Coronavirus (sports edition) thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 07-19-2021, 03:20 PM   #46
Schneed10
A Dude

Re: Coronavirus (sports edition) thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
“Well deserved distrust” is as much as bullshit as any other…especially ages 40 and below.

Stop making excuses, it’s absolute nonsensical as minorities can’t get IDs for voting
Educate yourself. In the 1930s the government enrolled only African Americans in a study, without telling them it was a study, and promised them free health care in exchange. Those who had syphilis were eligible. They studied the long term effects of the disease, and despite the fact that a treatment was available, it was never given. They studied these people for 40 years to see what would happen.

That's human experimentation. It's one thing if you're signing up for a clinical trial for a cancer drug, knowing that it may not work, and they explain your chances and the theory and exactly what they'll be giving to you... and then they actually give you exactly what they say they would give you.

It's entirely different to conduct trials like this without telling people the deal.

There are very valid, deep-seated trust issues between the minority communities and the medical establishment.

Advertisements
Old 07-19-2021, 03:30 PM   #47
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Educate yourself. In the 1930s the government enrolled only African Americans in a study, without telling them it was a study, and promised them free health care in exchange. Those who had syphilis were eligible. They studied the long term effects of the disease, and despite the fact that a treatment was available, it was never given. They studied these people for 40 years to see what would happen.

That's human experimentation. It's one thing if you're signing up for a clinical trial for a cancer drug, knowing that it may not work, and they explain your chances and the theory and exactly what they'll be giving to you... and then they actually give you exactly what they say they would give you.

It's entirely different to conduct trials like this without telling people the deal.

There are very valid, deep-seated trust issues between the minority communities and the medical establishment.
While as disgusting as it was…not a reason why minorities are not getting a vaccine.

It’s spew propaganda to run cover on y local government to federal government failures when looking at demographics data and trying to figure out why the unvaccinated remain high in certain areas of the country.

I’ll point to more relevant and recent statements by the government …j&j pause, inconsistent messages by trump and Biden administrations, cdc messaging…why the distrust in the vaccine exist.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 04:18 PM   #48
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
While as disgusting as it was…not a reason why minorities are not getting a vaccine.

It’s spew propaganda to run cover on y local government to federal government failures when looking at demographics data and trying to figure out why the unvaccinated remain high in certain areas of the country.

I’ll point to more relevant and recent statements by the government …j&j pause, inconsistent messages by trump and Biden administrations, cdc messaging…why the distrust in the vaccine exist.
Empirical evidence says otherwise. You're just making shit up at this point. When you try to say a lot about shit you know nothing about, you expose yourself pretty rapidly.

Maybe look into the Dunning-Kruger effect. You're the poster child.
Old 07-19-2021, 05:16 PM   #49
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Everything is so extreme with you. Sometimes you have to make compromises in difficult situations when there are competing interests to consider.

People are doing their best and trying to come up with guidelines and ideas as best they can. Covid sucks but we have to act like adults and make the best of a shitty situation.

I assume you run red lights and hand out cigarettes to toddlers .. because "fucking mafia", right?

Lighten up ... being an adult is about being able to deal with the shittier parts of life and not throwing a tantrum about it.
Locking people in their rooms like they are 2nd class citizens to me is extreme imo. This isn't a compromise for the players. This is the NFL trying to make life hell for them, so they just give up, and go get vaccinated.

The NFL and a large population of Americans in general would probably support forced vaccinations if possible.

If I was a player, I think any risk with getting vaccinated would be way less than not being able to live normally with my teammates.

That is why I got my shot. I wasn't excited to get it. But I decided that I much rather live as normal as possible and take my chances with any adverse side effects to the vaccination. Other people, including players, might not think the same, or just outright don't want it. And that is their choice to make. Doesn't make them all fucking idiots, which seems to be a common theme, not just here, but in general.

When people's rights are being affected, I will always have a problem with it. If that makes me extreme, than I'm extreme.

Totally the same thing.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 05:26 PM   #50
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:

This is one of the most sickening things I've ever read about in my life. So fucking terrible. I could definitely see how that could sew mistrust, even today. It really wasn't that long ago.
Old 07-19-2021, 05:28 PM   #51
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Empirical evidence says otherwise. You're just making shit up at this point. When you try to say a lot about shit you know nothing about, you expose yourself pretty rapidly.

Maybe look into the Dunning-Kruger effect. You're the poster child.
Whoa Sheldon, that’s a bit much…

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 09:07 AM   #52
MTK
\m/

The NFL has said they are not going to cancel or postpone any games this year, so yeah they are taking as many precautions as possible. Can't blame them for protecting the bottom line at any cost.
Old 07-20-2021, 09:11 AM   #53
MTK
\m/

Schneed10 coming into this thread like

Old 07-22-2021, 02:34 PM   #54
EdmundDorf
The Starter

"More pressure on players to get vaccinated. Washington ranked among the top teams last season with only a few players testing positive for covid, but it’s been among the lowest in player vaccination rate. Two weeks ago they were at 36%, per source."

WOW, didn't think it would be that low, Ron not getting through to them. Hope the prospect of forfeiting games and game cheques will speed some up otherwise we are in deep crap. Could cost us 2-4 games, they dont have that much of a margin
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 06:04 PM   #55
skinsfan69
Living Legend

That Covid shot was a real ass kicker. I was down for 5 days. Never felt so bad in my life. I can see why guys don't want to get it.

I just don't see how any team can compete for a championship if they don't have everyone vaccinated.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 11:04 PM   #56
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Wow, agreeing with Ezekiel Elliot. I need to re-think my whole life:

"I got the vaccine just because I wanted to put myself in the best situation to be out there for my team week in and week out. But I mean, not everyone feels that strongly or maybe other people still have their view of vaccines. You can't force someone to do something that they don't want to do to their body," said Elliott, who was diagnosed with COVID-19 last summer.
Old 07-22-2021, 11:14 PM   #57
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

New England Patriots linebacker Matt Judon expressed his frustration with the NFL's new policy with a tweet that said: "The NFLPA F---ing sucks."

This dude is extreme!
Old 07-23-2021, 06:43 AM   #58
irish
Playmaker

Looks like teams who cant play because of covid could end up forfeiting those games. No rescheduling like last year.

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-covid-1...cancelled-game
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 06:48 AM   #59
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Here's to body shaming. A lot of us already knew, my body, my choice, was a regular John Denver.

It's really your choice only after the democratic party announces it's your choice.
Old 07-23-2021, 08:11 AM   #60
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Here's to body shaming. A lot of us already knew, my body, my choice, was a regular John Denver.

It's really your choice only after the democratic party announces it's your choice.
Would love this attitude in the 50's, maybe we could still be battling polio today!