The law enforcement thread

Debating with the enemy

Old 04-21-2021, 05:01 AM   #16
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Re: The law enforcement thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
All the mass shootings, violence in the big cities and all the bullshit riots we’ve seen. Biden is responsible for all of it
Drunk uncle at it again..........................

Advertisements
Old 04-21-2021, 10:00 AM   #17
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Mtk, u sound like the msnbc guy mad this evening because he couldn’t get to bitch about the injustice tonight.

And there quite a few of those takes, completely the worst, bad faith I’ve seen.

Well that’s not the worst...Pelosi took the crown.

Well at least until Biden takes credit later tonight.

Thanks to Trump administration, specifically Barr removing the plea option of 3rd degree off the table as too soon and too lenient
Not mad at all, totally relieved mostly, and thankful.

Just stating the fact the system isn't perfect but it worked in this case.
Old 04-21-2021, 10:55 AM   #18
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Not mad at all, totally relieved mostly, and thankful.

Just stating the fact the system isn't perfect but it worked in this case.
It feels weird that he was found guilty of everything. Like everything has been such shit for the past couple years, this just seems like it went too easy. Maybe the tides are turning.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 11:22 AM   #19
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
It feels weird that he was found guilty of everything. Like everything has been such shit for the past couple years, this just seems like it went too easy. Maybe the tides are turning.
It was the right verdict no doubt...I was a little surprised all charges were found guilty.

I think something loss in the trial which was evident, Chauvin actions were not racially motivated. No evidence in his past and believe me, the prosecution turned over every stone. Zero, zilch nada...no evidence in his character. I know USA Today, NYT looked everywhere to feed that narrative, but it was a nothing burger, Chauvin wasn’t a racist

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 11:44 AM   #20
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Chauvin actions were not racially motivated. No evidence in his past and believe me, the prosecution turned over every stone. Zero, zilch nada...no evidence in his character. I know USA Today, NYT looked everywhere to feed that narrative, but it was a nothing burger, Chauvin wasn’t a racist
Please supply proof?
Old 04-21-2021, 11:45 AM   #21
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
It was the right verdict no doubt...I was a little surprised all charges were found guilty.

I think something loss in the trial which was evident, Chauvin actions were not racially motivated. No evidence in his past and believe me, the prosecution turned over every stone. Zero, zilch nada...no evidence in his character. I know USA Today, NYT looked everywhere to feed that narrative, but it was a nothing burger, Chauvin wasn’t a racist
A year since it happened, and literally nobody (with a public platform) talked about the racial angle until you brought it up.

The general consensus was that a cop was abusing his authority to "maintain control of the situation" by kneeling on someone's neck. Killing him. On video.

Keep trying Chico, one of these days maybe we'll turn on these so called media members who tried so hard to make this a racial thing.
Old 04-21-2021, 12:05 PM   #22
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
A year since it happened, and literally nobody (with a public platform) talked about the racial angle until you brought it up.

The general consensus was that a cop was abusing his authority to "maintain control of the situation" by kneeling on someone's neck. Killing him. On video.

Keep trying Chico, one of these days maybe we'll turn on these so called media members who tried so hard to make this a racial thing.
Man my sarcasm meter is spinning...are you serious here?

Really mooby? Nobody with a public platform brought up the racial angle? I’m the first one? 😂

Again, there seems to be some animosity here the justice was served and facts find Chauvin wasn’t racially motivated. These are good things right?

He Gets Us
Old 04-21-2021, 12:50 PM   #23
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Maybe but I would say that this is very different from a shooting which can be a split second or knee jerk reaction to a situation IMO a lot harder to prove intent. 9 minutes on someone's neck but who knows.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 02:52 PM   #24
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Man my sarcasm meter is spinning...are you serious here?

Really mooby? Nobody with a public platform brought up the racial angle? I’m the first one? 😂

Again, there seems to be some animosity here the justice was served and facts find Chauvin wasn’t racially motivated. These are good things right?
We all live in our own world.

Even serious anti-cop places like Reddit weren't gung-ho on the white/black angle.

We all see what we want to see.

The consensus opinion to me was "power tripping cop abused his authority."

Your last line about animosity here is ridiculous. It just reinforces why having a discussion with you is pointless because even when we agree that the bad cop finally got punished, we can't even agree on that. Idk why I waste my time.
Old 04-21-2021, 02:55 PM   #25
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
Maybe but I would say that this is very different from a shooting which can be a split second or knee jerk reaction to a situation IMO a lot harder to prove intent. 9 minutes on someone's neck but who knows.
I didn't mean weird, as in not correct, just that it actually happened. The way thing's have been all around, I just assumed something crazy would happen. I'm so cynical now.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 03:30 PM   #26
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
We all live in our own world.

Even serious anti-cop places like Reddit weren't gung-ho on the white/black angle.

We all see what we want to see.

The consensus opinion to me was "power tripping cop abused his authority."

Your last line about animosity here is ridiculous. It just reinforces why having a discussion with you is pointless because even when we agree that the bad cop finally got punished, we can't even agree on that. Idk why I waste my time.
We do agree...I just don’t know why you would fly off the hook at the obvious.

Lol...ok well I don’t know if you have seen the efforts to say this is systemic racism after the event or just last night on CBS, NBC, etc. but believe it or not folks made that obvious connection.

I thought it could be a hate crime if Chauvin did show a racial motivation. Which nothing in his background or character showed and certainly would have been brought up if was there.

But hey I’m sure if anybody even hinted at that on those message board you quickly pushed back. Good for you Mooby!

He Gets Us
Old 04-21-2021, 07:16 PM   #27
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Imagine being cop and running up to a house where a huge woman was wielding a kitchen knife attempting to stab folks and ending to the threat thinking you have saved someone life, only for the victims who were screaming for your help turn and ask why did you do that?

These aren’t people but pieces of shit. The cop should get an award

He Gets Us
Old 04-21-2021, 07:39 PM   #28
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Imagine being cop and running up to a house where a huge woman was wielding a kitchen knife attempting to stab folks and ending to the threat thinking you have saved someone life, only for the victims who were screaming for your help turn and ask why did you do that?

These aren’t people but pieces of shit. The cop should get an award
https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comment...lumbus_police/

It's funny, Lebron pulled a dumbass move and used his platform to push back against the cop before he watched the video.

Literally as soon as we see video it can change the entire narrative. Video doesn't lie.

I'd like to excuse the actions of the people who immediately questioned why a cop would shoot a knife-wielding maniac, but I'm gonna stay out of that one. It's easy to condemn them while we sit here in our comfy chairs chatting on a forum, but the shock of the situation means we all would react in our own way. I stand by the cop on that one.
Old 04-21-2021, 07:40 PM   #29
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
We do agree...I just don’t know why you would fly off the hook at the obvious.

Lol...ok well I don’t know if you have seen the efforts to say this is systemic racism after the event or just last night on CBS, NBC, etc. but believe it or not folks made that obvious connection.

I thought it could be a hate crime if Chauvin did show a racial motivation. Which nothing in his background or character showed and certainly would have been brought up if was there.

But hey I’m sure if anybody even hinted at that on those message board you quickly pushed back. Good for you Mooby!
In regards to this, the difference between me and you is I recognize when it's just a person with an opinion using a platform to spout it (and to further enrich their own personal lives making a living spouting opinions).

I don't put a lot of stock into them, but it seems you do. Keep fighting the good fight Chico, maybe someday your message board complaining will force the media to stop giving platforms to people for their opinions.
Old 04-21-2021, 09:29 PM   #30
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Best comment I saw about the lying media, anti cop folks:

“I really loved learning today that the number of people who have no tolerance for hate speech but are tolerant of teenagers having knife fights is greater than zero.”

Imagine being worth half a billion dollars and claiming oppressed. Lebron is the fakest piece of trash in the country...just like the oppressed fake narrative embrace by his trash culture

He Gets Us

Last edited by Chico23231; 04-21-2021 at 10:18 PM.