2 on this list.
4. Jones - he's obv. still a work in progress, but shouldn't be overlooked considering he's 4-0 against us.
LOL, your jones hate is interesting .

1) Dak , still the #1 in the NFC East but I am interested in how he recovers form the injury.
2) Fitz , He is streaky but when he is hot he is good and you can't be in the league this long and suck ,even as a back up.
3) Jones , Third year but his second with all the same coaches and system , add in while mobile and one of the best deep ball passers last year was never suppose to be the #1 rusher on the team. Better weapons this is his make it or break it year.
4) Hurts , the Eagle will wreck him and their #1 pic.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 04:36 PM   #88
SunnySide
The Starter
 
SunnySide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 2,266
Re: Washington Football Team Defense 2021

Hurts may be the worst starting QB week 1.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 07:17 PM   #89
mooby
liberal snowflake
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 17,933
Re: Washington Football Team Defense 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
LOL, your jones hate is interesting .

1) Dak , still the #1 in the NFC East but I am interested in how he recovers form the injury.
2) Fitz , He is streaky but when he is hot he is good and you can't be in the league this long and suck ,even as a back up.
3) Jones , Third year but his second with all the same coaches and system , add in while mobile and one of the best deep ball passers last year was never suppose to be the #1 rusher on the team. Better weapons this is his make it or break it year.
4) Hurts , the Eagle will wreck him and their #1 pic.
You're late to this thread by a country mile but I'll take the L.

You guys are shitting on Jalen Hurts and I do not have the energy to disagree. I thought he showed promise in our games against them last year. Apparently everybody has already concluded he's crap.

I take the L on this one. Jones is 3rd despite leading the league in turnovers since he became a starter (if I'm remembering correctly, feel free to dispute me on that) and Hurts is 4th. Congratulations.
__________________
Hail to the Football Team
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We have no official affiliation with the Washington Football Team or the NFL. But our culture is damn good!
Page generated in 0.15275 seconds with 9 queries